• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Game of Thrones: Redeemed:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is an amazing edit... The last season of Game of Thrones was so bad it ruined the entire series for me. What this edit shows is that most of that damage was actually done in the last 3 episodes and by essentially removing them and bringing a shortened battle of Kingslanding earlier in the story the narrative is greatly improved. The battle against the White Walkers now becomes the climax of the show as it always should have been. That being said I think this edit still falls short of creating a great finish for the show, which is no reflection on what has been created, simply the fact that a fan edit can only do so much with the material that exists. However, what the edit does achieve is a satisfactory finish that, as the title says, redeems game of thrones so it can be enjoyed again. A great many problems are fixed with this edit and the extra voice work is surprisingly effective at giving Bran a purpose and creating a more satisfying end to the Night King. Its hard to see what more could be achieved without re-shooting his end (or indeed the entire battle). I must commend the editor on all the hard work that has clearly gone into achieving this excellent retelling and would recommend this edit as a 'must watch' for anybody who enjoyed the show.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom