• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

HALLOWEEN RETURNS | Halloween (2018) Fanedit

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the input guys! I'll keep the exchange between Laurie and Karen.

hothstation said:
This looks great; I am looking forward to seeing this!

It will be released on the 24th. Maybe as "Version 1", since there are a few VFX shots I probably won't have time to finish in time.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you for the update and your hard work on this project!

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thebutcher said:
It will be released on the 24th. Maybe as "Version 1", since there are a few VFX shots I probably won't have time to finish in time.

Well this wasn't released on the 24th! I will make it available for previews later today, if anyone is interested in checking it out. I wish I could have completed it before, especially since there's no new movie coming out this year...

But I will say I'm very proud with the results. I counted about 140 changes, most of them very small but which will hopefully have a cumulative effect on the overall movie and make it a more satisfying experience.

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sent the link to everyone who asked in this thread. No reply or feedback yet...I'd love to hear what you think!

GamerGene04

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thebutcher said:
Sent the link to everyone who asked in this thread. No reply or feedback yet...I'd love to hear what you think!

I've been looking forward to this edit, so I'd be down to check it out and give feedback as well.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please add me to the list. Always looking for a good Halloween edit!

Thanks!

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emh said:
TinyBreadMouse said:
thebutcher said:
I will make it available for previews later today, if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Sign me up!
Add me as well please.

emh, I can receive your private messages but I can't send you any. It says your have PMs disabled. I tried sending you the link by email but I don't think you got it.

emh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thebutcher said:
emh said:
TinyBreadMouse said:
thebutcher said:
I will make it available for previews later today, if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Sign me up!
Add me as well please.

emh, I can receive your private messages but I can't send you any. It says your have PMs disabled. I tried sending you the link by email but I don't think you got it.
thebutcher, I did have my PMs disabled. Sorry about that. Any chance you could resend the link?

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this a completed version?  I'd love to give it a look :)

Adamian

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched an edit of this film incorporating about 40 minutes of the original as b&w flashbacks. I'd love to see your edit!

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adamian said:
I just watched an edit of this film incorporating about 40 minutes of the original as b&w flashbacks. I'd love to see your edit!

Thank you for the interest. Unfortunately, I will not be sharing this incomplete version with any more members at this time. Of the 6 people I sent the workprint to, only one has actually given me any feedback so far.

For that reason, I prefer to wait for more feedback, or refrain from sharing an incomplete version of the edit.

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No I'm NOT dead, and this edit isn't either! I picked up work on HALLOWEEN RETURNS last month and will finish it around late August-early September. In the meantime, here's an example of a rejected idea because of a really dumb reason.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this done yet? I just put out my edit of the 78 movie, but a good edit like this for 2018 would be awesome! Really want to see this!

Top Bottom