• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Godzilla: King of the Monsters - The Dramatic Cut

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This thread looks awesome! I would upload the poster and bluray cover to the gallery and import your links to your thread from there so you don't have all of that Twitter nonsense.

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last bit of promo material for you all to enjoy:
The render/upload will be done before midnight tonight and will hopefully be sent off for reviews shortly.

The original post has been updated with all the new and latest info from new cuts to the edit, artwork, and everything else!

A Godzilla sized special thanks to ArtisDead and Wraith for all the help and time they
put into this. They helped with many, many of my questions as well as giving me great input
on changes and cuts to the film, as well as guidance on the artwork and logos, and the submission
process. They were with me pretty much every step of the way on the back half of this edit.
The fanedit itself is much better off with their help and input. Massive thanks to them.
I'd like to also thank everyone else who gave me feedback throughout this process. See you all on
the next one.

Last edited:

Stromboli Bones

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this!

I saw Godzilla: KOTM in theaters and have spent the subsequent years trying to erase most of the Human parts of this movie from my brain (haven't seen it since). I wanted to see a modern Hollywood Blockbuster version of Godzilla monsters all fighting each other. While I absolutely got what I wanted on that front, I also got a super cliché story about a 14 year old girl in a tug of war between her mommy and daddy, complete with horrible dialogue and cheesy one liners.

INIGHTMARES has remedied 90% of that, plain and simple, and I for one am grateful for it!

While I didn't watch this as intently and critically as I've watched other edits, I did read the cutlist, and I watched and listened for big errors. I am happy to report that didn't notice a single one.

A fine job here my friend. I will forever pretend that THIS was the movie I saw in theaters, and will remember it as such :)

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished another pass myself just for enjoyment and narrative structure. I LOVE the ominous feel of this edit! It's dark, kinda grainy, the music and tone really represents what this movie should have been. Almost all of the sappy parts that took me out if the original are gone. I love the opening sequence. That jump scene is one of the best openings that I have scene in an edit. Especially with the title. Kudos to you and Wraith on that! Okay. Now its time to nitpick the hell out of it. I hope you will still like me in the morning! It's already awesome before the nitpicking.

Last edited:

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this!

I saw Godzilla: KOTM in theaters and have spent the subsequent years trying to erase most of the Human parts of this movie from my brain (haven't seen it since). I wanted to see a modern Hollywood Blockbuster version of Godzilla monsters all fighting each other. While I absolutely got what I wanted on that front, I also got a super cliché story about a 14 year old girl in a tug of war between her mommy and daddy, complete with horrible dialogue and cheesy one liners.

INIGHTMARES has remedied 90% of that, plain and simple, and I for one am grateful for it!

While I didn't watch this as intently and critically as I've watched other edits, I did read the cutlist, and I watched and listened for big errors. I am happy to report that didn't notice a single one.

A fine job here my friend. I will forever pretend that THIS was the movie I saw in theaters, and will remember it as such :)
Pizza Crust! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and didn't have to cringe like I did watching that theatrical version! I too never plan on watching that version again! That version is unbearabley cringey. I worked hard to make all of the cuts as seamless as possible, and with a little help from some new pals here, was able to do do it I think. Very happy you watched and enjoyed :)

Finished another pass myself just for enjoyment and narrative structure. I LOVE the ominous feel of this edit! It's dark, kinda grainy, the music and tone really represents what this movie should have been. Almost all of the sappy parts that took me out if the original are gone. I love the opening sequence. That jump scene is one of the best openings that I have scene in an edit. Especially with the title. Kudos to you and Wraith on that! Okay. Now its time to nitpick the hell out of it. I hope you will still like me in the morning! It's already awesome before the nitpicking.
Do your thing! You've been nothing but helpful, so I happily await your review/breakdown.. whatever you got for me. You and Wraith both.

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is what this movie should have been. Dark and ominous without cheesy humor. INightmares has created an instant Monsterverse horror classic. Definitive. Replaces the original in my collection.

After months of fine tuning, Wraith and I consider this edit approval ready.

Congratulations, INightmares!

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's pretty wicked dude! I about pissed myself at that scare during your production logo. Awesome trailer!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is what this movie should have been. Dark and ominous without cheesy humor. INightmares has created an instant Monsterverse horror classic. Definitive. Replaces the original in my collection.

After months of fine tuning, Wraith and I consider this edit approval ready.

Congratulations, INightmares!
I wholeheartedly concur!
B R A V O
Congratulations @INIGHTMARES & Thank you @ArtisDead & @Wraith for conducting the review!

