• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Happy Holidays Everyone!!! :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Merry Christmas to everyone on the Forum!

Forget about IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE or A MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET,
it time for a true Christmas classic!

*Removed all dead video links*

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy Christmas people! Hope you had a merry 25th!

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mistress for Christmas ACDC

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
merry crassmas! and heppi new cycle around our parent star.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy THANKSGIVING DAY Weekend to my fellow Canucks!

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13s9vzXMbks[/video]

:D

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanksgiving in October?  What?

:p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What's that? The advent calendars have been busted out?

Now_the_Jingle_Hop_Has_Begun.jpg

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We really should get some Christmas edits going....

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got an idea in my head for a series of edits similar to your B+  movie series. Basically its based around getting your average 120-130 minute movie down to a crisp 90 mins and not a minute more (less would be ok). The prime candidate for my first attempt is Die Hard, thats about as close to an Christmas movie I would get..

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
I've got an idea in my head for a series of edits similar to your B+  movie series. Basically its based around getting your average 120-130 minute movie down to a crisp 90 mins and not a minute more (less would be ok). The prime candidate for my first attempt is Die Hard, thats about as close to an Christmas movie I would get..

Die Hard is definitely a Christmas movie - and one of the best (along with Muppet Christmas Carol).

Any particular reason for this project other than having a shorter Runtime? Are there particular movies you feel need to be shorter, or drag? Or is it just a fun alternative type thing?

Something I guess is kind of similar that I watched recently was the 2001 Abridged edit on IFDB. Very good. Cleverly got the film down to an hour and a half with barely anything noticeable missing.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah there is a sort of 'personal' reason for it. I quite often sit down for a movie night with the wife with the intention of watching a couple of movies but after tea breaks, toilet breaks etc we only ever end up waching one. I also like movies that just get to the point and swoop you in straight away and get the job done in a lean 90min or so, Im thinking Breakdown with Kurt Russell that sorta thing. it doesnt suit all genres obviously my focus would be on action/thrillers 70s/80s/90s.  So any suggestions for a name for the series would be good.

Die Hard is a rollercoaster at 130mins but Im curious if there is a lean 90min movie in there that doesnt feel too die hard lite

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Yeah there is a sort of 'personal' reason for it. I quite often sit down for a movie night with the wife with the intention of watching a couple of movies but after tea breaks, toilet breaks etc we only ever end up waching one. I also like movies that just get to the point and swoop you in straight away and get the job done in a lean 90min or so, Im thinking Breakdown with Kurt Russell that sorta thing. it doesnt suit all genres obviously my focus would be on action/thrillers 70s/80s/90s.  So any suggestions for a name for the series would be good.

Die Hard is a rollercoaster at 130mins but Im curious if there is a lean 90min movie in there that doesnt feel too die hard lite

The "Done In 90 Minutes" Series? 
Die Hard: The Afternoon Tea Cut? 
Movie Minitures? 
Half the time, Twice the film? 
Snack cut? 
Snack edition? 
Snickers? 
Mars? 
Pluto? 
Mickey Mouse? 
Disney? 
Star Wars? 
I think this may have turned into word association?

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Die Leaner?

Mighty 90 Series ( kinda like that one)

I'll have a think will definitely attempt Die Hard though in time for Cristmas Eve!

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy Anti-Corruption Day!

On October 31, 2003 the UN General Assembly designated December 9 as the International Anti-Corruption day to promote general public awareness about the corruption and its evil effects over the society.

United Nations Conventions against Corruption (UNCAC) is multilateral treaty negotiated by the members of United Nations. UNCAC’s aim is to reduce different types of corruption which can occur across the country borders like money laundering and corruption in international trading.

Quotes of the day:

• Refuse to let the world corrupt you.
  • The biggest disease is corruption, the vaccine is transparency.
  • People which elect corrupt Politicians, Impostors, Thieves and Traitors are Not Victims…. BUT Accomplices.
  • The corruption of the people is to behave in an inhuman way.
  • The worst affected from the corruption is the common man.
  • Corruption is a true enemy to development.
Ten Ways to fight against corruption:

1. Spreading awareness among the general people about the bad effects of corruption.
  2. Developing the clear and definite rules and procedures for each process specially related to government related tasks.
  3. Establishing anti-corruption cells in the government / public offices for complaining corruption.
  4. Installing the CCTV Cameras in the public offices.
  5. Educating and treating the people equally without discrimination of rich and poor.
  6. Spreading justice in the society.
  7. Criticizing and Punishing the corrupt people strictly and making them an example for others to learn a lesson.
  8. Corruption risk assessment by inquiring and identifying the potential areas where people can involve in corrupt activities.
  9. Leaving no loophole area for the corrupt people.
  10. Encouraging the people to stand up bravely against corruption.
Act Against Corruption

Top Bottom