• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween Shock (Found Footage Horror Comedy!)

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey! Did you like Future Shock? It's part of the Time Travel Consecution, in case you missed it. What's that? You missed it? Then why are you still here? Go watch the Time Travel Consecution! We've got over ten great shorts about one of the greatest concepts in fiction and some nifty extras. Lots of talent and creativity on display. Go on, go on. I'll still be here when you get back.

Welcome back! So, in the spirit of Halloween, I went ahead and made a seasonal sequel to my short, again comprised of footage from multiple Reno 911! episodes, refashioned into found footage horror/comedy. At least, I think that's what this it. Could just be a haunted video file. Crashed my computer enough times while rendering to be haunted, at the very least. Enjoy!

(Password: Fanedit.org)

Review:

Hot damn this was funny. In Reno 911 fashion, this is a bit of a hodge-podge, with all sorts of scenarios and jokes jam-packed together. It may not all make sense until the end, but if you're a Reno fan, you'll get a kick out of this. The found-footage angle was nicely done, even though some may undoubtedly find the static and rolling picture annoying, I thought it was a fun homage to found footage movies that go wild when the shit goes down.

"Hell yeah, let's do whip-its right now real quick."

A/V quality - 9
Editing - 10
Narrative - 9
Enjoyment - 10

Looking forward to "Christmas Shock" (if there's enough footage possible, I can't remember).

Thanks, Neg!

I don't recall a Christmas episode - there is discussion of yearly secret Santa in the same episode with the UFO, so I could use that angle. Lots of religious stuff with Kimball as well, but she was the weak link in the lineup for me, probably wouldn't make for a good edit. There may be potential for a Thanksgiving centric one, with Dangle's estranged family, maybe.

Edit: Nick Swardson has a Christmas-centric short - as Terry - on one of his standup DVDs. I may track that down for something...

Back
Top Bottom