• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Godzilla Rises by ranger613

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=27411]kellenpure[/MENTION], thanks so much for taking the time to watch and review my friend! I know these remakes/reboots are not your thing so I really appreciate you taking the time. I agree with you, and I really wish I had more to work with, but every minute of Godzilla himself in the original movie is included this edit. This gives you a sense of how underdeveloped most of that film was. Like you say its a monster movie, not a character study. The characters were not important and there was no depth (but this was a problem with the original-- I really don't buy the Bryan cranston argument many people cite to defend the original tho. His character was the "crazy kook who turned out to be right after all" found in every other monster movie in history. His past is Not important to the plot. Its just Not. It's not a Bryan cranston movie, it's a damn monster movie!! He's not important in it! --sorry rant). This edit is not as strong as I'd like, as I tried to tell a story that just wasn't there in the original. However, this is as streamlined and straightforward as the original can get, retaining the core monster movie of the original. Thanks a lot again my friend. Always glad to get your valued opinion [emoji4]

oku

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks to this edition now I don't have to press fast-forward when I re-watch the film!

Top Bottom