• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, no, No, No, NO! :-o

(But I'm still a Mia fan :oops:)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You aren't allowed to GDISM anything you can simply ignore.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Enjoying working on a fanedit on my PC... had some dinner and 15minutes later... for no reason... main hardrive dead :cry: . I don't think any fanedits are lost but still a massive pain in the arse and wallet.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry to hear that TM, that sucketh the big one.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duuuuude. Condolences to you and your silicon.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks all. Mostly only programs were lost and I don't think any editing stuff was affected. I've never had a hard-drive go bad in 30 or so years of computing. This was my first super-fast and inordinately expensive solid-state-drive... never again! I'm strictly back to tried and tested old-skool HDs from now on.

More bad news today (but on a lesser scale)... the nearest shop to me that sells movies had plentiful supplies of all new movies except the one I wanted, 'Creed'. The gods looked down and mocked :D

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GODDAMMITSOMUCH civilians, stop fucking saying "have a happy Memorial Day" or other such nonsense. Don't thank me for my service today (that's Veteran's Day), thank those who didn't come back home.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whenever I see a Memorial Day ad asking me to buy a truck to remember those who were lost I'm all like what?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
on a related note. . . I once heard from a Connecticut radio station news snippet on the anniversary of the start of the Korean War, which koreans and korean americans were supposedly celebrating.

who dafuq celebrates the start of a miserable conflict? and what kind of journalist doesn't know the diff between commemorate and celebrate?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Who even says "happy Memorial Day"? How is that a sentence anyone could make?   :(

Honor the fallen, absolutely. Happy Veterans' Day, great. But for Pete's sake, don't mix them up...

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A clerk wished me Happy Memorial Day yesterday.
I stared at her and said, "That's tomorrow."
"Well, ahead of time!"
"Sure, OK, whatever.  Merry Christmas, then."

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
0eba683e3e95a512c6ab829ed295d10e.jpg

638c642a62d87ce00d6d2e58da7a7e9d.jpg

Every fucking year, Gaith. It's crazy to me, too.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I did a little bit of tinkering on a secret project while in between Consecution duties.

I discover that I accidentally did a post-edit ripple at some point, resulting in two layers of video tracks being out of sync.  This problem goes back at least five different revisions of the file.

tumblr_mq2e12q1hp1szspk7o1_500.gif

But, I located the exact points of desync, moved the offending clips over, did more post-edit ripples, and everything appears to be fixed.

cqC6BF3.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really know what the "ripple" thing is but I see people here having trouble with it. So when I see it on the Vegas menu... I pretend it's not there.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think of it as Fudge Ripple.  Yum.

Top Bottom