• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halloween (2007): The Shape Reborn

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
N1hOBo6.jpg

Good gravy Marie! Could it be? Aztek back from the dead? Well, no. Because I didn't die.

Anywho! I've not been idle. In fact, I've been putting the finishing touches on a fanedit of Rob Zombie's 2007 Halloween remake.

Full cut list:

**Director's Cut**
- Corrected slight aspect ratio issue with Dimension Films logo.
- Added fade to beginning of Dimension Films logo.
- Cut quote from Dr Loomis and title.
- Added new "Haddonfield..." title card.
- Cut roughly the first 11 minutes of the film (breakfast, the altercation in the school bathroom, etc).
- Cut Ronnie referencing Michael having killed animals. He now says "He clown...that is some faggoty-ass shit."
- Cut "Love Hurts" montage of Michael sitting outside and Deborah stripping.
- Cut Judith and her boyfriend in the bedroom.
- Cut extra shot of Judith's boyfriend after Michael kills him.
- Cut Michael stroking Judith's leg before he kills her. That's your sister, bruh.
- Cut Michael putting down his knife/removing his mask and saying "Happy Halloween Boo" to his baby sister.
- Cut Deborah leaving work.
- New opening credits sequence after Michael is shown in the police car.
- Cut immediately to "Smith's Grove - 17 years later" after credits.
** Theatrical Cut scenes used**
- Used the theatrical version of Michael's escape, IE no more rape of the inmate.
- Removed the scene just before this of the guards hanging out before they move Michael.
**Return to Director's Cut**
- Inserted shortened version of Loomis's first interview with Micahel.
- New title title card added: "Sixteen years earlier."
- Shortened Loomis's talk at the school.
- Cut the majority of Ismael's death.
- Trimmed the call from Smith's Grove after Michael escapes.
- Inserted next segment from Smith's Grove flashback after Loomis hangs up. Cut Ismael from this sequence.
- Cut Grizzly Joe telling Michael they have a "failure to communicate."
- Cut Laurie fingering the bagel at breakfast.
- Cut the first part of Loomis at Smith's Grove after the breakout. Scene now begins with him and the doctors outside.
- Cut Lynda telling Laurie about her being suspended from the cheerleading team.
- Cut reference to that in the following scene right before they see Michael watching them on the sidewalk.
- Cut reference to previously removed bagel incident while Laurie and Mrs Strode are fixing the skeleton.
- Cut shot of Michael approaching the Strode house. Let's not be hasty, now.
- Inserted third flashback after cemetery scene with some trims.
- Trimmed the sex scene with Lynda and her boyfriend.
- Cut scene of Loomis buying the gun.
- Cut Michael killing the Strodes.
- Cut Annie talking to Laurie about Ben "not featured in this movie" Tramer.
- Inserted the fourth (and final) flashback in Smith's Grove right after Annie leaves with Paul.
- Cut nurse making fun of Michael.
- Inserted Loomis's final assesment of Michael ("shape of a human") right after Deborah kills herself.
- Cut Brackett asking what Loomis thinks Michael will do when he finds his baby sister.
- Cut the second part of Annie's encounter with Michael (after she tries running out of the house).
- Cut close-up of Michael squeezing Loomis's eyes.
- Added Aztek Fanedit Classics credit.

The MKV version is ready and uploaded, and the BD-25 version will follow shortly.

Cheers mates! :D

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The BD-25 version has been completed and uploaded! PM me if there's any questions or issues. :)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wanted to make this the Halloween night double feature but had a couple issues. I couldn't get the BD iso to extract so I went with the mkv. However, I think there's a framerate issue. I downloaded a couple times and I'm seeing stuttering throughout the first few minutes. Has anybody else seen this, also?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
I wanted to make this the Halloween night double feature but had a couple issues. I couldn't get the BD iso to extract so I went with the mkv. However, I think there's a framerate issue. I downloaded a couple times and I'm seeing stuttering throughout the first few minutes. Has anybody else seen this, also?

I thought I had a few framerate issues with Earth and Water (and Elysium as well, but no one has really watched it yet I think) that either A) I was imagining because no matter what I did it came out the same and B) no one mentioned anything, lending a bit more credence to option A. Hopefully.

As for the ISO, that's strange. I never had any issues extracting it. Did you try going to the location on your hard drive (where ever the archives are "physically" saved) and try extracting them that way?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
I thought I had a few framerate issues with Earth and Water (and Elysium as well, but no one has really watched it yet I think) that either A) I was imagining because no matter what I did it came out the same and B) no one mentioned anything, lending a bit more credence to option A. Hopefully.

As for the ISO, that's strange. I never had any issues extracting it. Did you try going to the location on your hard drive (where ever the archives are "physically" saved) and try extracting them that way?

I put the mkv on a BD Saturday and saw the jittering. I downloaded again today on my computer and tried. For the BD iso, I tried extracting with 7zip and winrar after jdownloader 2 failed to extract. FWIW I watched and really liked your 300 edit and don't remember anything being off. Thanks for your patience.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm...are all of your codecs and such up to date on your computer? That could be the root of the MKV playback issue, but that should have no bearing on a burn. I'm just as stumped as you are. I wish there was more I could do.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
Hmm...are all of your codecs and such up to date on your computer?

Yeah, and I dropped the file on a disc and played it in my blu-ray player initially so I don't think that could be it. Do you see what I mean when you watch it?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I noticed a bit during the scene with Michael at the kitchen table before he goes all slashy stabby, mostly during a few moments of fast camera movement. I'll burn both versions to disc this weekend (once I have some more discs :p ) and I'll report back the results.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a new MKV that's been uploaded that fixes the stuttering issue that [MENTION=20849]thecuddlyninja[/MENTION] was having. No changes to the edit have been made, so if you have the original MKV and aren't noticing any issues, there's no need to download again.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked this edit. I couldn't stand the original version. I love how mean and intense it is. The only negative that I have is that the finale goes on far too long, but you did the best with what you had. It is much more watchable and less cringey as well. It retains the amount of nastiness that it needs to be effective remake.

Top Bottom