• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Happy Holidays Everyone!!! :)

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the USA it's Black History Month, but in the UK that is in October.

Right now it's LGBT+ History Month! And as the new resident openly queer faneditor, I'd be remiss not to talk about a few subjects I'd discovered during my research.

The earliest recorded evidence of homosexuality among humans came around 10,000 years ago, when the San people of Zimbabwe depicted it in their rock art. This makes the former dictator Robert Mugabe's "We Are Not Gays" speech at the UN, all the more ironic, and sad.

One of Rome's emperors was (most likely) Transgender. Empress Elagabalus reigned for just 4 years, during which time she took on a feminine role, ordered people refer to her with female pronouns and titles, and even offered Roman surgeons vast amounts of wealth to attempt Gender Confirmation Surgery on her.
Her "eccentricities" were eventually too much for many in Rome, as she was assassinated and deposed by her cousin, Severus Alexander (a student of early Christianity), who initiated a crackdown on LGBT rights, deporting homosexual people from the empire. Emperor Constantine converted the Empire to Christianity, 100 years later, and kick-started 2 millennia of global LGBT repression. His children and successors, Constans and Constantius, both engaged in same sex relationships and were succeeded by the newly Christianized Roman elite.

The first state sanctioned death penalty of a homosexual man was imposed following the Book of Leviticus' inscription into Israeli law under Darius I's Achaemeneid Empire. Leviticus was co-opted by the Zoroastrian Vendidad, 200 years later, and homosexuality became punishable by death throughout the empire. During this time, Plato was arguing that same-sex relationships were the highest form of love, in Persia's main rival of Greece.

1035px-World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg.png

Homosexuality is punishable by death in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Sudan, Northern Nigeria, Mauritania and the Islamist controlled portions of Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Somalia.
Lithuania is the only European country, except Russia, to have laws restricting LGBT expression. South Africa is the sole African country to have legislated equal marriage. The majority of Southern Asia have laws punishing homosexuality with life imprisonment.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd +1 your post but I don't want to seem like I support the death penalty for homosexuals.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't wait for 2222.  Once my consciousness is fully loaded into the computer I put in a robot, I should make it to then no problem.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This reminds of that horror flick that came just over 6 years ago 11/11/11 then a year later we had 12/12/12 but more shockingly they managed a 13/13/13  :huh:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
This reminds of that horror flick that came just over 6 years ago 11/11/11 then a year later we had 12/12/12 but more shockingly they managed a 13/13/13  :huh:

lol a couple years ago on 2/12 I watched 12/12/12 after drinking a fifth of rum. Terrible movie, great rum.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The thing is with alcohol everyone loves the sequels

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:

iu

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy Bicycle Day! Drop acid if you get the opportunity today. I'm gonna be frying my brains out tonight on some killer liquid doses.

images

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
May the 4th be with you all! 

And apparently, it's Star Wars Day as well. 

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, it's that day again! May the 4th be with us all.

artboard-copy-21.png
Gonna use this till Solo!

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We went to a Star Wars event today and my awesome wife dressed both our girls up as Jakku Rey, complete with hairstyles.  If I'm done being lazy I might upload a couple of pictures.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They got to look at an X-wing.

izCWzbJ.jpg

They got to sit in an X-wing.

BpySAss.jpg

They got to get their picture drawn.