• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Revisited by Andreas

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix [REVISITED] [w/ PoA]
PREVIEW CLIPS

OPENING

THE DEMENTOR ATTACK (Password: HPREVISITED)

NIGHTMARE

RESCUING HARRY

DARK ARTS WITH UMBRIDGE

PROJECT DETAILS
When I started out with my Harry Potter Revisited franchise, it was all about acknowledging that Harry Potter 1 & 2 were respectively out of date and non-consistent with the rest of the series. When Alfonso Quaron took over the helmet in the Prisoner of Azkaban he gave the series what they so desperately needed: a gritty, realistic atmosphere in an elsewhere magical fantasyworld. He grounded the series, much like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy grounded Tolkien’s fantasy books for the big screen; in what could have been an ancient, forgotten world.
I took Alfonson’s approach to Philosopher’s Stone and Chamber of Secrets, as well as touching upon the two movies with new sfx, music, effects and colors, and alteration of the two movie’s pacing. Then, after a break, I started to commence work on a much more dreaded task - editing the Goblet of Fire (which I undoubtedbly think is the weakest link in the entire franchise) - and put Prisoner of Azkaban on hold (finding it to be a less complicated task at the time, therefore awaiting that project for another time).
Now, having finished Sorcerer’s Stone, Chamber of Secrets and the Goblet of Fire, I think it is time to complete the franchise once and for all. Work has commenced on Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince - all siminoutanesly.

PROJECT PROGRESS AND FURTHER DETAILS
Order of the Phoenix is actually one of my favorite HP movies, alongside Prisoner of Azkaban. The movie is fast-paced, often intense, and it has big stakes for our characters. I think the movie’s biggest flaw is its feeling of complete dissonence from the rest of the series, feeling much less like a Harry Potter movie and much more like a drama/thriller piece. Therefore, my biggest priority has been to establish a greater connection between this and the rest of the series - including remastered versions (by myself) for Voldemort’s Theme, A Window to the Past, Hogwart’s Theme, Neville’s (upcoming DH) theme, Gilderoy Lockhart’s Theme (now more of a Dark Arts Class theme), Quidditch Theme and more.

The movie has also been color graded to remove the heavy reliance on blue (just like the nightmare Color Grade i’ve been through on HBP, just way, way easier - more on that at a later time), and the pacing has been mostly kept intact; although some late-placed deleted scenes have been re-incorporated for emotional weight and a better closure. A lot of scenes has also been removed with Filtch, as I’m not fond of his complete turn to a clown in this paticular film piece.
I’ve also taken my time in creating new scenes (which can both be witnessed in the uncomplete Opening Preview up above, as well as the completed Dementor Attack preview). The movie has most of its scenes altered one way or another, be it color, SFX (which a lot of new sound mixes has been made), music, pacing, fixes or even alterations to a paticular object, character or background on the screen.

Let’s remaster this magic!

And like always; give me ideas, feedback and love! It will help perfect a product I think will be greatly enjoyed.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whew, that was a long essay/rant about HBP and it was awesome. Agree with most, if not all of you points. Especially that colour grade. Understand their decision but it's just so... Eh?

Very interested in what you're doing here, definitely an intriguing project. :)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Whew, that was a long essay/rant about HBP and it was awesome. Agree with most, if not all of you points. Especially that colour grade. Understand their decision but it's just so... Eh?

Very interested in what you're doing here, definitely an intriguing project. :)
Cheers, brother. 

I think this project will turn out great. I sound very harsh on this movie - but I think I'm fair. In there, there is so much good that when you get rid of the bad, it must be truly amazing.

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're quick - another HP fanedit. Maybe you even finish this edit :).
What does OotP stand for?

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zagadka said:
You're quick - another HP fanedit. Maybe you even finish this edit :).
What does OotP stand for?
Wow, I thought that six year old thread was gone! Well, I'll get to DH again when HBP is finished.

Order of the Phoenix.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Subscribed because of how much I love your work. Say, did you see my latest thread, talking about the darkest HP installment?

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motley'] Subscribed because of how much I love your work. Say said:
I see. But I didn't see you including a cutlist to it or a thread.
I stated in my first post why, and that I would not be making a thread for it.

The cutlist will be in line with all the others; to create a cohesive and strong narrative for the franchise, complementing eachother, and stop breaking continuity in terms of pace, tone and soundtrack. Each film that I tackle need something different, and OotP is much more of a soundtrack-edit than the other ones. OotP will have connections with PoA, because they tackle a lot of the same tone and themes. Loneliness, fear, and the relationship with Sirius.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Good luck on this one, Andreas!
Cheers, brother! I hope you'll keep your suggestions ready.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a suggestion. I was planning on editing Half-Blood Prince a while ago and I asked @"CommandBen" for color correction help, and he said he regraded the movie to look as natural as possible. I haven't seen his regrade, but we had worked together before with The Hobbit: Fire and Water and he does a great job in technical stuff. I think his regrade of Half-Blood Prince, if he still has it, could work very well. I think he could modify the regrade as well as you'd like, too.

