• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halloween (1978) The 2018 Prequel edit

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love what the original movie did for horror movies, but to watch it now (as much as I hate to say it) I'm kinda board... I have a lot of respect for this movie, but I felt that the 2018 packs more punch (and stabs). So the intention here is to get more tension built up in this and add a few more deaths to try and make the 2 movies feel more in line with one another. I actually did this edit the weekend after I finished Star Wars -Redux., so it's finished

So aside from some trimming to move things at a faster pace, I replace how Michael come back to Haddonfield buy using Halloween 4's escape. To explain the bandages on his face and and why he wanted the mask from the store I used the film footage from the Zombie version that has Loomis talking about Michael needing a mask and hiding behind them. This also fits with the 2018 movie as to why he refuses to show his face without a mask there as well. The last thing I did was add the street scene from Halloween 2 as the start of the killing spree in this so we can get moving sooner (with what I personally came to see when I watch these movies). I removed any references to people talking about what happened in Halloween 1 so it all flows.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is the poster. I found this online and really like how simple it was. So not anything original I made.

HAWsBB0.jpg

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is an example of a Halloween 2 shot that had the TV talking about the murders. But now they haven't happened yet, so I removed it an replaced it with the audio from Night of the Living Dead.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys, let me know what you want me to post in here if you are wondering about this edit. I can do a full cut list if you like...

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys, let me know what you want me to post in here if you are wondering about this edit. I can do a full cut list if you like...
A full cutlist would be rad! Or at least listing the major changes.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unapproved editors are limited to 2 in-the-works threads at a time and this is your third. Can you select one to be archived please?

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was totally my fault. I apologize for that. I see that one was already moved.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A full cutlist would be rad! Or at least listing the major changes.
- After Michael kills his sister, I cut the to the Rob Zombie scene with that young Michael sitting in the police car. We then go right into the grainy footage where Loomis is talking about how Michael needs masks. (Inspired by Ryantology Rob Zombie's Halloween (The 1978 Edit))
- I Replaced the footage of Loomis and the nurse driving to the hospital and Michael stealing their car with the hospital transfer scene from Halloween 4.
- After Michael drives off with the ambulance I cut to the mechanic shop from Halloween 4 so we can assume that is where he got the car used in the rest of the movie.
- Cut the kids from school teasing Tommy about the boogeyman. We get all of this later in the film when Laurie is babysitting.
- Shortened the walk home with Laurie and her friends. I felt this dragged on too long.
- Shortened the drive with Laurie and Annie and Michael following them. Again I feel it goes on too long and nothing is really happening here.
- After Loomis and the sheriff are at Michaels house and find the mutilated animals, I cut to the street scene of Halloween 2 where Michael picks up the knife and goes next door and kills the girl talking on the phone. I added dialog from Night of the Living Dead to remove the TV talking about the killings and I added The Monster Mash when the girl talking on the phone turns on the radio. I also removed the voice of the person talking on the other end of the phone call.
- Cut Annie going to the car and forgetting the keys, going back inside to get them and then walks back out to the car again. Now it's just one trip to the car.
- Trimmed Linda and her boyfriend wondering where Annie is. Now they just want to go upstairs.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- After Michael kills his sister, I cut the to the Rob Zombie scene with that young Michael sitting in the police car. We then go right into the grainy footage where Loomis is talking about how Michael needs masks. (Inspired by Ryantology Rob Zombie's Halloween (The 1978 Edit))
- I Replaced the footage of Loomis and the nurse driving to the hospital and Michael stealing their car with the hospital transfer scene from Halloween 4.
- After Michael drives off with the ambulance I cut to the mechanic shop from Halloween 4 so we can assume that is where he got the car used in the rest of the movie.
- Cut the kids from school teasing Tommy about the boogeyman. We get all of this later in the film when Laurie is babysitting.
- Shortened the walk home with Laurie and her friends. I felt this dragged on too long.
- Shortened the drive with Laurie and Annie and Michael following them. Again I feel it goes on too long and nothing is really happening here.
- After Loomis and the sheriff are at Michaels house and find the mutilated animals, I cut to the street scene of Halloween 2 where Michael picks up the knife and goes next door and kills the girl talking on the phone. I added dialog from Night of the Living Dead to remove the TV talking about the killings and I added The Monster Mash when the girl talking on the phone turns on the radio. I also removed the voice of the person talking on the other end of the phone call.
- Cut Annie going to the car and forgetting the keys, going back inside to get them and then walks back out to the car again. Now it's just one trip to the car.
- Trimmed Linda and her boyfriend wondering where Annie is. Now they just want to go upstairs.
Sounds like a really cool and unique cut list! I absolutely hate to admit it, but I do kind of get a tiny bit bored watching the original Halloween these days šŸ˜…
I hate Halloween 2, but it's pretty cool to see scenes from it repurposed for this, and of course as a Halloween 4 and Rob Zombie Halloween fan, it's awesome to see aspects of those includes as well. It'd be really cool to see more edits that remix elements from these movies!
I'm definitely going to have to check this one out when I get the chance.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got my first bit of feedback on this one:

Jimmy ChipsTime7-Sep-2021 12:44 PMPost link
I really liked the idea of this edit! Especially the use of Halloween II footage to up the body count. My biggest hang-up is the kill of the mechanic. It just sort of happens after Michaelā€™s escape, leaving no room for suspense and it fades out mid-impact. Maybe arranging after a Loomis scene would help? Thank you for letting me view this edit!

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've gotten some PM's on this one. Feedback is always appreciated.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This all sounds very novel. I can't say I agree with all the changes made, but for the most part (based off of the cutlist) this edit looks to have a strong identity of its own, which is the main thing I enjoy from fanedits. I especially like the idea of adding Alice's death into the film.

I'd be willing to check this out and offer feedback.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got a new bit of feedback from the OT site!

Atom-88Time27-Sep-2021 5:21 PMPost link
Hi Lantern51, Just finished watching your edit and really enjoyed. I liked the added scenes from Halloween II, I thought it made Michael a bit more menacing like we see in the new Halloween. Will admit after seeing this it has me more pumped for Halloween Kills which is out soonšŸ˜.
Anyone here who is a Halloween fan or even someone looking for something good to watch on Halloween should give this edit a watch.

Thank you once again Lantern51 for sharing this with me.

Top Bottom