• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Godfather: Michael's Opus, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very accomplished and serious effort. In Michael's Opus the tragic story of a man conflicted between two cultures is seen from a different vantage point offering a broad view of Vito's successor's rise and fall. Nevertheless, I believe that a non-chronological narration of the story is preferable as it better showcases the deep contrast in mentality between the two Dons (Vito and Michael). Nevertheless, the inclusion of additional scenes - especially in the case of Godfather 3 - is a big plus as character motives and plot points are further clarified but I think their placement in some cases like Fabrizio's death and Al Neri's visit to Klingman is unsound as they disrupt the flow of the opening scene on Lake Tahoe's mansion, in that particular case at least. As regards to the sound quality, it's ok overall, although I observed a disturbing clipping noise in loud scenes in the second half of the film. The color grading in the scenes from Godfather part 3 is a welcome addition as the annoying reddish hue of the original film is thankfully extinguished. In general, from a technical point of view, Wraith's fan edit is very noteworthy. The editing is flawless and, from the best of my knowledge in some cases superior to the one of the original film(s). Wraith has attempted to smooth the transition between the second and third Godfather, however the impression remains that the scenes derive from different films shot years apart, as the tone and the atmosphere are entirely different (ignoring, of course, the self-evident aging of the actors involved). So the illusion that one watches a single film narrating a complete and overarching story is unavoidably shattered. All in all, it is a fan edit for hardcore The Godfather lovers who want to plunge themselves in the story and enjoy the "big picture", the whole tragic affair. Recommended for every dedicated fan of Coppola's opus.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom