• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ghostbusters 3 (TM2YC edit of 2016 Film)

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Rick Roll is beyond played out at this point. I like the second version more, but it is a little obscure. Something more contemporary might work better for a mass audience. I would go either with Shaun of the Dead ("You're a zombie, you're dead and ya hate it") or Nightmare Before Christmas (the Marylin Manson version of "This is Halloween).

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fact that the Rick Roll is played out is kind of the joke. It serves the same purpose as the original fart - it's a juvenile prank.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
can we stop calling the original a fart joke?

No we can't, it's a fart gag. A chair can be a fart gag like in this 1967 Jacques Tati film...

...and I'm not going to start calling that a "chair gag".

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
The fact that the Rick Roll is played out is kind of the joke. It serves the same purpose as the original fart - it's a juvenile prank.
Exactly. That's why the rick roll works, and why the fart joke works - it's a juvenile prank. It's a character moment.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was a really funny scene. I'd call that a fart gag since the humor comes from the chair sounding like a fart. GB specifically says it's a queef and not a fart in the dialogue. But considering literally everybody else here has called it a fart gag, I'll let it go.

Besides, we all agree that your replacements of the queef joke are superior so it's a moot point, anyway!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:

Hey, if it makes you laugh instead of wince, good for you. 

To me, it is not funny and swings the opposite way, ending up worse than the original fart. 

Disclaimer:

As I've said before, elsewhere (elusive), I am but one man with one opinion. This is also not my edit. 

You don't have to share my opinion for me to like you. But it helps.  :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
brb, gonna replace the Rick Astley references in my edits with fart jokes.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
brb, gonna replace the Rick Astley references in my edits with fart jokes.

BRTky.jpg

;) Aaaand I'm out.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little less guff in this thread would be appreciated (Pun intended).

There is one line in the second trailer I'd maybe like to use but unless I've missed them, the trailers are not on the blu-ray. Wierd, it's almost as if somebody didn't didn't like them or something?

This is a long shot... but has anybody purchased a blu-ray recently that had the 2nd GB16 trailer on it?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This is a long shot... but has anybody purchased a blu-ray recently that had the 2nd GB16 trailer on it?

I can confirm it's not on mine (US BD), sorry.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
TM2YC said:

I can confirm it's not on mine (US BD), sorry.

Thanks for checking. I think I've probably got the same BR though, it's Region-Free and has the FBI logo on it, rather UK specific warnings. However, the line I wanted didn't work out the way I'd hoped, so I couldn't use it.

After much audio work (which I really hadn't planned to do on this edit, but I can't help myself :D ) here is the first trip out in the "Science mobile" with the horrid Fallout Boy music gone and the classic Ghostbusters music put in it's place, plus all new SoundFX (There was nothing clean/useable from the movies own soundFX). I've included 30-seconds of the scene leading into it for context...

(Password: fanedit.org)

- After Erin politely tells her horrible boyfriend to f**k off, Holtzman no longer immediately embarrasses Erin in front of him by playing a prank on her (That's not what friends do).
- Added classic GB theme. A mix of vocal and instrumental versions
- Replaced all SoundFX between 00.42 and 01.19 including siren, engine, tyres, street noise, crowds, clothing, footsteps etc
- Re-arranged and edited shots in montage to match rhythm of the new music. Removed awkward "Let's go" scene. Now they just get down to business.

For "fun" here is just the soundFX I added...

(Password: fanedit.org)

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice -  better than I hoped it could be! I used to think the theatrical lines from. Patty about that being inappropriate artwork for that vehicle's purpose was better but I like the extended version about the ghost being on the car (same joke, more direct)  the way you've cut the scene. 

Anyway, glad to see that song gone (Didn't mind the Walk The Moon version so much)...  Now all seems right with the world (except for the total collapse of western governments but that's hard to fix with a Ghostbusters edit).

nova2725

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to this version.i went to cinema to watch this and what a disaster this movie was too many jokes the acting was horrible.the story was way to fast kept going from one character to another.loving your ideas for this edit.if your going redo the sound fx please redo the ghost busters car siren from first movie onto this as the one on this movie does not sound Right.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nova2725 said:
if your going redo the sound fx please redo the ghost busters car siren from first movie onto this as the one on this movie does not sound Right.

Sorry but no for two reasons: 1. It's its own thing, different car, different sound. 2. I can't be bothered even if I thought it was a good change :D . It would be easy enough to change for this one sequence, now that I've got all the other sounds replaced but a total nightmare for the entire rest of the movie.

SpectacularSMan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im loving all of these changes so far, man. This edit is killer. You edited in the old theme perfectly and I can now watch that scene without cringing.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
30971002330_70efe9243b_o.jpg

What member of the GB16 team thought it would be a good idea to have the film frame rotate during one shot? Needless to say, I've un-rotated it for this fanedit.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now that TM2YC is editing this I'm going to have to buy the br when it comes out! This site is bad for my wallet! :)

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This sounds like a good idea. I seen this in theaters and was unimpressed.

Top Bottom