• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Godzilla Vs The World - A Godzilla (2014)/KOTM (2019) Fanedit - Complete

ccateni

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You Know I wanted to remove the whole 'jammed doors on the jet' sequence which is just filler in my opinion but it includes the return of Godzilla mid Rodan fight so removing it wasn't really an option."
Just cut from the family getting on the plane to Rodan getting distracted by it to looking at Godzilla who came back.
Rough idea, but it could be done with some good edits perhaps maybe even using some stuff from the Godzilla 2014 if you want.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In light of the most recent review of this edit which mentions compression artifacts I have decided to revisit this edit soon to produce a higher quality version.

Since producing this edit I have begun processing my footage using Avidemux which is yielding far better quality footage with significantly reduced processing times. As I'll need to rebuild the edit I'll also update the fonts and text throughout as my skills have definitely improved in that department. I'll also give the darker scenes a lift by altering the gamma levels to reveal more details. I'll update this thread when I have done comparisons to compare.

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
In light of the most recent review of this edit which mentions compression artifacts I have decided to revisit this edit soon to produce a higher quality version.

Since producing this edit I have begun processing my footage using Avidemux which is yielding far better quality footage with significance reduced processing times. As I'll need to rebuild the edit I'll also update the fonts and text throughout as my skills have definitely improved in that department. I'll also give the darker scenes a lift by altering the gamma levels to reveal more details. I'll update this thread when I have done comparisons to compare.

Loved your original edit so looking forward to the update Malthus

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
stferguson78 said:

Glad you enjoyed it. You might be interested in the forthcoming Monarch project too then...

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
stferguson78 said:

Glad you enjoyed it. You might be interested in the forthcoming Monarch project too then...

Oh yes!!! So that will utilise Kong Skull Island as well?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
stferguson78 said:
Oh yes!!! So that will utilise Kong Skull Island as well?

Yep it'll be Kong: Skull Island, Godzilla and KOTM serialised. The two other editors are big fans of monster movies so I'm hoping their expertise will make this a really unique experience.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:

I haven't gotten around to watching your entire edit yet, but I watched the first few minutes, and there are indeed some very bad compression artifacts in dark portions of the sky.

Do you plan to exactly remake the same edit, or make other changes as well?

I'd be interested in seeing more of the 2014 movie included (like in d3adconnection's "King of the Titans", which includes about 40 minutes of it, while yours has about 20), as starting with the parachuting scene felt disorienting to me (plus, there's some good monster action before that)

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's clearly a subjective thing. Many people seem to love how this edit starts, myself included. I have watched King of the Titans by De3dconnection and while I certainly enjoyed some of their ideas I found their edit very choppy, especially the first 40 minutes. An example of this is the way they transitioned from the Hawaii airport sequence to the ship. I appreciate the reasons why this happened (the lack of Godzilla footage, the removal of character plots etc) but if I was to include more of Godzilla '14 my edit would either be equally choppy or need to be significantly longer and neither of those options appeal to me. As such I don't intended to add more of Godzilla '14. I will, however, be revisiting the entire Monsterverse with my Monarch project where I will be adapting it as a television series. Hopefully that edit will be more to your taste. When I revise this it will merely be to give it a visual lift as I am very happy with how this turned out.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched Godzilla Vs Kong last night and I blooming loved it. I'm on holiday next week so I'll be spending some of that time rebuilding this edit from scratch to remove the compression issues. I'll also be applying some light colour grading to the footage.

Are there any other requests for Ver 2.0?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Works begun on the Godzilla Vs The World redux. There won't be any changes in terms of cuts but I'm using newly processed masters. Here is a sample of the new colour grade on Godzilla '14.

Before and after
UNpuqJE.png

ZfFZURV.png

Before and after
CFEG3kz.png

xrO0MmF.png

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since I'm revisiting this edit I've decided to make a few tweaks for version 2.0. Chiefly the removal of Brody's reunion. There's really not enough emotional investment with these characters to warrant it. So armed with my new files and a few months more experience I've managed to successfully remove those sections giving a cleaner transition from '14 into KOTM. Shout out to @orchidal and @grimscribe for the suggestion.

orchidal

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since I'm revisiting this edit I've decided to make a few tweaks for version 2.0. Chiefly the removal of Brody's reunion. There's really not enough emotional investment with these characters to warrant it. So armed with my new files and a few months more experience I've managed to successfully remove those sections giving a cleaner transition from '14 into KOTM. Shout out to @orchidal and @grimscribe for the suggestion.
ah, great to hear you've cracked that bug-bear of an aspect. certainly was one of the best fan edits I'd seen last year, and if this improves on an already enjoyable cut, I'd watch it again once it's complete.

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great to hear, i´m also looking forward to it!

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm pleased to report that JrWhag42 is happy with the updated version of this so I'll be encoding the final HD version this weekend. I've also put together a rerelease trailer for it since I never made one for the original release. If you're interested in the updated version contact me via the usual channels. Shout out to those of you who helped with version 2 and for the reviewers who inspired me to make it.

Last edited:

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you to @uz000 for their review of this. I'm really pleased you enjoyed it. You might be interested in my forthcoming Monarch edit which will convert the Monsterverse content into a series of 30 minute episodes tightening the focus on the Monarch group and incorporating aspects of the special features found on the the various blu rays.

Top Bottom