• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

Well torrents use the p2p protocol and all the ISP's need to do is monitor that and then do what the hell they want. Most ISP's (certainly the ones in the UK) throttle the bejesus out of p2p, so like I said you probably want to get an ISP with a better torrent/p2p policy.

Also Demonoid changed hands a while ago and then they lost their database due to a hack and had to restore from a backup which would explain the loss of account.

nOmArch said:
Well torrents use the p2p protocol and all the ISP's need to do is monitor that and then do what the hell they want. Most ISP's (certainly the ones in the UK) throttle the bejesus out of p2p, so like I said you probably want to get an ISP with a better torrent/p2p policy.

I don't torrent that much so it's not a deal breaker, it's just a real pain in the ass.

nOmArch said:
Also Demonoid changed hands a while ago and then they lost their database due to a hack and had to restore from a backup which would explain the loss of account.

The funny thing is I tried to register a new account with the e-mail address I had used to register in the first place and it said that there was already an account under that e-mail address. And when I did the password reset thing it would send me a new password to that e-mail address. So my account must still be there, or at least they have my info anyways. I only registered another account a few weeks ago at most. Before I cleared my history/cache/cookies I was signed in. Then after I cleared everything I couldn't get in anymore. I know I got the username and password correct, and even if I didn't at the least the new password they sent me should have worked, but it didn't.

Goddammitsomuchingeneral. I'm so damn serious. Fucking madness and terror, FIRE, madness, danger without the d, INFIRNO, quick cuts of scary shit (no wide shots)!!!

Okay, that helped. :)

sunflower-452-4.jpg

AW, Throw, you shouldn't have, C'mere *slice*

My home team just lost a crappy Super Bowl. Goddammitsomuch.

Both SSL Usenet and DDL (RS & Extabit) have dropped through the floor to less than 300k/sec all day so far, couple of reboots of PC's & router, check service status pages... all good, run speed tests at ISP and speedtest.net and both max out my connection.

Made even more annoying by the fact there's a couple of edits I found on usenet I thought I'd never see and at this rate it's gonna take the best part of a couple of days to get them. Oh, the complete and total mild annoyance grrr.

I also will have to wait til tomorrow to see the new Spartacus ep.

/copious swearing

GD

Subtitle files really make me grind my teeth in frustration. They always give me trouble. It seems mandatory for every program that handles subs not to import at least one of the umpteen stupid formats that they come in, so you to have convert to this in program x and that in program y before you can actually use them. Then of course you have to be familiar with all the options in those programs because if you don't check one obscure box somewhere they will end up messed up in some way.

DVD Lab Pro doesn't accept .sup format, even though all it has to do is mux the wretched things to make a DVD. It's obviously too much to ask that a program I paid close to $300 for will do something that a freeware muxer such as Muxman will do.

GDISM

Seriously, subtitles can be a pain in the arse! With DVD Architect when I import my .sub files I have to manually fix every subtitle because DVD Arch's default font/size look terrible. GDISMx2

Bluray? finished. click burn. fatal error. Encore must close. GDISM!!!

njvc said:
Bluray? finished. click burn. fatal error. Encore must close. GDISM!!!

GemGod and I put a hex on you so we would at least have a fighting chance at FE of the Month for Feb.

I Can't get the f**king color correction right on my Spider-man edit! I have been trying all day!

Subtitle problems led me to shelve TRM:SE in favor of working on AOTR.

My new employer had to do a layoff today as the Gov decided to re-do/reduce our contract. I missed the axe fortunately but GDISM some good people are now unemployed, and nobody wins. The site I work for will not get improvements, services provided by the site will suffer and families of soldiers who use this site are the ones that have to deal with it.

really sorry to hear that L8, how stressful :-(

Rendered my HP edit with like 4 frames that missed color correction... and vegas has now decided to crash due to plugin errors every time i try and load my project... and the render I did came out too big to fit on a DL-DVD... :|

GDISM. Last Sunday my external HDD, where I store all my edit files, decided to stop working and tell me I should format it to be able to use it. In order to avoid doing so and losing all the data, I've been running HDD Regenerator since then. Still running. 54 hours to go. :-(

Back
Top Bottom