• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow, that really sucks njvc :( I hope they catch the pricks

epic-hugs-friends-hunger-games.gif

Brumous

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's terrible. What can you do about Acts of Assholes. :-|

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, fuck, nj. :-(

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn that's terrible. I hope the Police can catch the evil f**ks.

I've dispatched a Party of Half-Life War-Boys to roam the wastelands of Australia and bring your property back!

mad-max-fury-road.png

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dang, I was just going to bitch about boxes, boxes everywhere. Sorry to hear that man.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry to hear that, njvc. Let's hope that some of your property is recovered.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys, at least everyone is safe. But it's a sad fact knowing that they would have known we were a young family with a baby and decided to rob us anyway. It's a violating feeling knowing they've been in my daughter's room.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's horrible :cry:. Sending good vibes your way.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'm glad you and your family are safe, enjei visi.

i don't know how insurance works in oz; in the USandA, there's homeowners insurance which can insure the cost of household valuables. wish there were a magic way to replace the data. . . which makes me think, maybe there's some value in encrypted cloud storage of personal files, the vulnerability of which i always wondered about. . . .

sending good thoughts your way thru the earth's core, brother.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
House was robbed today. They've stolen two laptops, 4 harddrives, slr camera with 2 lenses, iPad, the wife's engagement ring and jewelery, my wireless headphones and a year's worth of memories stored on sd cards.I've also lost all my work in progress on several edits. GDISM. what a shitty shitty day.

My complete sympathy, NJVC. Be sure to file for identity theft protection immediately if there was any personal info on those drives. Changing your passwords is probably also in order.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
My complete sympathy, NJVC.
Mine, too. I very much hope you still have backups of your older files, and let this be an unfortunate reminder to us all to do the same, be it a hard drive with a family member, in a bank box, online... Myself, apart from my laptop which has all my personal stuff, I keep an external HD at my mother's place, figuring they couldn't possibly both be lost/stolen/broken at once.

Again, sympathetic vibes, NJVC. :-(

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bummer.
Glad no one was hurt.
Damn damn damn.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On Saturday a new tenant moved in above us. Last night we got flooded due to her incompetence. Around 10:30 p.m. our downstairs neighbor came up and asked if we had any leaks because his kitchen was flooding. I went around and saw the same was happening to us too and ran upstairs to see what was happening. Her T.V. was on and I heard her talking on the phone, yet she wouldn't answer the door when I knocked. My wife tried about 10 min. later and still nothing. I finally called emergency maintenance and they came over to assess the damage. When he went up the same thing happened so he let himself in. She was in the bedroom watching T.V. and still on her phone ignoring the knocks. He went into her kitchen to see if it was a pipe or something else. Turns out she was thawing a chicken in the sink and had the faucet running over it. The problem is the chicken plugged the sink and spilled over.

She's been in the apartment ONE FUCKING DAY!

Thankfully we caught it early enough to move all our expensive electronics and whatnot away from the wall before anything could happen to them. A bunch of coats and my kids toys were damaged though as well as a carpet. Hell of a way to start the week.

And oh yeah... Lady who just moved in? Welcome to the building and you fucking suck.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^GDISM I keep telling my mom she's gotta thaw the chicken in the bathtub!!!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
^GDISM I keep telling my mom she's gotta thaw the chicken in the bathtub!!!
That's one of the stranger euphemisms for sex I've heard. And it's weird that you would give her advice.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh, man. that's not just water sogging up the home. . . there be chicken molecules in them thar walls. yech.

sorry that happened to you, man. wishing your home a reasonable recovery.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

... No comment needed, I think. :-o

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To the lowest circle of hell with region locking. It's 20-f'ing-15. GDISM.

But I guess that's what you get for just skimming the product details on Amazon.

Top Bottom