• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

GODDAMMITNOTATALL (WiNNING!)

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My mom was released from the hospital today. And her kidney function's improved (didn't that that was all that possible).

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Nursing student here! As I understand it, long-term kidney damage/nephron death is irreversible, but short-term impairment due to inflammation, especially as a consequence of infection, will subside with treatment of the underlying problem. So kidney function can certainly improve in the short term, and overall management of chronic kidney disease can ward off acute "kidney attacks," if you will, but that doesn't mean the kidneys themselves have improved, in the sense that their optimal functioning potential cannot recover to previous baselines. Specifically, kidney function is measured via the glomerular filtration rate, which will improve when nephrons, the functional units of the kidney, are not actively inflamed. (Determining the exact extent of nephron death within a kidney is a difficult and inexact science without extracting it and cutting it open, which is obviously impractical in a living patient.) Science! Anyhow, glad your mother's doing better. :)

As for your sister, that's a tough situation. My sympathies, and my advice would be to try not to get upset and lose your cool. I'm sure it's hard, and I don't mean to be flippant, but raising ire on all sides will likely inspire defiance, rather than cooperation, in your patie- er, sibling.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe this fits better on "random thoughts, rants, general nonsense." but it was really satisfying to me so I think it belongs here...

My buddy and I were filming for advertising class and my room had to be pitch black for some shots, but I don't have drapes/curtains. This was my solution:
unknown.png

in the dark with flash on:
rrr599B.png

And this was the result:
5RhWion.png

It's not much but I was pretty satisfied at how well it worked. After all the fun we had, my buddy and I are thinking about making a no-budget short. I told him an idea I've had for a while about the first scene but have no concrete plans as to where it goes from there, if anything ever comes of it y'all will be the first to know!

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm very pleased to share I've been accepted into a film preservation masters program for the fall!

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After almost a month, my mother's finally out of the hospital.

It's almost certain now that her ulcer's been the underlying cause of her poor health these past couple months. For whatever reason, the doctors couldn't actually locate the ulcer before now, and so weren't able to treat it. Now they have, and my mom's taking medication for it. Her kidney function's gone up, her hemoglobin's up, she's breathing better, she has more energy, she's shed lots of water, and no longer needs dialysis at moment.

I really hope my mom'll be able to stay healthy for a long while now. She's been chronically hospitalized since 5 July 2018; she could use a full year off.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve started working out again... again. I feel like this might be the one that I finally commit to. I’m tired of being weak lol

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Keen-eyed readers of these Forums may perhaps have noticed that I've been fairly quiet these past few weeks. The reasons are twofold: one, I've begun working full-time in a COVID vaccination clinic (my first RN job!), and two, I've finally fulfilled my lifelong dream of acquiring a (golden retriever) puppy. This latter development is of course incredibly time and energy-consuming, but also quite rewarding, and I'm very pleased to assert my canine friend's cuteness is equal to none. 😃

Anyhow, just wanted to explain why I'll have a reduced voice around these parts for some time, but I'll continue to visit and read the community's posts with frequency. :)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve started working out again... again. I feel like this might be the one that I finally commit to. I’m tired of being weak lol
Just remember strength is in the mind - the working out will also clear your mind and help with any stress you may have. Just remember you are the CEO of the company that is your body - you are in charge of what your body does - not the other way around...be conscience. You cant fix yesterday but you can create tomorrow.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just remember strength is in the mind - the working out will also clear your mind and help with any stress you may have. Just remember you are the CEO of the company that is your body - you are in charge of what your body does - not the other way around...be conscience. You cant fix yesterday but you can create tomorrow.
Thank you... I’ll try to keep that in mind the next next next time I try working out again again

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I know this thread's been buried but I'm bumping this because I have super exciting news.

Soo there's this author in Turkey who wrote a fantasy novel and is looking to make an animated adaptation of it and release it internationally. Aand I've been talking to him for a while about how I would adapt it.

Anyway, I wrote scripts for the first two episodes just as a trial, and I shared them to the author in a folder along with a lot of pre-writing research I had done. He read them and, get this, he told me they were extraordinary...

80af0f23d5cf5e6669417f7d2a9152971d255368.gif

...aand he was so excited about its potential that he told me he wants to work on a Netflix pitch with me, soooooo I might be the professional writer of an animated series in the near future!!

ne-kadar-mutlusun-ec4555b7.gif

So I'm going to be working on a lot of stuff that will help me with this adaptation, INCLUDING my Hobbit fanedit where I will be reworking the battle: This will be practice for me for the final battle of the climax of this animated series. So, this Hobbit fanedit is pretty important to me now lol

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seems I can't drink anything stronger than wine straight anymore. Which means I've done a good job curtailing my alcohol consumption in the last several months.

kinnikuman

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just had my second child December 11th I am literally on fumes but couldn’t be happier. Parenthood is not for everyone I dont think that someone without kids is losing or missing out but for me being a dad is great.

Top Bottom