• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

GUNNEY HIGHWAY - A Clint Eastwood Polishing

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New submission from moi this week from my archive.

Gunney Highway was made at the same time as Fallen Hero (my Gran Torino Heartbreak Ridge mashup).

While making Fallen Hero, it was clear to me how badly the 80s humor had dated in Heartbreak Ridge. Further, I found the character of Spike/Mario Van Peebles, to be intensely annoying.

Gunney Highway removes over 20 mins of dated humor and corrects a number of continuity error in the sequencing of the cadets' training. This edit also tightens up some of the action for better impact, together with some minor scoring adjustments to deliver a classic Clint movie with the grit one expects, while retaining sufficient credible homor witout the 80s cringe factor.

There will be further WRAITH VAULT submissions in the coming weeks since my live editing and Godfather revisions are delayed due to real world issues in abundance plaguing my creative juices and available down time.

I trust this will please those who find this Clint entry to now be "improved" as I intended and not as I found the original to be; Stuck in Time!

Last edited:

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved this film back in the day. It was certainly one i watched a lot in the 80's & 90's. However this old brain of mine can't remember the humour too much. I'll get my copy off the back of my shelf and will give it a re-watch before i snag a copy of yours. A cold comparison to your version isn't gonna work...getting old eh :)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
here will be further WRAITH VAULT submissions in the coming weeks since my live editing and Godfather revisions are delayed due to real world issues in abundance plaguing my creative juices and available down time.
i feel you brother...my edits have been on pause for months. I have a new all singing and dancing rig stuck in a box aswell for two months...no time to play with it yet.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i feel you brother...my edits have been on pause for months. I have a new all singing and dancing rig stuck in a box aswell for two months...no time to play with it yet.
My new 4K/BluRay/Hard Drive Recorder with twin tuners has been in a box since January!!!!

I feel your pain!

As a fellow "Oldie", I think this movie is now how I recall it...(or at least post mentally filtering out the poop).....

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My new 4K/BluRay/Hard Drive Recorder with twin tuners has been in a box since January!!!!
That's what i like to hear...Wraith edits in 4k. That's why i upgraded my PC . I want to get stuck into 4K editing and upscaling but this PC - all though top notch 8 years ago isn't gonna hold up anymore. I'm gradually turning this PC into a Plex server and just stuck a 16TB hard drive into it. I will continue to watch Blurays on my projector but for SD content and music - concerts etc and of course fanedits i'm gonna use the plex.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There won’t be any 4K edits from me…just not too keen on the look for most movies.

Top Bottom