• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITNOTATALL (WiNNING!)

Edited the post with a more complete picture. It’s in an awkward spot that makes it hard to photograph but at least in the second one the giant boxsets aren’t in the way of some other discs.

Arranging your discs in alphabetical order? Oh, you better believe that's an anti-paddlin'.

Duragizer said:
Arranging your discs in alphabetical order? Oh, you better believe that's an anti-paddlin'.

I really need to get around to doing that. I did it for some of my video games, I have no reason for not organizing my movies as such.

You an edition of Blade Runner I don't recognise.

Duragizer said:

So, a light touch of my ass, followed by a swift and violent pulling-away from it?

TM2YC said:
You an edition of Blade Runner I don't recognise.

blade-runner-blu-ray-book.jpg

3-disc set of all 5 official cuts, with pages of art and other things inside the book package as well. It’s pretty nice.

I think you have more Blu-rays than I do.  I'm currently at 269 Blu-ray movies (not counting TV shows)

Ah yes, the old "alphabetization vs. aesthetically pleasing sequential placement" dilemma. Hey, this gives me an idea... *lots of googling and messing around in Word later*: what if one were to print paper sleeves for the spines of blu ray cases, such that, by folding back the extra space on each side, one wound up with a what looks at a distance like a row of old books? To wit:

Spines.jpg

Or, if one were keeping things simple:

Spines2.jpg

One could also change the color of the background texture to make mini-alphabetized groupings by genre, etc.

... By golly, I think that might just be really cool. :cool:

Handman said:
I think you have more Blu-rays than I do.  I'm currently at 269 Blu-ray movies (not counting TV shows)

Not counting TV shows, you’re actually ahead of me by over 100. I’ve only got 161.

Duragizer probably has me beat actually. As far as blurays I own and not counting everyone in the house, off the top of my head I have 1 show, and 6 or 7 movies, depending on if I'll ever get my copy of Streets of Fire back.

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and suddenly my entire 36 year life makes so much more fucking sense. I'm on meds now and feeling the best I ever have in my entire life. It's like a cheat code. I thought I had to live with the obsessive negative thoughts and temper because they were who I am, but it turns out it's not and I don't. Also my fanedit output bursts make a lot more sense now. Also the pressure of this place getting to me and me just leaving for periods on end. Yeah, everything, actually.

^ That's great news, I'm glad for you :) .

Stephen Fry did a 2-part 2006 doc for the BBC about his bipolar disorder, includes interviews with Carrie Fisher and Richard Dreyfuss about their experiences. Well worth a watch (Got the best doc Emmy):

Also a follow up doc 10-years on:

Once my school nurse had me take a test on her computer, and it said that I definitely have bipolar disorder, but then she dismissed it saying that it's not like me. From what I know about it, I think that there is definitely a chance that I have it, I should make an effort to get some kind of examination done.

^ Hm... as an (almost) nurse, I'm pretty confident in saying that level of assessment is outside her scope of practice. If you checked enough boxes to justify a referral, she should have referred you to a psychiatrist. It does sound worth checking out.

And ninja, well done! Best wishes in looking out for yourself and being all you can and should be. :)

suspiciouscoffee said:
So, a light touch of my ass, followed by a swift and violent pulling-away from it?

I'm in.

The first two prints (still drying) made from my first rolls of film I ever shot on. I love this, I feel like an alchemist. Anyway, that’s my dog Tippi, and a neighbor’s cat that got out the other day and ended up in my backyard.

35OAtE9.jpg
2Z18ol8.jpg

Also on one of those rolls is possibly the most pretentious selfie ever (this is just the negative itself)

j16YMrp.jpg

Those kick ass! Great stuff  :cool:

What kind of camera are you using? I have a Target 6-20 that I need to figure out how to use, not sure if the right film can be acquired anymore tho.

Whats the workflow?

In a book I have on How To Draw Noir Comics, the author recommends getting a black and white camera and taking photos to do studies with for inking because of the wicked contrast that real black and white photography has.

Rogue-theX said:
Those kick ass! Great stuff  :cool:

What kind of camera are you using? I have a Target 6-20 that I need to figure out how to use, not sure if the right film can be acquired anymore tho.

Canon EOS Rebel S, the first of the EOS Rebel pre-digital SLRs.

Whats the workflow?

Shot on Kodak TMAX 400, developed negatives, made positive prints on Ilford Multigrade IV RC De Luxe (Pearl). I haven’t learned filters, dodging, burning, anything like that yet, it’s still early in the semester.

In a book I have on How To Draw Noir Comics, the author recommends getting a black and white camera and taking photos to do studies with for inking because of the wicked contrast that real black and white photography has.

Sounds like a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom