• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Google Drive could soon start locking your files

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
“This will help ensure owners of Google Drive items are fully informed about the status of their content, while also helping to ensure users are protected from abusive content,” the company explained.

Protecting users from abusive content. 👍

EDIT: zipping with encryption would work. File names alone probably would not be flagged. But the file name can be changed and encrypted as well If needed.

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
“This will help ensure owners of Google Drive items are fully informed about the status of their content, while also helping to ensure users are protected from abusive content,” the company explained.

Protecting users from abusive content. 👍
That's awfully vague. Anyone have issues with Mega?
(Edit) - by vague I'm referring to Google's statement, not your comment. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's awfully vague. Anyone have issues with Mega?
MEGA doesn't really bother much with copyright strikes, only if the file get a ton of traffic. Main disadvantage of MEGA is the 5GB limit they have on file downloads, which requires a VPN to get around, plus you get a bandwidth error on files which have been downloaded too many times.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've absolutely had trouble with Mega. I tried uploading a Reservoir Dogs edit I put together, and immediately after uploading it got taken down. I believe it happened when I tried uploading something else too.

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
MEGA doesn't really bother much with copyright strikes, only if the file get a ton of traffic. Main disadvantage of MEGA is the 5GB limit they have on file downloads, which requires a VPN to get around, plus you get a bandwidth error on files which have been downloaded too many times.
I've not had download problems with mega, maybe because I use a vpn? I think I encountered the bandwidth issue using jdown. I had to change locations on VPN.

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've not had download problems with mega, maybe because I use a vpn? I think I encountered the bandwidth issue using jdown. I had to change locations on VPN.
i use a VPN too, usually does the trick, but sometimes even with a VPN I get a bandwidth error in jd2, I imagine cos the file is in high demand or has been DLd too many times. Only solution I've found is to import the original MEGA file to my account - which if you got the link via info there is no original MEGA link. Not sure how to get around that issue without paying for a mega acc

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i use a VPN too, usually does the trick, but sometimes even with a VPN I get a bandwidth error in jd2, I imagine cos the file is in high demand or has been DLd too many times. Only solution I've found is to import the original MEGA file to my account - which if you got the link via info there is no original MEGA link. Not sure how to get around that issue without paying for a mega acc
Did you try adding your mega account info into jd? If not check with @DigModiFicaTion regarding zippyshare.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zippyshare is blocked from use in the UK and I can't access it without a VPN, which I'm hesitant about paying for.

Stromboli Bones

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I used MediaFire for a while before I swapped to Mega. Didn't have any complaints during my time

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also can't access zippyshare. Mega i've never had issues with, but it used to give 50GB with accounts and now it's only 20GB - which equals about two edits worth at a push for me. Sad face.

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zippyshare is blocked from use in the UK and I can't access it without a VPN, which I'm hesitant about paying for.
When dealing with fan edits I thought having a vpns was a given.

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also can't access zippyshare. Mega i've never had issues with, but it used to give 50GB with accounts and now it's only 20GB - which equals about two edits worth at a push for me. Sad face.
With free accounts, or...? I get 400GB, and can transfer up to 1TB per month for 4.99 euros

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ yes, with free accounts. I don't have money to throw around at the moment and I've never needed more space than was available on a free account. Though I will likely invest in something somewhere down the line. This is the first time I've struggled for space, as I don't churn out edits.

Top Bottom