• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
and threwgonecaper, i'll pray for demonic creatures to visit thy home and heat your water.

Pyrrhic victory or demonic victory?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which demons did you sumon? These guys suck. Water heater still broken, and now it's hot as balls at my house.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vampyrrhic, ha. But vampires are no good when it comes to running water.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Water heater still broken, and now it's hot as balls at my house.

What kinda water heater have you got? How come it's hot?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
water heater: natural gas. The heater is ~ 11 or 12 years old. The thermocouple went bad. Since it's slightly outdated, I needed to get a conversion kit. It should be delivered this evening, and hopefully the swap goes rather smoothly (hint: stay tuned to this thread to find out...)

how come it's hot: because I live in the midwestern United States, and fucking climate change is real. Fuck this 100 degrees (F) bullshit.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh I see, it wasn't what I was thinking the problem might be. Sounds like you've got it in hand, good luck.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Oh I see, it wasn't what I was thinking the problem might be.

no, ssj's demon's aren't running amok at my house. In fact, the lazy bastards are sitting on my couch watching movies. Freeloaders!!

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just so long as the A/C is running.
This time of year, my showers are straight cold (meaning lukewarm).
Summer - and August is coming.
Good luck with the heater.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the demons are now under timbuk2YC's control.

it happened when he posted last on this thread. . . post #666.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Just so long as the A/C is running.
This time of year, my showers are straight cold (meaning lukewarm).
Summer - and August is coming.
Good luck with the heater.

Thanks. Our A/C isn't great, but it does the trick. Lukewarm showers I can deal with - when I've had longer stints in South America, the cold showers became part of the normal routine. Somehow, even though it's probably hotter here now in the midwest, those cold showers are COLD.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
the demons are now under timbuk2YC's control now.

it happened when he posted last on this thread. . . post #666.

3204840swsw.gif

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
For starters I already typed this whole fucking thing on my phone but dropped it and it clicked to something else. Since it was mobile, this wasn't saved in my drafts. So this is take 2. 

Bought a used car a little under two years ago. They said the clutch wasn't catching right so they put in a brand new one before I got it. Cool.

Four months later, I'm driving on a fucking bridge when the clutch stops catching any gear. Fun place to get towed from. Now everybody thinks I can't drive a stick for shit even though it is impossible to burn a clutch in four months. Replaced the clutch and the flywheel, which the dealership refused to pay for, saying that it *must* have been something I did. So that's a grand down the drain. Fast forward to last night. Same shit starts happening. I get stranded coming home from a concert in D.C. Now this time I'm just replacing the whole fucking transmission because I don't really want to replace the clutch/flywheel again and deal with the same shit in the future. It's already been three clutches and two flywheels. I also said to myself that if they say 2 grand or higher I'm just going to sell the damn thing as is and buy something else. They juuuust came in under.

Did I mention I'm selling my house? Yeah, photos today, listing Friday. I've spent a fuckton to get the most out of this place (I'm hoping to be able to sell without writing a check but it'll be close) and now I'm out another couple grand at the worst possible time. Then there's the whole buying a new house thing. Fuck.

GODDAMMITSOMUCH!

At least John Carpenter fucking rocked so goddamn hard that I would still say the whole night was worth it. Holy shit was that fun. The crowd was amazing, the energy was great, he danced like an old drunk dad and the house came down in a way I've rarely heard for the theme from 'They Live.'

I got my car back and they figured out the root of the problem. Also, got an offer on my house at full list price. So, the opposite of this day.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When the rumours started to surface that Sony was going to release a 4K version of the PS4 next month, I was very excited. All the rumours suggested it would have a 4K-Blu-Ray drive, trailblazing the latest format just like the PS3 did with Blu-Ray years ago! Getting a built in Blu-Ray drive was at least 70% of the reason why I bought a PS3. I had my wallet out ready to buy a PS4-Pro and was even browsing Amazon for what my first 4K-Blu-Ray purchase would be...

Then the announcement last night that it would not include said drive :dodgy: .

Now what the hell am I going to watch Nolan's 'Dunkirk' on next year? ;)  What is the matter with Sony? They've been abandoning their laptops, their phones, their editing software and making generally dreadful and insulting movies but at least the gaming division seemed to have some sense. It almost makes me consider selling my soul to the devil and going with Microsoft's new 4k-Blu-Ray inclusive console.

#firstworldproblems

Oh by the way... I know this is 6.5 years too late but there is an 'N' in damn :D .

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was hoping to pick up the PS4 just for that, too. Bummer. The 4K BD players are much more expensive, so that sucks.

Quasi-related fun fact: When I was working in a physics lab, they bought 20 PS3s (this was right after they came out) and took out all the lasers. Blue lasers were a couple grand but the PS3 was $500. Smart dudes.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Quasi-related fun fact: When I was working in a physics lab, they bought 20 PS3s (this was right after they came out) and took out all the lasers. Blue lasers were a couple grand but the PS3 was $500. Smart dudes.

I love this.  Stuff like this happens way more often than people think. Science funding is a bitch. You need to always find clever ways to get the work done within your budget.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We should apply SCIENCE! to government.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor