• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: The 90 Minute Wicked Edition

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Editroid said:
Where and how will you upload the color-corrected theatrical version?

AEmovieguy said:
Editroid, the color-corrected theatrical will be a barebones DL AVCHD release, and I will be encoding it on a separate computer. Expect it uploaded very late Wednesday or very early Thursday at the latest. This is not an official fanedit.org release, but it is a special request by Editroid. If anyone else is interested, please private message me.
:-|

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry to hear about all of your obstacles. But, you live and you learn. Looking forward to checking out the AVCHD (unless you're going to upload an .mkv as well? :)

Brumous

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AEmovieguy said:
So where does that leave everything now?

AVCHD release:
5 hours left to encode (out of 14), 6 hours to upload - - The .dlc will be up very early Wednesday morning.

DL DVD release:
5 hours to encode, 6 hours to upload – The .dlc will be up late Wednesday.

SL DVD Release:
5 hours to encode, 3 hours to upload – The corrected, corrected .dlc will be available very early Thursday morning.

Since this edit has essentially been unavailable so far, I think it should be removed from the June Fanedit of the Month and added to the July FOTM. Ultimately that should be the determination of the administrators and AEmovieguy, but to me it seems like that would be the fair thing to do.

Good luck with the reencoding, AEmovieguy!

Editroid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please don't give me that look. I was only curious as to the method of how he was going to upload it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And you were already asked to take it to PM. Let's move on.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hope I'll be able to get the AVCHD downloaded in time to watch it Thursday evening before going to the midnight showing.

AEmovieguy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brumous said:
Since this edit has essentially been unavailable so far, I think it should be removed from the June Fanedit of the Month and added to the July FOTM. Ultimately that should be the determination of the administrators and AEmovieguy, but to me it seems like that would be the fair thing to do.

Good luck with the reencoding, AEmovieguy!

I would not object.

Edit: Either way

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I then realized that I had set vbv buffersize to 30000 and maxrate to 40000.

Crap, was that the setting I sent you? If so, sorry. Yeah that is only for BD. I am not in front of my editing computer but I think I set the maxrate to 15k for AVCHD.

I am very curious to see how this AVCHD patch works out and if it makes it so your AVCHD menu is viewable on my PS3. If it is, I might get motivated to re-do my AVCHD release.

codefinder

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I, as well as everyone else here, really appreciate your work on this fanedit, AEmovieguy. While I seem to be one of the few that have successfully extracted/watched the original SL release, I'm definitely looking forward to the AVCHD version as well :)

AEmovieguy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
Crap, was that the setting I sent you? If so, sorry. Yeah that is only for BD. I am not in front of my editing computer but I think I set the maxrate to 15k for AVCHD.

Nothing to be sorry about, Geminigod. You only said that bitrate depends, and Megui just defaulted to those settings for buffer and maxrate. I should have known something was wrong when the BD9 template in DVD Architect defaulted to 18 Mbps.

AEmovieguy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD Architect has finally been defeated! The AVCHD release is uploading now and will be available for download in 5 hours. Please, send me a PM if you are interested in receiving a link to the .dlc upon its completion.

Editroid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where is the color-corrected theatrical version of Deathly Hallows Part 1 you promised me?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the third time I've had to ask for you to move this discussion to PM. Do not bring it up again.

Also, I suggest you give this a read. Pay special attention to tip 2a before you make an unreasonable request again. No one owes you anything here.

AEmovieguy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The SL DVD, DL DVD, and 720p DL AVCHD versions have all been uploaded, tested, and submitted for posting over the next week or so on Fanedit.org.

Editroid, PM sent. For good this time. ;-)

AEmovieguy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those who watched the single-layer DVD only. but would still like to see the Easter egg hidden in the DL DVD and AVCHD release:

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:lol:

Awesome!

codefinder

Reaction score
Trophy Points
AEmovieguy said:
For those who watched the single-layer DVD only. but would still like to see the Easter egg hidden in the DL DVD and AVCHD release:

So awesome! :)

Top Bottom