• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Godzilla Rises by ranger613

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sneak Peek of first 3 min + short trailer:

Sorry for the low quality, used high compression for this.
Hope you enjoy.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice work on the new intro :).

CaesarEditor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you plan putting Ifukube's Godzilla theme somewhere? Something that might work (if you want to take the time) is to re-mix the sound design with classic Toho SFX, there are a couple of CDs with monster roars and explosions that could prove useful ;).

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Nice work on the new intro :).
Thanks man! The final cut is slightly longer as I retained Seruzawa's assistant asking "Is it him?" and the wide shot of the fossils. Just gives the moment more tension.

bionicbob said:
Looks good. :)

KobaKommander said:
Agreed, good job.

Thanks for the support guys!!

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CaesarEditor said:
Do you plan putting Ifukube's Godzilla theme somewhere? Something that might work (if you want to take the time) is to re-mix the sound design with classic Toho SFX, there are a couple of CDs with monster roars and explosions that could prove useful ;).

Defnitely a very cool idea! Would love to see results of this experiment. I dont think I can add it onto my current edit tho as its already comp;leted and being uploaded. However, had I thought of this I'd have tried it. Any samples out there?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was a solid revision to the intro buddy, did'nt miss the science info dump credits at all, I always prefer movies with straight cold opens.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all, Godzilla recut is now up on IFDB as well as the usual info site. Hope you enjoy it, cheers.
godzilla-rises-front-85-1413151278.jpg

IFDB link:
http://www.fanedit.org/ifdb/component/content/article/79-fanedit-listings/fanfix/1073-godzilla-rises
[MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION], thanks for picking the better cover! ;) I knew something about the other one didnt work

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never saw this Breaking Bad reference until now.. CinemaSins critique video here is the best breakdown by far of this movie
a-GODZILLA-SCREENSHOT-640x468.jpg

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats on finishing mate.:)

Cinesins is so on-target with this movie.

"He spent 15 years researching the same thing, how come he did'nt know?"...exactly.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I second the congrats. If I have time, I'll try to check it out this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Congrats on finishing mate.:)

Cinesins is so on-target with this movie.

"He spent 15 years researching the same thing, how come he did'nt know?"...exactly.

KobaKommander said:
I second the congrats. If I have time, I'll try to check it out this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Thanks a lot guys! I hope you'll enjoy it. Much appreciation, Kris

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats man! I've got this downloading and will watch it ASAP. I'm pumped. I enjoyed this movie but it definitely needed a fanedit. I'm sure you knocked it out of the park, as usual. :)

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
Congrats man! I've got this downloading and will watch it ASAP. I'm pumped. I enjoyed this movie but it definitely needed a fanedit. I'm sure you knocked it out of the park, as usual. :)

Thanks my friend for the kind words! I hope you enjoy it. After the movie, theres a 10 min "Bonus short" too, as an easter egg. I can't wait for your 300 edit. Looks spectacular!!!

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sub_atomic said:
For some reason, part10.rar is not connecting in Jdownloader.
Just checked the link, it seems fine. I PM'd you the individual link for part 10 tho, maybe try downloading it separately. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, hope you enjoy the movie and review thx!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sub_atomic said:
For some reason, part10.rar is not connecting in Jdownloader.

Mega files have a tendency to go offline for a little bit sometimes. Just be patient.

sub_atomic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, guys. I watched Godzilla Rises last night, and I really enjoyed it.

I liked the bonus short too. I do think it could've been integrated into the edit without slowing it down too much. The benefit is more Cranston and some actual character development (seeing a happier Brody to contrast with his later "crazed" self). It's a sequence with some actual human emotion in it. I guess the downside is it gives us a false impression early on that we'll actually care about any of the characters by the end. The fact is, you don't, and can't, care about anyone - in the theatrical cut they are so one-dimensional, and in Godzilla Rises, they are barely there. That's my only criticism of your edit - characters appear, speak some lines to advance the plot, and then vanish - and it's hardly fair because you had a sow's ear to work with. Adding more scenes with these people doesn't make you care about them or like them. Quite the opposite, in fact. In the theatrical cut you are more likely to hate them for doing stupid things and taking valuable screen time away from the monsters. So you're stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I think you did a great job pulling something enjoyable out of it.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks [MENTION=7015]sub_atomic[/MENTION], [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION] and [MENTION=30073]KobaKommander[/MENTION] for your reviews. This edit is definitely a mixed bag. It works for me as I went in expecting a monster movie and I tried to make this monster-centric. People who liked it didn't like the theatrical cut and vice versa. I appreciate all the reviews, good and bad, as it's interesting to see polarizing the film really is. Thanks, Kris

Top Bottom