• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Getaway: Recut by Avid4D

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finishing my next project, Getaway Recut, staring Ethan Hawke and Salena Gomez.

Getaway is a car chase movie, so don't expect the finest story ever written, but it does have some great driving scenes if you are a sports car nut or motor head like me! It also has some of the worst cheesy dialogue, mostly by Salena Gomez who I'm sure the movie creators thought she could play the annoying teen, so I don't entirely blame her. This doesn't stop me however, trimming as much of the script's weak points as possible without impacting what there is of a story.

I have also trimmed the carnage a little. There are some immense crashes, but in general it felt like there were too many and was somewhat unbelievable. There is mention early in the movie that the car has been "armored" which helps explain how the car can possibly survive what it goes through, but I still wanted to make the film feel a little more realistic.

In my opinion the best scene by far in the entire movie is the "Le Rendezvous" style front camera sequence toward the end of the film - and something I tried to accentuate subtly while the shot progresses without distracting you. If you don't know Le Rendezvous then research it, and hopefully you will watch what is a ground breaking short film that is a motor sport world icon!

Getaway%20Recut%20(2013).jpg

Apologies for the tangent but I immediately thought of this.

Avid4D said:
In my opinion the best scene by far in the entire movie is the "Le Rendezvous" style front camera sequence toward the end of the film - and something I tried to accentuate subtly while the shot progresses without distracting you. If you don't know Le Rendezvous then research it, and hopefully you will watch what is a ground breaking short film that is a motor sport world icon!

Yes, that sequence is beautiful!

For those unfamiliar with Le Rendezvous here is a 30sec trailer (the whole movie only went for 7min or so!). As mentioned there is one scene in Getaway that is a homage to this cult classic.

Back
Top Bottom