• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

Ripple can be your friend. Especially the fudge kind.

It can actually be a useful tool.  When used properly.  Intentionally.  With a saved file right beforehand, and your fingers hovering over ctrl and z.

For starters I already typed this whole fucking thing on my phone but dropped it and it clicked to something else. Since it was mobile, this wasn't saved in my drafts. So this is take 2. 

Bought a used car a little under two years ago. They said the clutch wasn't catching right so they put in a brand new one before I got it. Cool.

Four months later, I'm driving on a fucking bridge when the clutch stops catching any gear. Fun place to get towed from. Now everybody thinks I can't drive a stick for shit even though it is impossible to burn a clutch in four months. Replaced the clutch and the flywheel, which the dealership refused to pay for, saying that it *must* have been something I did. So that's a grand down the drain. Fast forward to last night. Same shit starts happening. I get stranded coming home from a concert in D.C. Now this time I'm just replacing the whole fucking transmission because I don't really want to replace the clutch/flywheel again and deal with the same shit in the future. It's already been three clutches and two flywheels. I also said to myself that if they say 2 grand or higher I'm just going to sell the damn thing as is and buy something else. They juuuust came in under.

Did I mention I'm selling my house? Yeah, photos today, listing Friday. I've spent a fuckton to get the most out of this place (I'm hoping to be able to sell without writing a check but it'll be close) and now I'm out another couple grand at the worst possible time. Then there's the whole buying a new house thing. Fuck.

GODDAMMITSOMUCH!

At least John Carpenter fucking rocked so goddamn hard that I would still say the whole night was worth it. Holy shit was that fun. The crowd was amazing, the energy was great, he danced like an old drunk dad and the house came down in a way I've rarely heard for the theme from 'They Live.'

I just rewatched Elephant Man and SERIOUSLY ORDINARY PEOPLE BEAT THAT AND RAGING BULL?!?!?! I don't know that I'll ever get that.

thecuddlyninja said:
I just rewatched Elephant Man and SERIOUSLY ORDINARY PEOPLE BEAT THAT AND RAGING BULL?!?!?! I don't know that I'll ever get that.

Over the last two months I've been rewatching all of Lynch's films, even Dune . (ugh) I only have Inland Empire left. The one I was most surprised by was Lost Highway. I forgot what an excellent movie that is.

Q2 said:
Over the last two months I've been rewatching all of Lynch's films, even Dune . (ugh) I only have Inland Empire left. The one I was most surprised by was Lost Highway. I forgot what an excellent movie that is.

That sounds fun. It's kinda funny, your Mulholland Drive edit got me doing the same thing (but more slowly). I am most excited to revisit Eraserhead as every time I watch that movie I'm usually five years older and get more out of it. I'm also going to sub in your Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks edits, which should be fun.

Out of curiosity, what is your favorite and least favorite Lynch works? Mine is Mulholland Drive by a wide margin and also Inland Empire by a wide margin, though I only saw it once and am willing to watch again with an open mind.

If this thread even tries to become a Lynch thread I will banish it to hell where it belongs.

thecuddlyninja said:
Q2 said:

That sounds fun. It's kinda funny, your Mulholland Drive edit got me doing the same thing (but more slowly). I am most excited to revisit Eraserhead as every time I watch that movie I'm usually five years older and get more out of it. I'm also going to sub in your Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks edits, which should be fun.

Out of curiosity, what is your favorite and least favorite Lynch works? Mine is Mulholland Drive by a wide margin and also Inland Empire by a wide margin, though I only saw it once and am willing to watch again with an open mind.

My least favorite is definitely Dune. I watched spicediver's version, which seemed the best choice, but I still hated the movie. As for my favorite that's a tough one. It would have to be either Mulholland Dr. or Fire Walk With Me. I did watch my fanedits of both and I have to say for Blue Velvet I actually prefer the theatrical cut over the extended, but for FWWM it's definitely the extended.

I'll let you know if I agree about the extended editions in the coming weeks. :)

TVs Frink said:
If this thread even tries to become a Lynch thread I will banish it to hell where it belongs.

Eventually it will come full circle, and you can post a GODDAMMITSOMUCH of your own.

Personally, my favourite Lynch film is Mulholland Drive.

Hey, it beats me bitching about my transmission, right?

TVs Frink said:

haters.jpg

thecuddlyninja said:
Hey, it beats me bitching about my transmission, right?

No.

Bitching about David Lynch, however, would beat that.

toilet leaks.
replaced the wax ring.
still leaks.
ring probably not tall enough.
fkk it.  calling a plumber.
goodbye money.

baileym43 said:
toilet leaks.
replaced the wax ring.
still leaks.
ring probably not tall enough.
fkk it.  calling a plumber.
goodbye money.

I feel your pain. I've had three visits in the last year. Each more expensive than that last.

plumbing is the worst. We had to replace a lot of the pipes in our kitchen earlier this year and the bill wasn't too forgiving.

GODDAMMITSOMUCH STOP USING PIRATED SHIT PEOPLE OR YOU WILL JEOPARDIZE OUR HOBBY

^ This

Also, my hot water heater is dead. Fuck ice cold showers.

ThrowgnCpr said:
^ This

Also, my hot water heater is dead. Fuck ice cold showers.

Damn. My pilot light has been going out lately but now I can't really complain about it. That sucks, man.

AND FANEDITORS ARE NOT VENDING MACHINES.

IF YOU ASK FOR AN EDIT BY PM, PLEASE BE A HUMAN BEING AND SAY YOUR PLEASES AND THANK YOUS. and maybe even leave a review.

can't give out any more "likes" today, but ditto what ninja said.

and threwgonecaper, i'll pray for demonic creatures to visit thy home and heat your water.

Back
Top Bottom