• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

HALLOWEEN H20 - A FanEdit (2018 Revised Version)

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SXoirOm.jpg

This is an updated and revised version of my 2011 edit of HALLOWEEN H20. Its stylistic intentions are the same as the previous one, but the technical presentation and editing were redone from scratch in 1080p high-definition from the 2014 Blu-ray release. It was finished this week but many people didn't have access, so I re-encoded it and hosted it somewhere else.

THROUGHOUT THE FILM
- Original John Ottman compositions reinstated, replacing the recycled score by Marco Beltrami. A few short cues from the original John Carpenter score also added
- Additional scenes and extended footage from the TV version incorporated
- Different color timing (night scenes colder and darker, day scenes more overcast)
- The Shape’s eyes darkened, breathing heard in POV shots, and the rejected mask reduced by cutting around it

CHANGES in chronological order
- Dimension Films credit turns orange
- ADDED FOOTAGE: Marion’s house, ransacked office, Jimmy leaves office
- ADDED FOOTAGE: Marion sees the Strode folder, Marion looks for Jimmy, Marion tries to escape, The Shape enters, The Shape stalks Marion
- Replaced Loomis voiceover by Tom Kane with original Donald Pleasence performance
- Removed white flash after opening credits
- Removed Mom’s ADR line “When I was a little girl we used to pee in the woods.”
- ADDED FOOTAGE: The Shape watches mom and girl at rest stop
- Trimmed Mom’s reaction at rest stop
- Trimmed dialogue between Ronnie and his wife, and the line “Comb your hair!”
- ADDED FOOTAGE: Charlie and John talk about girls in town
- Added scene from Halloween: Resurrection
- Replaced “Mr. Sandman” on car radio with “Don’t Fear The Reaper” by Blue Oyster Cult
- Removed Ronnie’s line “Psycho!”
- Added scenes from Halloween: Resurrection and Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Replaced “Scream 2” on TV with “John Carpenter’s The Thing”
- Removed Sarah and Will’s dialogue “date-rape evening/nipples pierced”
- ADDED FOOTAGE: Will carves a pumpkin and opens up to Laurie
- Removed Will’s line “Well, that’s…sucky!”
- ADDED FOOTAGE: The Shape stalks Charlie in kitchen
- Removed shot of CGI mask and Charlie’s “Hi” to The Shape 
- Fixed continuity error of Charlie’s head in dumbwaiter
- Trimmed The Shape looking up after dumbwaiter falls
- Removed white frame when John and Molly discover Sarah
- ADDED FOOTAGE: The Shape gives chase, walks up the stairs
- Trimmed John punching The Shape, The Shape shoving John
- Removed frames where it is obvious that Ronnie is shot
- Added locations montage reminiscent of the original movie’s ending
- ADDED FOOTAGE: Laurie stalks The Shape in the school
- Removed The Shape getting hit in the groin
- Removed The Shape trying to shake his knife loose off the drawer
- Fixed continuity error of Laurie pulling the knife out of The Shape’s body
- Removed Ronnie surviving and added Laurie delivering one final stab
- Removed comical shot of The Shape getting hit by the coroner’s van
- Removed The Shape frantically grabbing his head
- Moved dedication to Donald Pleasence to the start of credits and spelled correctly
- “Halloween” theme runs longer, “What’s This Life For” by Creed replaced by “Don’t Fear The Reaper” and children’s rhyme from “Halloween”

COLOR TIMING COMPARISONS:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/123082
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/123083
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/123084
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/123085
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/123086

PM me for details on where to find it, and give me your feedback! Happy (belated) Halloween!

Crow550

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still interested in joining in our Podcast on this edit? Please PM me. Thanks!

Zarquon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched this; my first time watching H20. Normally I would watch the original cut of a film before seeing a fanedit, but reinstating the original score really appealed to me over watching a version with a tracked score. The score work is really well done, and the other changes are smart and seamless integrated (outside of the TV footage which can't be helped). Great work, thanks for a fine presentation of this film!

Edit: the 18 gb version has some issues seeking with various media players and cuts off in the end credits during the Blue Öyster Cult song. Remuxing it, I can get it to seek correctly, but the file seems to be looped off at the end.

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarquon said:
I just watched this; my first time watching H20. Normally I would watch the original cut of a film before seeing a fanedit, but reinstating the original score really appealed to me over watching a version with a tracked score. The score work is really well done, and the other changes are smart and seamless integrated (outside of the TV footage which can't be helped). Great work, thanks for a fine presentation of this film!

Edit: the 18 gb version has some issues seeking with various media players and cuts off in the end credits during the Blue Öyster Cult song. Remuxing it, I can get it to seek correctly, but the file seems to be looped off at the end.

Thank you for this review, I'm glad you enjoyed it! If anyone wants to see it, it's available someplace else than last year so PM me for details.

crowe-t

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The teaser really has me wanting to see this. I always felt H20 needed to be darker in the night scenes and have more of the Halloween theme playing.

Crow550

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awww. That's very cool to hear. I had a great time interviewing him.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great interview... really enjoyed listening to this. Wish more fanedits and faneditors would get attention like this.

Crow550

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Our Cast does review fan edits though we haven't done one in awhile. Do have some more in the works though.

You may also like our review of Blair Witch 2 with the editor as well.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should consider interviewing each of the faneditor of the month recipients.

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got a chance to watch this last night. Overall enjoyment. I had not seen the original in a while, but certainly remember it. This edit had some notable music changes and additions. I thought the overall flow and narrative was good. I didn’t feel it was that different from the original. The added scenes did add some flow and story, but the video quality difference was distracting and hard to focus away from. Overall enjoyable watch of the movie.

Top Bottom