• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

HALLOWEEN RETURNS | Halloween (2018) Fanedit

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy...! I went into this cold not remembering much about the 2018 Halloween that this based on. This edit is hands down the scariest Halloween I've seen since watching the original 1978 version as a kid. I'm not a huge fan of all of the sequels or remakes. I asked to preview this last year and lost it on an external hard drive. Found it and Wow.

I'm going to have to watch the original again and compare but the editing is seamless and the movie just seems darker and more haunting. Like this could really happen somewhere. I really like that Michael is portrayed as a full-on nut job instead of a super-human monster. The music, especially that spike that grinds every so often, is perfect. Made us jump several times. Chilling.

I hope this fanedit is approved by Halloween. It is certainly as good as any other Halloween movies or edits I've seen.

Last edited:

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ffsfsfsfsfsfssff
Can't wait for this... especially as I've been lazy this year and decided not to release a Halloween fanedit. Looks great.

I smell a Fanedit of the Month award

Thanks for the kind words! I just want to tamper expectations a tad: don't expect a radically different film, just a considerably improved version of said film that takes itself and the franchise more seriously (according to my humble opinion of course!)

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE: I'm previewing this edit on my 5.1 system as we speak. I only edit with two speakers so I always feel like spot-checking the scenes where I modified the music on an actual surround setup.

Also, I'm very happy to say that I managed to complete all the visual effects shots I wanted, except for one idea that I ultimately couldn't pull off. All told, there are about 26 VFX shots. They range from stabilizing, motion tracking, face replacement, masking, etc

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MzRiDhq.jpg

This edit is now available! I'm sending download links via private message so hit me up there.

It's 2 options of MKV files: original encode (approx 25 gb) and small encode (approx 10 gb). Both options have 5.1 and stereo sound.

Let me know if anything's wonky and I hope you enjoy it and leave a comment if you can! :D

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with Tinybreadmouse...this will be required viewing this month, along with a couple of others...and has the feel of an award. The workprint was very creepy and haunting...and there is the fact that Last Survivor didn't produce another Halloween edit this year...but there is a couple others in the works that look promising and...what is Ryantology up to?
šŸ˜

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wanted to review it right away at IFDB, but it isnĀ“t listed yet.

So, i never watched the original from 2018, so iĀ“m a virgin for this one and oh boy!
Despite i canĀ“t tell what and how do you changed, you aimed to make this movie suspenful and MM more menacing? Definetly achieved. I felt like watching the modern version of the original from 1978, so bravo @thebutcher.
DidnĀ“t noticed any cut/re-arrange, the colour grading fits, the quality (bluray version) is right were it needed to be.
Now iĀ“m stoked for the upcoming Halloween Kills:)

emh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll echo what SIUse stated above- this edit truly improves 2018's Halloween in almost every aspect. The Dr. Sartain twist alone is handled ten times better than in the original release!!! The new establishing shots thebutcher has inserted in this fanedit increases the sense of dread in many of the scenes and much of the over-the-top humor is thankfully reduced. Overall, this fanedit is closer to what I feel a direct sequel to the 1978 Halloween should be. Excited for Halloween Kills!!

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy...! I went into this cold not remembering much about the 2018 Halloween that this based on. This edit is hands down the scariest Halloween I've seen since watching the original 1978 version as a kid. I'm not a huge fan of all of the sequels or remakes.

I'm going to have to watch the original again and compare but the editing is seamless and the movie just seems darker and more haunting. Like this could really happen somewhere. I really like that Michael is portrayed as a full-on nut job instead of a super-human monster. The music, especially that spike that grinds every so often, is perfect. Made us jump several times. Chilling.
I echo what I said above. šŸ˜

Last edited:
Top Bottom