Also, I had also worked on an Order of the Phoenix edit a while ago which I stupidly deleted for thinking an error destroyed the whole project, when in fact it really didn't. I know this is the Half-Blood Prince thread, but since there isn't going to be an PoA or OotP thread, I think this is the best place to share my ideas. These were my views and changes, I hope this helps:

Order of the Phoenix is a decent movie, but some important parts from the book were unfortunately removed despite most of the time successfully adapting the longest book into the shortest movie in the saga.

Also, what is supposed to be a quite serious, character driven plus action packed story is bogged down by poor attempts at comedy, mostly with Mr. Filch whose character is ruined because of making him an unfunny comic relief, after his chilling performance in Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets (to be fair, the comic relief seeds were planted in Goblet of Fire but he's especially annoying here). There are other ridiculous moments than his as well, which I've also decided to cut.

Below is my full change-list.

- Cut the Order flying over the river. Why are they flying in a highly populated area where everyone can see them? If it's not possible to cut it, then cut the most unbelievable part, which is the part where they fly next to a boat.
- Cut Tonks making pig and duck faces at the table.
- Cut Mrs. Figg describing what the boys looked like.
- Cut Mrs. Figg raising her hand.
- Cut "Are you barking mad?"
- Add deleted Gryffindor common room establishing shot.
- Cut "Blimey, Harry. I didn't know you could do that." As CinemaSins said; "How did you not know that? The entire magical kingdom has been gossiping about Harry and his former trial for using a Patronus charm in front of a muggle this ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR!!!"
- Cut Mr. Filch waiting for the doors to Room of Requirement to appear while eating a sandwich and the part where he's asleep in the same position.
- Cut Mr. Filch eating Weasley Chocolates and having disgusting exploding acne in the next scene.
- Cut Filch waiting to be assigned for the inquisitorial squad.
- Cut the fireworks flying around Crabbe and Goyle.
- Add Umbridge's deleted mental breakdown in the forest.
- Trimmed DA flying by a skyscraper.

Also, I would suggest watching Prisoner of Azkaban's, Order of the Phoenix's and Half-Blood Prince's reviews by Jeremy Jahns, Chris Stuckmann, Harry's Moving Castle (the DID IT SUCK videos), The Dom (Lost in Adaptation), CinemaSins and The Unusual Suspect, like I had suggested for Goblet of Fire. They would help immensely.

With all that said, I hope all this helps. Looking forward to these, good luck!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Masirimso17" Again, Thank you for your excellent suggestions. Said videos will be watched (and those I have seen, re-watched). Probably a couple of times through editing. ;)

As for that cutlist, there is nothing in there I disagree about. All those things stand out, and are deeply annoying. 

As for the HBP Color Grade, I will do it myself. The Hogwarts scenes are the toughest ones to go at, but i’ll preview some screenies.

Cheers!

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the first one the chabge is almost unnoticeable, the second one is good, while the third is good to be a rough test.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can see the difference. It's like removing a foggy haze.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"addiesin" Exactly my thoughts since the very first time I watched this movie. It’s a giant, green haze. And it doesn't do it any favours.

Cheers for your feedbacks, guys. It looks like it’s going the right way. But I’m not satisfied, yet. Especially for the Hogwarts scenes. Man, do they need work.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Andreas, I went to check out your comparison images again, but thr links seem to be down. What happened? :|

Daniel Palmer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=arial, sans-serif]I have one suggestion for a change you might want make to Harry Potter 5.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Use might want to edit out when Neville Longbottomin the training montage in the room of requirement with the Dumbledore's Army.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]In the middle of the Montage of them training Neville shoots the Expelliarmus curse.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]and then again at the end  [font=arial, sans-serif]of the Montage [/font]he does the spell in a dramatic scene.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I don't know if you want to cut this out.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I always kind of rationalized this movie mistake by assuming that he did expelliarmus during the Montage and then at the end of the Montage he did it because he did it already.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Not sure if you want leave this movie mistake in the montage or cut it out. If you chose to leave it in that is fine. It has worked in the movie all these years [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I also looking forward to[font=arial, sans-serif] HP [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]5 & 6 Revisted[/font], I have loved HP 1, 2, & 4 Revisted alot.[/font]

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Funny catch, @Daniel Palmer. Never noticed that. Had to verify your information twice to spot it as well. I'll fix that as it counts as an inconsistency.

Also, I can update the thread with the fact that I'll release PoA Revisited and OotP Revisited together before I start editing work on Half-Blood Prince, so as to keep continuity fluently (taste the wording of that) and to get a half marathon - as has been requested some times on PM - do-able with this Revisited franchise.

For this though, I will need you guys's opinions and feedbacks. What do you prefer TO BE KEPT in PoA and OotP, and what do you PREFER TO GET RID OF. Those two things, along with any suggestions whatsoever, would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom