• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ghost in the Shell 2017: Lean & Mean Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I find this fanedit quite enjoyable, I actually discovered Fanedit.org by searching this fanedit specifically, I was dissapointed on the threatical release, like most of us, fans of the cyberpunk genre and the original and first Ghost in the Shell Movie (1995), the tone, the asthetics. I was very thrilled that the movie was set into production and anticipaded the release with such excitement, but like most comercial releases it has it's mesure of cheesyness and unnecesary plot holes. This fan edit is GREAT and makes the movie worth watching ,thrilling and gives us some justice. Great cue on the shelling scene with the original GITS (1995) OST LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Thanks FairFriend you did us cyberpunk fans a favour!! Hope you have a great present as an editor pro. As stated by digmodification and some others the audo/video sync at 16:58 catched my eye. Audio could've handeled a bit better, it's not bad, tho it could have been better, maybe using Izotope RX for the dialogues, and matching the room sound with better editing. There were minor details. I'm no pro, I'm starting on video editing myself. But from an audience standpoint you made WONDERS with the source material, I liked this like an 90's or 2000's action flick! Keep up the good work. Also a sugestion for the credits music, I'd pick a synthwave version of the soundtrack that could represent the cyberpunk asthetic even more, I made a small YouTube curation on the remixes of Kenji Kawai's Making On A Cyborg (I literally heard all remixes available on YouTube), I'm a musician with a fair experience on music production and these are my 2 cents on the matter, anyway I present you my top 3: 1st place YXYZ Remix (Mixing and Arrangement are extremely well made tho the genre it's somewhat edgy to some ears)
2nd place Justa Armada Remix (The idea is great but lacks on a great mix)
3rd place Steve Aoki Remix (This is fine as Steve Aoki's overall work, just not my usuall cup of tea)

Continue reading...

Top Bottom