• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Godzilla vs Kong - Hollow Earth Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jIGgOPc.png

My own cut of GvK that I've been polishing over a few months, that cuts out the Millie Bobbie Brown character and her entire subplot. No more opening with Bernie and Apex, no more podcast or investigations, no Kyle Chandler or Lance RIddick, all of that B-Story has been cut out entirely. Over half an hour. Gone.

Theatrical - 1:45:19 (before credits)
Hollow Earth - 1:13:18 (before credits)

INCOMPLETE CUTLIST (probably cut more than this)

- missing cast members, removed from credits
- Cut GZ attacking Apex and Bernie trying to get to the secure levels, all references to this has been cut throughout the film
- cut the daughter calling Alexander Skarsgård a coward
- cut MBB and Ricky Baker hunting down Bernie
- "no one could take the reigns on kong"
- cut the MBB trio going into Apex and searching around
- cut Eiza González calling Kong gross
- cut the MBB trio in Hong Kong, watching MechaGZ being tested and listening to evil dialogue
- cut the guys in the HEAV pointing out where they were going
- cut the MBB trio dicking around Hong Kong again, and Kyle Chandler reacting to GZ approaching
- cut the Apex goons pulling guns on the Kong lady and her deaf daughter because they opposed the exact mission they agreed to come along to
- cut the MBB trio dicking around Hong Kong x2
- cut "looks like round 2 goes to Kong"
- cut the MBB trio dicking around Hong Kong x3, and the whole evil monologue
- recut MechaGZ activating, using cut footage from the MBB scene from earlier, and some evil dialogue from the previous monologue
- cut the MBB trio dicking around Hong Kong and doing random crap in the control room. Their entire contribution to the final battle is removed with no context
- cut the callback to the bad coward joke from the deaf kid since it no longer happened earlier
- cut MBB reuniting with her dad in HK under inexplicable circumstances
- recut ending so it all is centred around Skarsgård, the deaf kid and her mum

Here's the new MechaGZ sequence as it goes online, this is now the first appearence in the film, in the last act.

I have a close to final cut uploaded, if anyone would like to preview it.

Long time once again, but I rewatched my early cut of this and enjoyed how lean it is. 73 minutes before credits is pretty short but the film really doesn't need to be any longer than this really.

I'll probably clean up the edges and it'll be ready to go!

I also realised there is already a similar cut out there, being the Kongdensed Edition, but hopefully my cut has a place still as I have a bit of a different goal in mind. The more the merrier!

This is very similar to My thoughts on this movie.
I was thinking of these very similar cuts, removing all those bits. I was also thinking about removing some of those underground segments too.
I never felt the motivation to go ahead with it though so it's nice to see you have done it.
I'd be interested to have a look, especially with Minus One being announced, my mind is on Godzilla at the moment so there's a good chance I'd actually watch it rather than putting it on the list.

Honestly, after reading the leaked plot for The New Empire, I think it might just be best to wait until that film comes out and edit the first quarter or so of this film onto it rather than an uber short film............

Plus it gets rid of that awful Mechagodzilla completely. I hated what they did to him.

Honestly, after reading the leaked plot for The New Empire, I think it might just be best to wait until that film comes out and edit the first quarter or so of this film onto it rather than an uber short film............

the what empire?

73 minutes is a very short feature, but hey the story is given enough time to do its thing and wraps up nice and quick, almost feels like an episode of something. It works for me and achieves what I wanted to do
Plus it gets rid of that awful Mechagodzilla completely. I hated what they did to him.

If they had stuck to the plot of the original 70s film, with aliens making a fake Godzilla, then it wouldn’t be any less goofy than a company making a giant robot to defend against any Godzilla attacks. I didn’t mind this adaptation of MechaGZ.

the what empire?

If they had stuck to the plot of the original 70s film, with aliens making a fake Godzilla, then it wouldn’t be any less goofy than a company making a giant robot to defend against any Godzilla attacks. I didn’t mind this adaptation of MechaGZ.

And it wasn't that a company making a giant robot was goofy. It was that this Mechagodzilla was a bland, poorly designed disappointment thrown in for 10 minutes to get nerdgasms over shallow end references with none of the respect other Toho monsters got in KOTM. Plus (call this a petty nitpik) but I hate how Kong was the one to give the fatal blow to one of the Big 5 Godzilla monsters.

Back
Top Bottom