• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halloween 5: The Haddonfield Harvest

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Halloween 5, is it good? No.

This edit adds back the original opening to the film, showing Michael being hexed back to health by a Voodoo priest called Dr. Death, connecting this more so to the Thorn plot in H6.

As well as a few new shots of gore later on, cut out but shown on the newest Blu-Ray, have been painstakingly edited back into the film.

Fixes that bad editing within those scenes, finally.

I may make this a full on fanfix as well, but I think LastSurvivor's Shape of Rage pretty much covers it, and I wouldn't know what new to do here.

Theatrical - 1:36:57
(original) Bobson - 1:38:56

EDIT: I ended up cutting some stuff, so here's a new cutlist

- new opening credits, without the slashing pumpkins. All text has been centred with a new track mixed from the H2 and H5 OST
- new alternate opening scene, with Michael now being taken in by an occult hermin and revived with black magic (connecting it back to the whole Thorn thing in H6)
- trimmed a line from Rachel after her and Loomis leave the Children's Clinic
- removed the terrible goofy music from the scene with the cops
- trimmed the end of that scene too so that they don't finish each other's sentences
- cut most of Tina searching around Rachel's house
- cut scene between Tina and Sam and Mikey's arrival
- cut Jamie being chased by a fake-out Shape scare
- cut Loomis terrorising her after for what she knows
- trimmed Loomis in the Myers basement messing around with the laundry chute
- cut the end of the scene with the teens outside the Quick Food Mart after Mikey says "touch the car again and you're dead
- restored 2 shots of Mikey being killed with the garden fork (cut by the MPAA)
- trimmed the Man in Black watching Tina
- trim one moment with Tina in the car with her "Mikey" as her lips don't sync
- cut the cops messing about in the car
- cut Spitz and Tina's Michael Myers fakeout outside the barn and inside
- restored 1 extended shot of Spitz being impaled by the pitchfork (also another MPAA cut)
- cut Michael exiting the barn to kill the cops
- trim the cop moaning the death over the phone
- trim some shots of Jami talking to herself in the chute
- restored a shot of Jamie being stabbed in the ankle (as she is limping and bleeding later in the theatrical cut with no explanation)
- darked shots with Michael's face revealed
- cut shot of him crying

Theatrical - 1:36:57
Harvest - 1:25:23

Last edited:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That restoration work is extremely impressive.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very nicely done... excited to see this edit, especially with the reinserted Doctor Death scene!

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BD, my man! I was thinking of doing this myself as I like the Thorn Trilogy, but I know you're gonna do a better and kick-ass job doing this.

I always look forward to an edit of yours.

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks good! These jump cuts were always so annoying. A few small improvements could be made to Mikey's death blow:

- the background jumps around Michael's arm for a frame or two when he brings the weapon down
- I see you stabilized the footage and rotoscoped Mikey into a stable background. You could take your final shot and motion track it to the unrestored shot so the slight camera movement is kept, which would help it integreate with the surrounding footage better
- add some moving grain on the background

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks good! These jump cuts were always so annoying. A few small improvements could be made to Mikey's death blow:

- the background jumps around Michael's arm for a frame or two when he brings the weapon down
- I see you stabilized the footage and rotoscoped Mikey into a stable background. You could take your final shot and motion track it to the unrestored shot so the slight camera movement is kept, which would help it integreate with the surrounding footage better
- add some moving grain on the background

That's a bingo! That's exactly how I did it! I ended up tracking it to the original shot, and then added some grain. It looks a lot better!

And here is another restored shot I was able to put back in, with the pitchfork.

Thanks to everyone showing enthuiasm for this, even though Halloween 5 isn't great, there's some good in there (not the mask)

I've also gone in and cut out a bunch of stuff too, the two comedy cops, some of the dull first act stuff with Tina and the Michael Myers fake-out at the farm. It's running a lean 85 right about now.

Does anyone have subtitle suggestions? Since the main titlecard doesn't have one, it wouldn't be too hard to insert one. The Shape's Revenge? The House of Michael Myers? Halloween 5: Family Ties? I haven't got any great ideas.

Last edited:

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's the poster I'll use, obviously with the subtitle replaced later on.

bfy3C44.png

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Given the farm aspect, maybe "The Haddonfield harvest" or "Harvest season" as subtitles?

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy Hell, the reintegration is so clean. That's... far and away more than I could ever dream of doing.
I'm really looking forward to this, though I'd like to see a hybrid cut of this and Shape of Rage, so we can have the restored gore and the better pacing.

Dustin6595

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to this. I always kind of preferred this to 4 since I can’t stand the mask in that. It’s so ugly and goofy looking that it totally takes me out of that film. Also I kinda prefer Jamie mute as I never really found her that compelling of a character. There’s some good sequences in 5 honestly. It doesn’t feel like it’s trying as hard to be a straight up retread of the original so I kinda dig it as just a dumb fun slasher film. Same way I felt about the recent one.

Agent Sam Stanley

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to this. I always kind of preferred this to 4 since I can’t stand the mask in that. It’s so ugly and goofy looking that it totally takes me out of that film. Also I kinda prefer Jamie mute as I never really found her that compelling of a character. There’s some good sequences in 5 honestly. It doesn’t feel like it’s trying as hard to be a straight up retread of the original so I kinda dig it as just a dumb fun slasher film. Same way I felt about the recent one.

I hear ya. Halloween 4 is universally loved and considered the ultimate sequel. I find it better than 5 but only by a margin. They're pretty much in the same league to me. I don't like Jamie, she's too annoying with her constant crying and drama and the whole 'Michael has to kill his niece now' is even worse than the sister angle so many people hated in part II. And yeah, the mask is dreadful, even worse than the one used in part 5. I like the ending tho, it was bold.

Amok

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got an idea for the mask. I wonder what would happen if one tried to deepfake it with either the original or the 2018 mask.
This looks like a fun watch, I'm keen on seeing it.

bsucka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you very much. The restoration of the gore footage is great.

Top Bottom