• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ghostbusters 3 (TM2YC edit of 2016 Film)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
baileym43 said:
all that was seriously there in-between her question and her question getting answered ?

For real. A minute of Kevin not answering the phone properly and saying he's going to a "Hide and seek" tournament... oh and Patty talking about sausages?? This is the most obvious and longest example of this problem but there are a boat-load of shorter dialogue moments throughout the movie that are interrupted in the same way. It makes the plot and character-arcs hard to follow.

Another bad example of this is where Erin is breaking up with her a**hole boyfriend and it's inter-cut with 50 seconds of Abby and Patty improving silly dance moves. I simply removed the inter-cutting. It's not funny but a scene like that shouldn't be funny... even in a comedy.

Workshed

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm watching the theatrical cut currently after seeing your edit.  It's surprising how different the films are.  After seeing a list of the material that was added to the extended, I never want to see that version.

I'm a little surprised that you kept the "boyfriend" in your cut.  He added nothing to the story and even the theatrical cut did a great job working around him never being there.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Workshed said:
I'm a little surprised that you kept the "boyfriend" in your cut.  He added nothing to the story

I'd strongly disagree that he adds "nothing to the story".

Phil the boyfriend doesn't appreciate Erin for who she is and is even embarrassed to be seen with her, which Erin just accepts at the start of the movie, out of a desperation to "fit it". It takes reuniting with her old friend Abby and the friendship with the other Ghostbusters to let her realise she can be who she wants to be. He is central to her story arc IMO.

Foximus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this, and I believe this is the best this film can be. I have yet to actually watch the extended cut (I have it, but haven't been ready to put myself through it), but with all that was added to and removed from the theatrical cut in this version, this really feels like it was a different movie (and I hope somehow Paul Feig sees this version, just to see how his films should be edited). There are entirely new subplots (mostly from the Extended Edition, from what I've read), and I'm really honestly confused that the Erin returning to school subplot didn't even make it into the Extended version.

I noticed some bits missing in this edit that had gotten a chuckle from me when I first saw it, but I honestly couldn't point them out after the fact, nor do I miss them in the long run. That said, I am super glad Rowan was minimized in the first half of the film (I was so confused why any movie maker would want to give away so much so soon), and that most characters "comedic attempts" have been for the most part normalized.

johnnythewolf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone,

I have been away from the Fanedit.org forums for a long, long while, so please forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

How do I download this fanedit? It does not seem to be on info and I do not see a link in the original post.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
johnnythewolf said:
Hey everyone,

I have been away from the Fanedit.org forums for a long, long while, so please forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

How do I download this fanedit? It does not seem to be on info and I do not see a link in the original post.

I know it's not your first time here but time to read the rules at the top of every page...

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

FE.org does not host download links. Your best bet is the to PM the editor (in this case, me) to ask.

johnnythewolf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry. In my defense, it is not immediately obvious where to find the rules, as the link is in a scrolling menu. :(

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
johnnythewolf said:
Sorry. In my defense, it is not immediately obvious where to find the rules, as the link is in a scrolling menu. :(

You mean the disclaimer with red links at the top of EVERY page on the forums to the rules isn't obvious?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sure he means a dropdown menu.  Anyway @"johnnythewolf" , if you continue to have trouble understanding the rules, please send a PM to a staff member...clogging up the thread with this kind of stuff is also against the rules.

johnnythewolf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
You mean the disclaimer with red links at the top of EVERY page on the forums to the rules isn't obvious?

It is not showing up for me. :s

Anyway, I do not want to start a debate over this. Again, I have been away from the website for many years, so my bad.

mgemmell

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the cinema (BR) version yesterday and the edit tonight. I'm astonished how much better the edit is. Bravo.

Clearly less was more. Way more. 

You might have been a smidge hasty on removing all of Bill Murray. That was the only element I really noticed missing. His little TV scene could probably have been left in for 'completeness" of the cameos, while still ditching the second scene.

JefferyDuke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I first saw the film in Theaters I didn't care for it but KNEW there was something in there.
You brought out a solid film with this edit. Absolutely brilliant work.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for taking the time to write a super detailed review on ifdb @"GLogus".

One choice I don't understand, however, is the removal of the candlestick trick. It was a clever misdirect in the original film, and removing it didn't really serve the faneditor's overall purpose, so what was the point?

I wanted the opening to to be genuinely spooky, so I felt suggesting that it was all fake undercut that. Also it's a negative character moment for the tour guide, which we don't need to see and might lessen our sympathy for him when the ghost attacks.

the films colors are oversaturated. The movie has some legit scary parts, and they would be scarier if the film was drained of some of it's color and made to look like the other two films and a horror film in general.

I totally agree but I wasn't up for the time it'd take to fix the grade for this comedy. I tried simply de-saturating the picture but it just looked faded. A proper time-consuming shot-by-shot adjustment would need to be done IMO.

'Ghostbusters III' has now been added to Vimeo, if anybody would prefer to watch it that way.

(Password: fanedit.org)

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Curious why you would call it “Ghostbusters III”, when the original cast is in the film as other characters. The III would indicate that it is the next chapter in the story, no?

Or did you find some way of turning them back into their original characters? That would be super rad. 

BTW, apologies if this is asked and answered, 12 pages is a long thread. :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Conrad MacIntyre said:
Curious why you would call it “Ghostbusters III”

Just for my amusement. It is in no way GB3... except it is the third film, so technically it sorta is :D .

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For anyone wanting to see this who doesn’t own it already, just a heads up that Disney Movies Anywhere just relaunched as “movies anywhere” (includes a bunch of movie studios now) and if you sign up and link your digital accounts they’ll give you 5 free digital movies including ghostbusters (2016).  

(The other 4 are Jason Bourne, Ice Age, Lego Movie, and Big Hero 6). My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but the GB posts made me remember this.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dr. Chim Richalds said:
For anyone wanting to see this who doesn’t own it already, just a heads up that Disney Movies Anywhere just relaunched as “movies anywhere” (includes a bunch of movie studios now) and if you sign up and link your digital accounts they’ll give you 5 free digital movies including ghostbusters (2016).  

(The other 4 are Jason Bourne, Ice Age, Lego Movie, and Big Hero 6). My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but the GB posts made me remember this.

Looks like Dr. Chim beat me to the announcement. Didn't see this post. Excited to be able to watch this edit now :)

Kaby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this was great. I'm in the minority, and actually really liked the theatrical release ha, but I thoroughly enjoyed this take on it.

the edit was seamless. nice work!

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kaby said:
this was great. I'm in the minority, and actually really liked the theatrical release ha, but I thoroughly enjoyed this take on it.

the edit was seamless. nice work!

Guess Im in the minority too also as I enjoyed the theatrical, partially I think because of the dis proportionate amount of vitriol poured over this before it even came out.  I've liked all the McCarthy/Fieg partnerships ,yes they have their faults but they always pass the Kermode six laugh test for me. I will be checking this out when I've wittled away a few more on my fanedit watchlist.

Top Bottom