• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halloween - The Doctor’s Cut

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

**Hello, I wanted to finally get my Halloween Fanmix out there. It is called Halloween: The Doctor’s Cut. This is my first time submission and the first fan film I’ve made.

Brief synopsis:
It is Halloween 1 & Halloween 2 shortened and streamlined into one movie with additions from Halloween 1 Extended Edition. Additional music scores and creative changes supplement the narrative and film experience. The twist is that it focuses more on the relationship between Dr. Loomis and Michael rather than Laurie and Michael.

Intention:
To tighten up the entire story of the night he came home with the primary focus being on Loomis and Michael with less focus on Laurie and others. I additionally wanted to add more tension, suspense and a fresh sense of creativity to an already incredible story.

**CHANGEST LIST**
SPOILER ALERT

All changes noted are roughly within a second or two.

Halloween 1978 removed:

0:00-3:34 - The opening credits/part of the opening scene of Michael watching his sister and boyfriend

6:00-7:00 - Michael walking outside after killing sister

14:29-16:25 - Loomis talking to Wynn and Laurie in class

25:37-28:06 - Laurie seeing Michael outside, talking on the phone with Linda

16:25-18:35 - Tommy no longer outside of school being stalked by Michael

44:05-49:56 - Tommy talking about the boogeyman, Annie getting stuck in the laundry room

54:19-56:18 - Tommy seeing Annie being carried by Michael

1:07:44-1:07:50 - Linda being strangled on the phone, removed Laurie referencing her "famous chewing"

1:13:38-1:14:22 - Trimmed Laurie looking for Paul and Linda in the house

1:27:36-1:30:56 - Cut after Loomis says "as a matter of fact, that was" and then walks by Laurie. This transitions into the 2nd film

Halloween 1978 added:

-Beginning scene of Michael stalking Judith is now black and white with "Don't Fear The Reaper" playing. Judith can be heard saying Michael and stab effects are included until the scene eventually fades out to black.

-Scene from the Extended Edition added where Loomis is at the panel discussing Michaels future. Also includes Loomis walking back into Michael's room and telling him that he "fooled them". Opening credits and title are added and included in this scene. Two additional scores are added to this scene and Halloween theme fades out during 15 years later scene of Loomis and Marion in the car driving in the rain, signaling the end of the new intro.

-Extended Edition scene added of Loomis seeing Michael's room where he wrote "sister"

-Additional score begins in the scene of Loomis yelling at Lonnie and eventually talks to Brackett.

-New titles added featuring the dates and location early in the film. These replaced the ones from the original film that were in place.

Halloween 2 1981 removed:

0:00-3:05 - Opening recap removed. First film transitions into Loomis running outside to see Michael not in the grass

3:33-7:28 - Loomis not seen standing up after touching grass, opening title removed

8:30-12:27 - Michael not seeing stealing knife, killing neighbor girl, siren of police car removed during scene of EMS picking up Laurie.

14:17-16:02 - Laurie in ambulance trimmed to quicker arrival at hospital, boy with blade in his mouth removed entirely

19:59-22:02 - More of boy with blade in mouth removed, Jimmy visiting Laurie removed

24:29-27:55 - Karen heading to work removed, Michael being seen walking towards hospital removed, Bud and crew watching news about Michael removed

28:22 -32:16 - Garrett not seen letting Karen in, more of Bud and crew in break room watching news removed, Michael not seen walking down stairs, Karen talking with Mrs. Alves removed

34:59-40:22 - Mr. Garrett no longer checks the storage unit and death removed

44:22-52:35 - All of Bud and Karen removed. Laurie's dream sequence removed.

56:06-57:53 - Janet no longer finds Dr mixter and death removed

Halloween 2 1981 added:

-Halloween main theme begins when Loomis is visualized stepping outside to see Michael not in the grass. It plays through until scene of EMS picking up Laurie and fades out at the beginning of said scene.

-Additional score during the Samhain scene at the school

-Additional score after Loomis points gun at officer shouting "those orders have changed!" and plays through after Laurie seeing Loomis and crew entering hospital

-Don't Fear The Reaper cover fades in and plays when ambulance drives away with Laurie and plays through the newly constructed end credits.

Although this is my first fanedit, I believe I have created a very fun, dark, eerie and fresh edit. Big changes have been made since the beginning. I have had great guidance through this entire journey and I encourage anybody who wants a fresh take one the original two films to ask me to see the edit. Scenes cut out, cut scenes added in, additional score and a fresh perspective on two beloved characters: Michael Myers and Sam Loomis.

Last edited:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to pending review.

Jnisch said:
It is Halloween 1 (extended edition) & 2 mixed into one movie... The twist is that it focuses more on the relationship between Dr. Loomis and Michael rather than Laurie and Michael.

Interesting. That sounds like a fresh approach.

Jnisch said:
On the First Time Faneditor Submission page I do not see a way to actually attach the .dlc file. It is all ready to go. If there’s a way to do so or if there is something I am missing, I am also open to somebody offering a solution. I’m not sure if I just PM to a moderator or what. I assumed this would be apart of the submission page.

That is correct. We don't post download links here.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like this idea. As I said in another thread, I'm rewatching the franchise right now, and it's weird how 4-6 really focus on Loomis as a main character, when Laurie is the clear main character of 1-2. The next time I go through this original timeline, I'll pair your Doctor's cut of 1-2 with 4-6.

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Thread moved to pending review.

Jnisch said:
It is Halloween 1 (extended edition) & 2 mixed into one movie... The twist is that it focuses more on the relationship between Dr. Loomis and Michael rather than Laurie and Michael.

Interesting. That sounds like a fresh approach.

