• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Google Drive could soon start locking your files

I also can't access zippyshare. Mega i've never had issues with, but it used to give 50GB with accounts and now it's only 20GB - which equals about two edits worth at a push for me. Sad face.
I use temp-mail to make new accs. Basically unlimited mega storage.

There are a few things I do to avoid drawing attention to my edit uploads which seem to have worked for me with Mega so far:

1) Use a compression format that supports encryption like 7z (best) or zip (adequate). You can use strong encryption like AES256 for this which prevents the archive file from being inspected by the host service. I prefer 7z as a format because it allows you to also block visibility of the archive file contents, which means it also bypasses file name scans.
2) Use spanned archive files to make downloads easier to resume and less of a problem if they fail. 7-zip can do this trivially and other tools like WinRAR should be able to as well.
3) if you need more space and have e.g. a gmail account for your hosting/editing stuff, you can add periods at any place in the address without issue. So eg [email protected] [email protected], [email protected] are all the same account as far as Google is concerned - so you can use all those variations to register additional Mega accounts.

I know lots of folk (mostly elsewhere e.g. the fanedit areas on reddit) seem to want edits to be made available for streaming with no effort (which requires not having any encryption or file compression in place, generally speaking), but IMO that is a stupid and uninformed expectation so I ignore it.

Anyone tried Freestreams.com?

I found nothing of info online. When I checked out the site itself, in short, besides stating that the site is "under construction - coming soon", it looks like several links to various means of live streaming. Those lead to pages with several links flagged as ads.
I'm suspicious of its legitimacy of the site.

I think there should be a dash between free and streams.

I think there should be a dash between free and streams.
The dash is it. This is the description from the About page,
"FREE Streams, a federated (ActivityPub) video streaming platform using P2P (BitTorrent) directly in the web browser with WebTorrent and Angular."

If you're still looking, try https://1fichier.com/.
Decent download speed, no capacity limits and supports file sizes up to 300GB, so even LotR and Hobbit edits should be covered ;)
any way of getting around the 30 day limit (if there's no downloads)? e.g. if you split it into RAR files and download just one part, will that keep the overall folder up?

any way of getting around the 30 day limit (if there's no downloads)? e.g. if you split it into RAR files and download just one part, will that keep the overall folder up?

No idea, but I'd guess the limit applies to the files, not the folder.

I still think this is loosely enforced, and a file most likely needs to be reported and a manual review initiated for Google Drive to take action, that is of course assuming that the auto-detection dosen't already rat you out.

Last edited:
I use a Google Drive for all of my edits, but because it's Google... I have never used the actual names of the movies as the file name. I had already assumed that with a service like them it could be a problem. I never liked MEGA personally and others I have looked at seems to give odd limitations (ie no downloads for 30 days).

Right now, I will keep using Google the way I have been and if anything happens, I will make sure to let you guys know! 200GB for only $3 is too good to not keep trying LOL. If another solution comes up, I'm sure someone will let us know and I can always reevaluate then.

I use a Google Drive for all of my edits, but because it's Google... I have never used the actual names of the movies as the file name. I had already assumed that with a service like them it could be a problem. I never liked MEGA personally and others I have looked at seems to give odd limitations (ie no downloads for 30 days).

Right now, I will keep using Google the way I have been and if anything happens, I will make sure to let you guys know! 200GB for only $3 is too good to not keep trying LOL. If another solution comes up, I'm sure someone will let us know and I can always reevaluate then.
I have never had a problem with mega. If you are downloading with a mobile device, there is no better service. 400 GB for $5. No limitations.

Not so great for downloads using the free version.
Never had any problems downloading at top speeds with the free version.

Also when downloading, the waiting time is only 2 hours after the limit is reached and not 5-6 hours like Mega. In addition the Mega limit in the free version is hit when you have downloaded around 5GB.

With 1Fichier the limit is reached after downloading one file (doesn't matter if it's 5MB or 50GB). So you could theoretically put up your whole edit as one link on there and have no problems downloading it in one go without having to pay anything.

Last edited:
Never had any problems downloading at top speeds with the free version.

Also when downloading, the waiting time is only 1 hour after the limit is reached and not 5-6 hours like Mega.

In addition the Mega limit in the free version is hit when you have downloaded around 5GB.

With 1Fichier the limit is reached after downloading one file (doesn't matter if it's 5MB or 50GB).

So you could theoretically put up your whole edit as one link on there and have no problems downloading it in one go without having to pay anything.
Perhaps, the service has changed. Sounds like it's better than I remember.

Never really liked Google drive in the first place so this doesn't faze me... but if I had data on there I would not be happy. Now you have to encrypt your data from Google's evil eyes.

Back
Top Bottom