- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
What usenet group did you upload to?
LastSurvivor said:That would be newsdemon.
LastSurvivor said:Well, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as I just can not get this to work at all. I have to be honest and state that my fanediting endeavor has been damaged somewhat since my mediafire account was suspended and now I just can't get to grips with this Usenet thing..... I shall try and persevere though.
theslime said:In my ongoing series of shameless plugs for free and open source usenet software, the time has come for mentioning that Sabnzbd now has a built-in completion checker (must be toggled in settings) that checks availability before it starts. In other words, no need for extra tools just for this task anymore.
Note: this way, a lot of downloads will fail upon check because Sab needs a post to be 100.5 percent complete before it starts. In my experience, though, it will only really need 100 percent, and if you have extra PAR2 files, not even that. If it fails with, say, the message "only 100.1 available", I would just force a retry. It almost always works.
LastSurvivor said:Hoping someone might be able to help here.... I've uploaded my Jaws 3 Monster edit to USENET following the guide on this forum, and then I've tried to follow these downloading instructions but unfortunately I keep getting the following error...
"Download failed out of your servers retention"
When I put my mouse pointer over the failed file, it states 10171 articles are missing. The thing is, when I check Newsrover it appears that my files have been uploaded successfully. So I'm a bit stuck as to why I'm having this problem. Could it be because as I uploaded them about 10 hours ago, that they're not yet ready for download?
Any help would be appreciated.
orctin said:Getting this message when trying to grab off usenet.
Have servers setup (signed up with the free account) and tested connection and all seems good - it acts like it's working and downloading fine then gives that message as an error
ssj said:damn. i knew something would go wrong. one of my usenet girlfriends has herpes. :-(
so i DLed half the RARs i need with usenetstorm's freebie trial. but i can't DL the rest b/c i don't have a premium acct. well and good; i'm just trying to learn my way around usenet.
so i get sabnzdb up and running for the remainder of the files and go to sleep. it's going to take a while, since my connection is pokey. i wake up to. . . all those sabnzdb-DLed RARs nonexistent. i guess there are some "clean up" functions that got all dutiful on me, and not having been able to join all the RARs (because only half the necessary RARs were in the DL folder), sabnzdb went ahead and deleted them. what a waste of time & bandwidth.
now i know better. messed with the configurations, and now the program should let me manually handle the unzipping, unRARing, and deleting. . . i hope.