Jnisch said:
On the First Time Faneditor Submission page I do not see a way to actually attach the .dlc file. It is all ready to go. If there’s a way to do so or if there is something I am missing, I am also open to somebody offering a solution. I’m not sure if I just PM to a moderator or what. I assumed this would be apart of the submission page.

That is correct. We don't post download links here.

I did not mean post the link. I mean how am I supposed to submit it for review? Is there a specific moderator I should attach it to in a PM?

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I like this idea. As I said in another thread, I'm rewatching the franchise right now, and it's weird how 4-6 really focus on Loomis as a main character, when Laurie is the clear main character of 1-2. The next time I go through this original timeline, I'll pair your Doctor's cut of 1-2 with 4-6.

Let me know if you want to see it how it stands currently!

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay I misunderstood the rules, submitting my .dlc to fanedit.info tonight

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Update:

Submitted to fanedit.info admin! And admin on FEF.

Now I will await review.

To anyone, please feel free to PM me in the mean time

Happy Halloween

FutureCapsule

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My first fan edit combined Halloween 1 and 2 as well and I haven't submitted for approval yet. I started it last year to practice color correction by making the trees look more like autumn in Illinois. It's an interesting approach you took to focus on Loomis. I imagine that races through the story a lot faster and probably makes the transition feel less like 2 movies glued together. My cut runs 2 hours which is long for a slasher. This post was from last year and I'm still trying to learn the process so I don't know what your status is, but if there's a way I can watch, I'm down. Mine is on my vimeo page now. In fact I'd be curious to see all the Halloween/Halloween 2 mashups because I know it's a popular pursuit for fan-editors to combine them. I tend to like the emphasis to be on the first film since H2 is quite sluggish.

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My first fan edit combined Halloween 1 and 2 as well and I haven't submitted for approval yet. I started it last year to practice color correction by making the trees look more like autumn in Illinois. It's an interesting approach you took to focus on Loomis. I imagine that races through the story a lot faster and probably makes the transition feel less like 2 movies glued together. My cut runs 2 hours which is long for a slasher. This post was from last year and I'm still trying to learn the process so I don't know what your status is, but if there's a way I can watch, I'm down. Mine is on my vimeo page now. In fact I'd be curious to see all the Halloween/Halloween 2 mashups because I know it's a popular pursuit for fan-editors to combine them. I tend to like the emphasis to be on the first film since H2 is quite sluggish.
I can send you the download link! I have it copied and I will get it to you later today. It’s a fun project, finish yours up and I’d love to watch yours.
I dont see this ever being “approved”, but. I dont really care. It’s complete, I’ve sent it to a few people and I’ll send it to everyone who wants to watch.

FutureCapsule

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can send you the download link! I have it copied and I will get it to you later today. It’s a fun project, finish yours up and I’d love to watch yours.
I dont see this ever being “approved”, but. I dont really care. It’s complete, I’ve sent it to a few people and I’ll send it to everyone who wants to watch.
I think our last 2 msgs were deleted because they contained links? I was gonna take a look today since I had time, but I don't see it here.

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think our last 2 msgs were deleted because they contained links? I was gonna take a look today since I had time, but I don't see it here.
I must have accidentally posted? I thought I messaged it to you. Did you get it?

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! I just got word that this edit is alive and a trailer and some clips may be forthcoming. We should have a very interesting Halloween! I count at least six Halloween 🎃 edits, not to mention a dark and disturbing Godzilla edit!

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! I just got word that this edit is alive and a trailer and some clips may be forthcoming. We should have a very interesting Halloween! I count at least six Halloween 🎃 edits, not to mention a dark and disturbing Godzilla edit!

OP here. Thanks for commenting. Although I have not made any changes since originally sharing the file, the zip file is alive and well. I am more than happy to share to those who ask. I will be posting a trailer soon as well.

Unfortunately I do not know what else to do to get admins attention about moving forward and considering the film “completed” or “finished”.

Although in my eyes, though not perfect, is more than watchable. I hope to share this to more people. I know a few who have watched it but still have mo reviews.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unfortunately I do not know what else to do to get admins attention about moving forward and considering the film “completed” or “finished”.
You could respond to the pms that I have been sending you offering to move you into the review process. This is an interactive process. You will need to respond in a somewhat timely manner. Our time is valuable, as well.
Although in my eyes, though not perfect, is more than watchable. I hope to share this to more people. I know a few who have watched it but still have mo reviews.
It is a very good edit with an interesting concept that is executed well. Your changes mostly work, but the edit isn't ready for approval.

I have recommended that your edit be moved to ITW until you can find time to work through the approval process with an Academy Member or qualified faneditor. Good luck!

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You could respond to the pms that I have been sending you offering to move you into the review process. This is an interactive process. You will need to respond in a somewhat timely manner. Our time is valuable, as well.

It is a very good edit with an interesting concept that is executed well. Your changes mostly work, but the edit isn't ready for approval.

I have recommended that your edit be moved to ITW until you can find time to work through the approval process with an Academy Member or qualified faneditor. Good luck!

Thanks for keeping up with it! I shared the art you made and am working on the trailer. Hope you guys enjoy the movie! Looking forward to see what should be changed for final approval.

I put an update on the original post.

For any other interested fans, shoot me a PM and I’ll share the movie.

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You’re welcome! I look forward to the next steps.

New and improved trailer coming very shortly!

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailers are up and the edit is still available for anyone to check out. I could really use some criticism and opinions. And who doesn't love the first two Halloween movies? Message me if you want to check out the film and ill send it ASAP. HAPPY HALLOWEEN

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...as final alterations are being made. The opening sequence of the first movie has been removed and the added scene of Loomis talking to the board is the opening scene. It has been updated with new openings credits and music. A full accurate list of changes is coming soon...

Damn! It's very inspiring to see how far you have come as an editor! Those trailers are very good.

Top Bottom