• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

TV's Frink said:
New rule: If your computer is older than my oldest daughter (6), you must get rid of it.

Does that extend to TV's as well? My TV is currently 11 years old. :lol:

I want to send you some money now.

Want and will are two different things. :p

Frantic Canadian said:
Yeah, a buddy of mine suggested a USB HUB Docking Station. I think I'll wait and see if my brother is willing to let me use the casing from his external hard drive first though. Why spend money when you don't have to, right? Do they sell external hard drive cases without the hard drive? That would probably be more useful to me than the Docking Station. I've already got a 4 port USB HUB and an SD/MMC card reader so all I'd really need it for would be for the SATA connection.

This is what I was talking about:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2002&cm_re=sata_to_usb-_-12-232-002-_-Product

They're handy to have around, but I agree, if you can borrow something, do that.

wayne.workman2012 said:
So what is to become of fanedits when there is (someday) only streaming?

Hopefully I don't live to see the day when physical media is completely wiped out.

I was passing by Factory Direct yesterday so I decided to stop in and look around. I saw that they had SATA and IDE hard drive casings. The SATA one was 9.99$ and the IDE one was 6.99$. I didn't know which kind of hard drive I had so I didn't buy either. I popped out the hard drive last night and turns out it's a PATA drive, which the guy at Factory Direct told me today is the same as IDE. The guy asked me some questions and when I told him about the prompt he said that since it was trying to start Windows and that Windows was installed on the hard drive it means that the hard drive is still good, but could be corrupted.

So I bought the IDE casing and tried it out when I got home. It recognized that there was new hardware plugged in. Then it said that it installed software for it work or something like that and that it wouldn't work until I rebooted my computer, which I did. Now it won't even recognize the laptop drive. I went back to Factory Direct and told the guy that it didn't work. He said that I probably just put it in wrong. There's only one way to put it in so I doubt I did anything wrong. I brought the hard drive with me though so he could check it himself and when he put it in it worked for him. He said that he could access my hard drive but not my files because there was a password. I never set a password. Although when you would start the laptop it did ask for one, but since no password was set pressing ENTER let me in. He said that I should Google Windows something or other to get into the Admin functions so that I could change/remove it. Problem is I don't remember what he told me to Google. Anybody have any ideas?

Also, my computer is still not recognizing the drive. I don't know why. It worked on his computer, I saw it, but for some reason it's not working on mine. Any ideas why my computer won't recognize it?

dude, hope work comes your way posthaste. sending positive vibes northward, like superhero beams blasting forth from my eyes.

/\
oh nooozz /\. unemployment sucks worse when you're married though. so enjoy it while you can.
the same well wishes in finding something you enjoy.

Sorry to hear it, hombre. Best of luck in moving onwards and upwards!

I'm sorry to hear your bad news, Neg. Let's hope that something comes your way soon.

Sorry to hear this man. I hope things go well for you from here on.

Sadface for both of you.

House was robbed today. They've stolen two laptops, 4 harddrives, slr camera with 2 lenses, iPad, the wife's engagement ring and jewelery, my wireless headphones and a year's worth of memories stored on sd cards.I've also lost all my work in progress on several edits. GDISM. what a shitty shitty day.

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck recovering them. That's insane. :/

Back
Top Bottom