• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halo 4 Reflow (Overhaul/Fanedit Mod)

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello! I saw there was a games forum here and figured this may be of some interest. I created an overhaul mod for Halo 4 on PC called Reflow. It aims to overhaul Halo 4 to enhance the overall experience of the game as much as possible visually, story-wise and gameplay-wise, while also remaining close to the original feel of the game. I personally love Halo 4 and a lot of what 343 was going for, but it has many rough edges. My goal was to smooth those edges in any aspect possible, to elevate the game as a whole.

Overbearing visuals have been dialed back, enemies are more fun to fight, the combat sandbox has been tuned for satisfaction, and the overall presentation has been improved with various enhancements and quality-of-life changes. The mod also features many dialogue changes and could be considered a fanedit of the campaign. I removed and rearranged many lines of dialogue to enhance the mood and tone of certain scenes, as well as utilizing some unused dialogue. The game now maintains its somber tone throughout the entire story.

I made a trailer showing the graphical and gameplay changes:

If you're interested, you can find more info on everything the mod changes, screenshots and the download at the Nexus Mods page:

Thanks!

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks so cool! If I could run Halo 4 on my laptop, I would definitely play this! Do you plan on making anymore Halo mods?

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you! For now, I have no plans for more mods as I'm working on a few edits at the moment. I have an idea I've been kicking around of a Halo CE mod to improve small aspects of the gameplay and try to improve the later half of the game with better directional markers and enemy placement, but keeping it vanilla otherwise. It would be awhile before I could get to that though.

Top Bottom