• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

HALLOWEEN V - The Revenge of Michael Myers - The Phineasbg C

Mitch

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Original film name: Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
New film name: Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers - PhineasBg Recut
Date Original Film Was Released: 1989
Date Edit Was Released: March 15, 2007
Original Runtime: 96 min.
New Runtime: 90 min.
Amount of time Cut/Added: 6 minutes removed.

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

My goal was to make Halloween 5 more of a standalone film (while not overtly contradicting Thorn for fans of that storyline), while also making a few trims and repairs. Many fan complaints of the film are addressed and corrected now.

A quick summary of some of the edits:

* The mysterious "Man in Black" is now completely gone from the film.
* The shot of Loomis holding Jamie during the Halloween 4 recap at the beginning of this film is removed, as this contradicts the events of Halloween 4.
* There is no longer a Thorn tattoo on Michael's wrist.
* The "Clownish Cops" are no longer clownish, nor does silly clownish music play when they're around.
* Billy, the annoying stuttering child, has been toned down, and he no longer stutters.
* The Myers house was completely different from the house in Halloween 1. So I've replaced exterior shots of the house with stock shots of the house from Halloween 1. Some other shots are cropped to disguise that it's a different house.
* When Loomis first visits the Myers house, I trimmed the parts where he looks at the laundry chute. I felt these portions are too "in your face" in setting up the chute later on in the film. I did leave in a brief moment where we see the chute door in the background. I felt this was subtle enough to set up the Jamie/chute scene later on.
* During the "Cookie Woman" scene, we hear someone say into a radio "Sgt. Meeker, what's your 20?" I changed this to "Meeker, what's your 20?" A small nit, but it bugged me since Meeker's the Sheriff. Billy also doesn't "translate" for Jamie during this scene.
* A few Tina moments are toned down to make her less annoying. Her "bomp-a-da" singing cut down, her "eekeekeek" after saying "I'm not sensible if I can help it." is gone, etc. I have Jamie's begging and crying "Don't go! Tina!" toned down as Tina's ignoring of her pleas hurts her character. Jamie still asks her to stay, but it's not as desperate.
* Some moments from the supporting characters (such as Mikey and Spitz) are also toned down a bit to make them less annoying.
* The barn scene has been tightened, including the overlong sex scene with Spitz.
* When Michael is chasing Jamie with the car, some shots were flipped incorrectly, making it look as if Michael is on the wrong side of the car. I've reflipped these shots. I've also removed the expressions of smiling relief on Jamie's face when the car crashes, since Jamie would know better.
* Michael no longer sheds a tear in the attic.
* When Loomis beats Michael with a board, he doesn't keep ridiculously screaming "Die Die Die Die!" He now says "Die, Michael, Die!" once.
* When Michael is in jail, he originally was wearing his mask. Since many fans felt this was unbelievable, I've digitally colored Michael's mask to fleshtone so it looks like he's not wearing his mask. The cell's bars blocking his face helps with the illusion.
* Instead of the Man In Black shooting a machine gun and freeing Michael from jail, the scene has been recut to imply Michael broke free on his own.

Time needed for the edition: One month.

preview_h5thronless1.jpg

Top Bottom