• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Revisited by Andreas

Jukili

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Remove the awful Timeturner music, and shorten it. Already seen it twenty minutes prior!

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jukili said:
Remove the awful Timeturner music, and shorten it. Already seen it twenty minutes prior!

I like the Time Turner music

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[OotP UPDATE: Opening]
So this is the rough cut of the opening five minutes of the Order of the Phoenix.

Password: HP

[size=medium]Things to note:

- Opening color graded, to remove strong, unnatural blue nightsky and settle for a more natural blue nightsky.
- New SFX.
- Opening music altered to reveal Sirius and Harry's Theme from PoA - which the movie is all about, before transitioning into the (now darker) HP theme.
- Private Drive opening to continue our adventure where our previous one ended - the death of Cedric Diggory, and to set the dark tone for the movie to come. Opening extended 45 seconds.
- Transition into original opening sky through Private Drive window.
- Some color grading to the scenery, toned down a little bit of the strong sun colors. Very minor.
- Added a short, musical score from SS/PS to when Harry pulls his wand at Dudley.
- Added short, musical cues from Dementor's Converge soundtrack (from PoA) when storm occurs. I want to keep the scene going with a thriller-y and sound driven atmosphere like in the original, so few cues occur and then disappear for musical continuity reasons with the Dementors.
- Created Storm Clouds with Dementors from behind, to build up suspense.
- Color Graded Underground sequence to look even filthier.
- Extended Underground sequence (6 seconds) to continue building atmosphere and suspense.
- A lot of musical cues and new SFX.
- Added back in the Dementor SFX's from PoA, especially the ones when they are groaning (before attacking) and the one where they are sucking the soul out of people, for continuity reasons.
- Added Harry's Patronous theme for continuity reasons, although I created my own, darker version to fit the darker tone of the movie.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jukili said:
I don't think it's awful. But I agree that the sequence could be shortened. It is very repedative, and I always find the movie getting a little sloppy near the end.
Masirimso17 said:
I do too. But what do you think of the sequence?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Masirimso17 said:
I do too. But what do you think of the sequence?

I think the sequence is really cool, but perhaps it could be shortened. I'm fine with it either way.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as Prisoner of Azkaban goes, I've decided to remove all the blackouts that appear throughout the movie, simply for continuity reasons. The only one left will be Harry's nightmare on the train as we zoom in through his eye before he wakes up.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I LOVE the new opening. Just ideas, maybe you could add some sounds when the Dementor’s Kiss occurs, maybe some about Cedric, some about his mother, like in PoA? If appropriate

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
I LOVE the new opening. Just ideas, maybe you could add some sounds when the Dementor’s Kiss occurs, maybe some about Cedric, some about his mother, like in PoA? If appropriate
Thanks, man, I'm very happy to hear that!

Those are some excellent ideas! Will be done right away.

Jukili

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very cool opening! Maybe add some dementors when Umbridge tales over?

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Jukili"  Hmm... Is that canon in the book? It makes sense I suppose.

What do you guys think of the Umbridge Theme? I'm not a fan of it, and I think it does not belong in the Harry Potter franchise. It doesn't have the Potter feel to it. It's like something out of a Christmas Classic.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, if you’re not a fan of it you should change it, it’s your edit after all, but I think the point is that the theme is supposed to be annoying. It’s nothing special and could be changed to something better though, so it doesn’t really matter if you ask me. It’s up to you.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
True enough. I concur that it is for annoying purposes, but it still is quite enough for me to have one annoying presence on screen rather than one in my ear as well. I think I might go for the Gilderoy Lockhart Theme.

Thank you.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[UPDATE]
I think this will suffice to fix the continuity error between GoF fireplace connection and OotP fireplace connection.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think this creates a continuity error within itself. IMO it’s better to have this design difference between movies rather than an inconsistent two within one movie. I’d leave it as it originally is, but again it’s up to you.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
I think this creates a continuity error within itself. IMO it’s better to have this design difference between movies rather than an inconsistent two within one movie. I’d leave it as it originally is, but again it’s up to you.
Hmm, I see your point. The idea was that maybe there were several iterations to chose from.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Masirimso17 said:
Hmm, I see your point. The idea was that maybe there were several iterations to chose from.

If that was the intent, then it’s not really clear.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[UPDATE]
First post re-edited. More focused and clear. Right down to business.

PREVIEW CLIPS:

OPENING

THE DEMENTOR ATTACK (Password: HPREVISITED)

NIGHTMARE

RESCUING HARRY

DARK ARTS WITH UMBRIDGE

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loved all of them. Not sure about the same shot of Harry waking up in bed though. I know they’re flipped this time but it’s still a bit jarring. Don’t know how else I’d do it though.

Also is Tonks going to be reintroduced by name later? What are you planning with her?

However I found the music during the argument between Harry and Umbridge (after Harry mentions Voldemort) very over-the-top with the Dementor theme and tense mystery theme from PS/CoS.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Loved all of them. Not sure about the same shot of Harry waking up in bed though. I know they’re flipped this time but it’s still a bit jarring. Don’t know how else I’d do it though.

Also is Tonks going to be reintroduced by name later? What are you planning with her?

However I found the music during the argument between Harry and Umbridge (after Harry mentions Voldemort) very over-the-top with the Dementor theme and tense mystery theme from PS/CoS.
Cheers, brother. Yes, I do agree on this. I hope I will come up with a self-made replacement there, as of right now I'll just stay with the flipped shot. I hate repeating shots.

Tonks is mentioned by name as the door blows open, and also at Headquarters.

Hmm, maybe it is a little bit over-the-top. I might go with a little bit more subtle Voldemort theme here. I think the Dementor theme works, but its volume should be lowered a little. The Dementor theme comes back in OotP and evolves with the story, as Voldemort's tight fists are overtaking the universe more and more.
[quote="Motley']
Good for you to be back, brother! :D
[/quote]
Cheers, brother! Good to be back! What did you think about the previews? :)

Top Bottom