• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Almighty Edit

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After getting feedback on my Game of Thrones edit I am coming back to my Harry Potter edits to fix them up before submitting. Onto DH p1.
My goal is to create light edits that don't try to reimagine or create anything new, but rather just enhance the original movies.

This edit so far is the lightest one yet. Biggest changes are adding in a couple of the deleted scenes. I've color corrected a few shots that were darker to make them a little easier to see what's going on. And then some slight fixes. I don't have a lot of issues with this movie so I'll be leaving it mostly the same.

Here are a few scenes:
(Two deleted scenes in the intro - Petunia talking to Harry, and Ron's dad building the radio | New music behind Harry and Ginny scene | Deleted scene in woods talking about Voldemort's name being taboo)

Subtitles made by the user - Robuust!

Change list:
  • Added the intro deleted scenes for Petunia talking to Harry, and Mr. Weasley making the radio, but left out the Dudley scene. It required way too much work and I don't think I could fix it well enough in high enough quality
  • Color corrected some of the darker scenes like Snape's intro as he's traveling to Malfoy manor
  • Cut the short scene in the tunnel where Harry runs across the top of the bus while Hagrid spins them around the tunnel. It was a really goofy scene in the middle of the battle
  • Really tiny cut, when Ron convinces Harry not to leave the burrow alone, as they are walking back Ron is saying "Where are the horcruxes?". I cut the line because it felt so forced
  • Kept the "Zip me up" scene with Ginny, but changed the music to be more intimate for them and less somber
  • Added the deleted scene for Ron telling them that Voldemort's name is taboo
  • Cut Hermione telling Harry that they could stay out in the forest and grow old together. It was a weird line from her
  • The rest of the movie is the same

Last edited:

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really wanted to get the deleted scene of Dudley's redemption in there, but I don't think a high resolution version of it exists so I'm leaving it out as the quality is too jarring.
  • Added a bit more color correcting to fix some more of the darker shots throughout
  • Did the same thing I did in HBP where I did some slight rotations to the frame to make it appear that Ginny isn't so much taller than Harry. Only in the scene when they are all arriving at the Weasley house after the initial sky battle and then in the Zip me up scene. I know it's superficial but I prefer it changed like this
  • Slight tweak to the timing when Lupin is questioning Harry to make sure he isn't an imposter
I don't think there is anything else I want to change in this movie. Gonna give it a fresh look in a day or two and then submit

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really minor edits. Gonna export after this:
  • First time Harry is looking at the broken glass I trimmed seeing Aberforth so it doesn't linger quite so long. Only cut a few frames
  • At the Lovegood house, when Mr Lovegood says the Deathly Hallows the trio all say "What?" but staggered. Cut that awkward delivery
  • Another minor trim of the broken glass at the end when Harry asks for help
  • Trimmed Dobby's last words. Instead of ending saying "Harry Potter", his last words are now "Dobby is happy to be with his friend". It felt better to me like this

Top Bottom