• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ghostbusters 3 (TM2YC edit of 2016 Film)

Muffy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks TM2YC I watch this edit often with my little ones the adult jokes which are left in flying over their heads but I do still have to skip the only F bomb in the movie at the firehouse. Would be good to get a version that cuts just before she says it not only would it be kid friendly but would add to the comedy value for that scene.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks TM2YC I watch this edit often with my little ones the adult jokes which are left in flying over their heads but I do still have to skip the only F bomb in the movie at the firehouse. Would be good to get a version that cuts just before she says it not only would it be kid friendly but would add to the comedy value for that scene.

Wow, watching this "often" is quite the compliment! Thanks. The F bomb in the firehouse really made me laugh precisely because it's so over the top and out of nowhere but I can see what you mean about it being a problem in an otherwise PG-ish sort of movie.

This is one of the fanedits I'm most proud of and I've actually rewatched it a few times for my own enjoyment. But I would like to remake it one day with the hyper saturated grade fixed (which several people have asked for) and I'd replace the audio with the DVD (which wouldn't be plagued with the blu-ray's Cinavia copy-protection), plus a few tweaks and improvements I've reconsidered. So if I ever get round to that, I'll give your suggestion about trimming bad language serious consideration.

Feel free to drop my edit into a timeline and chop that bit out.

Talysman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was watching your edit yesterday, as a matter of fact :) Still enjoy this edit, it removes a lot of the "humor" that fell flat or hit wrong or caused an odd beat in the pacing of the film. Very enjoyable!

Muffy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know what what you mean about the saturation as it is blown out but I use Kodi to watch my stuff on PC via my TV and surround sound home cinema setup so tweaking the saturation on the fly is no issue really. I tried to do a quick and dirty cut using MKVtoolnix to edit that scene but gave up in the end as its a few seconds cut and MKVtoolnix doesn't handle it well not accurate start/end times, I try to avoid heavier re-encoding as my little HTPC is not the stongest system 😅.

Top Bottom