• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Grindhouse Vol. 2: Death Proof/Machete by leeroy

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit Film Name
Grindhouse Vol2: Death Proof / Machete
Brief Synopsis
Two separate sets of voluptuous women are stalked at different times by a scarred stuntman who uses his "death proof" cars to execute his murderous plans.

After being set-up and betrayed by the man who hired him to assassinate a Texas Senator, an ex-Federale launches a brutal rampage of revenge against his former boss.

Second part of the grindhouse universe series that connects Robert Rodriguez / Quentin Tarantino movies into a double feature.

Faneditor Name
leeroy
Tagline
-
Original Film Name
Death Proof / Machete
Studio Name
Troublemaker Studio
Genre
Action
Franchise
-
Fanedit Type
True FanEdit
Original Running Time
121mins / 105mins
Original Release Date
21/9/07 / 26/11/10
Fanedit Running Time
170mins
Fanedit Release Date
24/4/12
Amount of time cut.
35mis/ 20mins
Intention
After coming across an interview were tarantino talked about his movie movie universe in which he explained that Kill Bill would be the kind of film that his characters from other films would watch. With this in mind I wanted to create a grindhouse universe in which characters and actors would regularly appear and the trailers showcase the universe in which they all inhabit.
Edit Details
Death Proof has been reworked so the second part now starts the movie and the first part finishes the movie. Stuntman Mike's character is now more sadistic and no longer changes character to the crying scared one we see in Death Proof.

With the idea of creating a grindhouse universe I've added The Bride from Kill Bill into the Death Proof movie. For those of you who don't know the character of Jasper in Death Proof who is selling the car is the same character from Kill Bill vol 1 who tries to rape The Bride.

As with most Robert Rodriguez film I feel his film are 15 -20mins too long, so the aim was to cut back certain scenes and make the edit more of a grindhouse length. The problem I had with Machete was that it reminded you that it was film about immigration every 5mins, my aim was to cut back a few scene's that dealt with this issue. Tom Savini death scene from the deleted scenes is also included

Cut-List
KEY CUTS:

Death Proof
opening titles removed
cafe scene with the women talking and stunt man mike listening in
girls talking at the back of the car scene on the way to jasper's
removed stuntman mike sneezing thus making him slightly more mysterious and less human

Machete
woman taking phone out of her f@#%y
Robert De Niro scene at the boarder gates
machete sleeping with Luz
April's rescue scene by her father
Machete killing Michael Booth in the limo
Seagal's death scene speech removed
Robert De Niro's character presumed dead?
film ends when machete raises his machete

Special Notes/Thanks
Rogue-theX for watching the workprint and contributing ideas towards the edit.
Technical Info
-
Release information
  • Dual Layer DVD
  • AVI

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats on finishing, Lee. Very nice work in this edit! :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy is listed as a firstling in the OP.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
leeroy is listed as a firstling in the OP.

Probably because his name isn't one available in the drop-down box on the Submissions page under the Faneditor Name listing. From the looks of the first post it looks like Elbarto just copied and pasted the info from Leeroy's submission form.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
From the looks of the first post it looks like Elbarto just copied and pasted the info from Leeroy's submission form.

No wonder he calls himself a lazy good-for-nothin'! Any good admin would type everything out MANUALLY!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic job!

Deathproof: This is great! Leeroy takes one of my favorite movies and gives it a unique alternate structure with plenty of surprises. I love what Lee does with Stuntman Mike, not going to spoil it, but its subtle and gives the viewer just enough that they can draw there own conclusions. Slick.

Machete: I like the original version but it goes on too long, there's too much modern computer stuff and just too much stuff for one movie, especially (IMO) for the kind of movie it was trying to emulate. This version is way better, its much more strait forward and easy to follow without all the tangents, makes more sense, and is basically the Machete i had hoped to see when i saw the first trailer Rodriguez made.

The presentation is a lot of fun, some cool trailers and ads to go with it.

11 out of 10

Side notes: If you like the cinematic experience, or retro movies, or just some good old fun, then check this out. HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

Top Bottom