Thread moved to Fixes, Mixes & TV

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A massively huge and Godzilla sized special thanks to ArtisDead and Wraith for all the help and time they put into this. They helped in so many ways from cuts to the film, to guidance on the artwork and logos and the whole submission process. They went above and beyond helping me out. The fanedit itself is now much better off with their help and input. Thank you @ArtisDead & @Wraith , you are both saints in my book.

Last edited:

SkullDevil217

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this. This to me has severely improved KOTM by removing the cringeworthy humor seamlessly and subtly turned it into a more epic Godzilla movie by comparison. Starting it off with the HALO jump sequence from the first one was brilliant to set the mood and I also liked the new color palette you added to it (especially in the Isla de Mara scene, I hate it when movies present Mexico in this unnecessary overly saturated grimy yellow). The inclusion of the deleted scenes worked well too, especially the one with Madison hearing the anguished cries of people dying over the radio (always bummed me that they cut that out of the movie) which helps further establish how seriously Ghidorah should be taken as an antagonist.

If I had a few nitpicks it's that the intro, while a great idea, felt a bit jarring to me in execution with all the cuts back and forth to the opening credits and the HALO jump scene itself. Is it possible to add the credits onto the scene only with a shortened font? I feel that could work a bit better imo. There were also some moments when you could tell a shot was put in slow-mo to accompany dialogue which felt a little distracting. And I wouldn't have minded Emma's 'Long live the king' line remaining in this cut, always perceived it as a subtle middle finger to Jonah's line from earlier.

All in all this was a great effort and I look forward to seeing what you do next, dude. 👍

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this. This to me has severely improved KOTM by removing the cringeworthy humor seamlessly and subtly turned it into a more epic Godzilla movie by comparison. Starting it off with the HALO jump sequence from the first one was brilliant to set the mood and I also liked the new color palette you added to it (especially in the Isla de Mara scene, I hate it when movies present Mexico in this unnecessary overly saturated grimy yellow). The inclusion of the deleted scenes worked well too, especially the one with Madison hearing the anguished cries of people dying over the radio (always bummed me that they cut that out of the movie) which helps further establish how seriously Ghidorah should be taken as an antagonist.

If I had a few nitpicks it's that the intro, while a great idea, felt a bit jarring to me in execution with all the cuts back and forth to the opening credits and the HALO jump scene itself. Is it possible to add the credits onto the scene only with a shortened font? I feel that could work a bit better imo. There were also some moments when you could tell a shot was put in slow-mo to accompany dialogue which felt a little distracting. And I wouldn't have minded Emma's 'Long live the king' line remaining in this cut, always perceived it as a subtle middle finger to Jonah's line from earlier.

All in all this was a great effort and I look forward to seeing what you do next, dude. 👍
Thank you for the honest review! Glad you enjoyed it without all of that original cringe.

Last edited:

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

full
I have begun the work of using this technology to enhance several aspects of my edit to make it even better. I can't get enough of perfecting this edit even more.

I am also working on getting the edit in 5.1 Surround Sound for those that prefer it.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the latest edition.

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That trailer...that music...freaking creepy like the movie should be. It made my skin crawl. That's one of the best teasers/trailers that I've ever seen for creating an ambience to prepare your prospective viewer for the dark ominous vibe of your edit! Very impressive for a first time editor!

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thoroughly enjoyed this edit of Godzilla KOTM. The new opening is very atmospheric and creates a tone that is maintained throughout. Cuts appear seemless to my untrained eye and I only knew anything had been removed due to my familiarity with the original source. Reading some of the reviews, I think it will come down to a matter of personal preference in terms of narrative/character tweaks, but the editor has achieved his goal of creating a much more dramatic experience with additional tension & much less levity.

SkullDevil217

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have enhanced 36 shots/edits with Topaz Labs Video Enhance AI software to provide the smoothest edits throughout the film, as well as 5.1 surround sound audio.

Sound design is gonna be chef's kiss on this one. Are you planning on altering any other aspect from the original edit?

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thoroughly enjoyed this edit of Godzilla KOTM. The new opening is very atmospheric and creates a tone that is maintained throughout. Cuts appear seemless to my untrained eye and I only knew anything had been removed due to my familiarity with the original source. Reading some of the reviews, I think it will come down to a matter of personal preference in terms of narrative/character tweaks, but the editor has achieved his goal of creating a much more dramatic experience with additional tension & much less levity.
Thank you for your review. Means a whole lot to me. And of course I'm glad you dug it!

Top Bottom