• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Good quality blank DVDs

lotrjjw

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can anyone tell me which are better TDK or Verbatim or are they much and much?
Also if they both arent good which makes are better? I am planning on getting -R not +R, RWs or RAM ones.
I also presume BluRay disks are better at 50GB for films?

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Verbatim is considered one of the best brands of blank DVDs, as long as you make sure to get the ones that say "AZO" on the label.

As for Blu-rays, I believe that double-layer (50GB) Blu-rays are slightly more prone to failure and other problems than single-layer (25GB) ones, although I could be wrong. When it comes to Blu-rays, I'd recommend the Panasonic brand (Verbatim is great for DVDs, but their Blu-rays aren't as good as Panasonic's).

lotrjjw

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for that good advice. Im just wondering about BluRays then if 25GB are better, are fan edits in BD format normally in BD25 then?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lotrjjw said:
Thanks for that good advice. Im just wondering about BluRays then if 25GB are better, are fan edits in BD format normally in BD25 then?

Yes, normally BD fanedits are BD-25. The only BD50 fanedit I can remember off the top of my head is Q2's Titanic Extended Edition.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lotrjjw said:
It depends. Some fanedits are only in DVD quality, some are SD or HD MP4 or MKV files, others are in Blu-ray format (I think most of these can fit on a single-layer 25GB Blu-ray). It's up to the faneditor to make his edit available however he chooses.

If a Blu-ray folder or ISO is too big to fit on the Blu-ray discs you have, you can usually use BD-Rebuilder to shrink it down to size. If you use the best settings, the quality loss can be minimal or unnoticeable in many cases.

lotrjjw

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I downloaded BD-Rebuilder and it wont run! I got it running ok I think I dont have BD files on my computer to test it with right now though.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Top Bottom