• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hard Target (1993) - Workprint "Redux"

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hard+Target-REDUX.jpg

Total Duration: 01:58:45
Total Size: 3.91 GB
Video Format: Mpeg
Archive Format: RAR
Server: Rapidshare
Resolution: 720x480
Files: 22
Link Password: V.D.

SPOILERS AHEAD! (info courtesy of IMDB)

The Director's Cut version is 116 minutes long, including about 20 minutes of graphic footage originally removed to avoid an NC-17 rating. Scenes Included in the 116min Directors Cut Include:
Additional dialog at the beginning where Van Cleef tels Lopaki (the guy with the arrows) that he shoots like a buffoon and next time he will charge him double.
The ear cutting scene is intact.
A three minute scene of dialog between Natasha and Chance which takes place in Chance's apartment. She is patching him up after the beating he got while looking for dog tag, he puts the moves on her, she leaves then comes back saying she has changed her mind. A still from this scene appears on the liftout that comes with the American DVD release.
While Fouchon is playing the piano there are several shoots of news or documentary footage showing elephants, deer etc being shot down by hunters. This is probably the most disturbing scene in the film.
Before Fouchon drops the letter opener on the floor at the coroners house he has additional dialog that describes what happens when a hunter dies in Africa.
When Roper dies he is shot then gets up and is then hit with another volley of bullets.
When Chance and Natasha firt meet up with Douvee and Chance jump around and start singing before Chance introduces Natasha.
Most of the deaths in the Mardi Gras Graveyard are longer and juicier (people being shot 30 times instead of 10 etc)
In the directors cut the final fight between Chance and Fouchon (in which Chance utters the line "Hunting Season Is Over") is missing. Instead Chance does the runnup as Fouchon shoots, kicks him into the garbage pile, throws the grenade and Fouchon is blown up.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is actually the NC-17 version of the workprint. The Redux version runs for 1:55:20. There's also a third version of the workprint that runs for 128 minutes.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know its nc-17 but redux is the name of the workprint.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's what I was saying. The Redux version runs for 1:55:20, the NC-17 version runs for 1:58:45 and the third one, which I'm not sure what they call it, runs for 128 minutes. The info that you posted above is actually for the NC-17 version, not the Redux version.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dont forget theres a cartoon intro first so it does work out about 1.55 mins.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The cartoon intro would the the video telling viewers that it's not a finished film yet and asking them to provide comments on the film after viewing? If so it probably means that the ones who are listing it at 1:55:20 aren't including the intro. Thanks. I've only got the 128 minute version of the workprint but I've been after this one too. Good to know that I don't have to track down two more versions. ;)

BTW it looks like you've got the remastered version of the workprint. That's great, much cleaner looking than the other one.

D3M0N666

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rule Violation: Request made in the forum
Does anyone here have this still?

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Think this workprint is included in the French Blu-Ray release of Hard Target, unless this one is the "Director's Cut" already released on Blu-Ray.

Honestly, I have a hard time keeping track of all the different versions of the film.

D3M0N666

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Directors Cut is just the international release mislabeled on purpose to sell more copies one would assume...

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to dvdcompare, the German bluray from Koch offers both versions: Theatrical Cut (96:05) and the Unrated Cut (99:39)

However I sitll have the Redux workprint mentioned in post #1. Its possibly how I got it or perhaps from another source before it was posted here back in 2010. On my old list I have it as this: hard target : redux - uncut workprint with an additional 20 mins

D3M0N666

Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to dvdcompare, the German bluray from Koch offers both versions: Theatrical Cut (96:05) and the Unrated Cut (99:39)

However I sitll have the Redux workprint mentioned in post #1. Its possibly how I got it or perhaps from another source before it was posted here back in 2010. On my old list I have it as this: hard target : redux - uncut workprint with an additional 20 mins
Could I possibly grab it from you please?

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting. Any word on picture quality and if it’s the same one here?

Top Bottom