• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halloween - The TV Terror Cut

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GASLrT6.png
[align=left]

When Halloween was sold for broadcast to NBC in 1980, the network demanded numerous edits to the original film. Although producer Debra Hill personally debated these cuts, it became necessary to create additional scenes to fill the movie's two-hour television slot. Using the crew of Halloween II, as well as  Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasence, director John Carpenter commenced a three-day shoot of all-new scenes and alternate footage that was then added to the original version.

The TV Terror Cut is an attempt to add back these scenes from the TV cut (which were included on the 35th Anniversary Blu-Ray) into the feature film and make them stand up against the HD footage, of which these scenes are just in SD. 

CUTLIST: 
- added Dr. Loomis argues with 2 other doctors about transfering Michael Myers to a minimum-security-sanatorium (taking place a few months after young Michael kills his sister)
- added Loomis talking to a 'comatose' young Michael about fooling the doctors, but not him 
- added Loomis looking at the room where Michael was held in the sanatorium and managed to escape.
- added Laurie's friend coming over and talking about the guy that was following them

ZEcS4HL.png

Amok

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this sounds interesting. how do we see it?

jesusloves

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't wait for this edit. Thanks for all the hard work you put into making this for us.

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has there been a follow up of any news, or maybe finished?? I’d love to see this!!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
scrapesky said:
Has there been a follow up of any news, or maybe finished?? I’d love to see this!!

Yes, this edit was finished the moment I put this post up

kato786

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
GASLrT6.png
[align=left]

When Halloween was sold for broadcast to NBC in 1980, the network demanded numerous edits to the original film. Although producer Debra Hill personally debated these cuts, it became necessary to create additional scenes to fill the movie's two-hour television slot. Using the crew of Halloween II, as well as  Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasence, director John Carpenter commenced a three-day shoot of all-new scenes and alternate footage that was then added to the original version.

The TV Terror Cut is an attempt to add back these scenes from the TV cut (which were included on the 35th Anniversary Blu-Ray) into the feature film and make them stand up against the HD footage, of which these scenes are just in SD. 

CUTLIST: 
- added Dr. Loomis argues with 2 other doctors about transfering Michael Myers to a minimum-security-sanatorium (taking place a few months after young Michael kills his sister)
- added Loomis talking to a 'comatose' young Michael about fooling the doctors, but not him 
- added Loomis looking at the room where Michael was held in the sanatorium and managed to escape.
- added Laurie's friend coming over and talking about the guy that was following them

ZEcS4HL.png

hi
is this available to download?

Adamian

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have another edit of the original film and the TV scenes from about 8 years ago. I'm going to watch this one and see how it compares.  Thanks for making it!

ratedr93

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This sounds absolutely fantastic!!! Michael and the Halloween series is one of my all times faves!!!! So excited for these new cuts of my fave films! Hope to be able to experience this one some time!

Croweyes1121

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did this same thing a while back on myspleen. I called mine the Revised Extended Cut. I agree that the extra scenes are terrific. :)

phadron

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have another edit of the original film and the TV scenes from about 8 years ago. I'm going to watch this one and see how it compares. Thanks for making it!
Hi!
What about your version?
Is It the same as Bobson?
Thanks

dotdfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty good. Media "accidentally" released a very similar cut back in 1989/1990 on VHS that included all the made-for-TV scenes. Once they recognized their mistake, they attempted to correct it by issuing the older theatrical cut for future pressings. It's a highly-sought after tape amongst VHS collectors and Halloween fans.

Top Bottom