• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
All of a sudden as I went to bed last night I got a terrible pain in the middle of my back. Suddenly it hurt too much to move or even breathe. This morning I was at least able to get up so it’s a little better, but it hurts like hell.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
All of a sudden as I went to bed last night I got a terrible pain in the middle of my back. Suddenly it hurt too much to move or even breathe. This morning I was at least able to get up so it’s a little better, but it hurts like hell.

I had similar a few years back (thankfully never repeated). I recommend walking a lot (I did all the art galleries and museums) as it keeps the joints moving but without any sitting down, or standing up action which was agony.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw a shitpost that said "Saló: A Star Wars Story" and I can't stop thinking about this most cursed potential fanedit in history

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The other night I must've slept in a bad position, 'cause now one of my rhomboid muscles hurts like the dickens. It's a torture lying down, sitting up, leaning over, etc.

Or may there's somebody out there with a doll & pins with a grudge against me and suspiciouscoffee.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I need a transfusion of creative juices.

I dunno, fill a sketchbook up in a few days, something should come of that. Try using fortune cards to get your brain going, I have trouble writing on my own sometimes so I made myself a lenormand deck, gets things moving fast. Take on a new hobby for a bit, as a break from your usual creative endeavors.
Thats all I can think of right now.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need to make a 12 page essay into a 15 page essay by next Wednesday.  This is much harder than anticipated.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
I need to make a 12 page essay into a 15 page essay by next Wednesday.  This is much harder than anticipated.

Might I suggest a 25% line spacing increase.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The temperature's gonna go down to -18/-21 °C next week, and that's only during the daytime. At night it's gonna drop to -27.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've said it before but goddamn does Win10 suck compared to Win7. Within the first hour of using it, the desktop icons have done this (with big horizontal selection boxes around them and huge vertical spacing):

a340c34f-b4fc-4a14-96e8-e8342e07d5ce

Ages of Googling for solutions and nothing is coming up. I suspect I might have to spend my whole weekend trying to fix this one issue. Useless b*stards.

giphy.gif

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ That doesn't bode well for the future. I'm going to miss Windows 7.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Indeed. I managed to fix it by going into the registry and editing the spacing values manually, then restarting. FFS.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So after four years, Microsoft still hasn't worked the bugs out of Windows 10?

[insert anti-capitalist snark here]

Ray Danger

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been using Win10 for just over a year with no problems at all.
Took a month or so to adjust, but I'm perfectly happy with it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy Birthday @"ray" !

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
About a decade ago, my parents decided to tear down the wall separating the kitchen and living room. Set in that wall was an electrical outlet and the thick electric cable it was connected to. To get it out of the way, they decided to move that cable under the floor. They then got the bright idea to cut a hole in a floorboard so they could continue using that outlet. This turned out to be a poor idea, as the outlet wasn't set flush with the hole, leaving it loose beneath the floor, allowing dust and grit to fall through the hole, making it all but unusable.

Fast forward to today. Water spilled on the floor, leaking through that hole, directly onto the outlet. It started sparking, and all the dirt and hair which had accumulated around it began smouldering. Luckily, the smell of burning hair alerted me to the danger, so I poured salt down that hole to smother it, shut the circuit for that particular outlet off, then went into the basement with a vacuum cleaner and cleaned that outlet off as best I could.

About a fourth of the house is now without power, which is a minor inconvenience, but I don't trust restoring power to that outlet even after it dries out.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish I had the money/means to buy all the books I'd like to read. The local library doesn't have a fourth of the books I'm interested in (and it's been closed now due to this COVID caca, anyway), and my ADHD makes it impossible to read long documents online, so I can't take full advantage of the Internet Archive, Project Gutenberg, etc.

Top Bottom