• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

GAME OF THRONES [FILM II]: A Storm of Swords [LOTR]

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
greatnoggini said:
Also (I forgot to bring this up before) I liked how you paralleled two very different mother and son scenes to show the very different relationships there. That was really well done from a thematic point of view.

Was just about to say this. The juxtaposition was fantastic. I loved the use of the Nazgul theme during the infanticide scene, too. Truly haunting stuff.

Minor point, was there any reason you went with 'A Storm of Swords' over 'A Clash of Kings'? I couldn't help thinking that, especially given Catelyn's "There's a King on every corner" line.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
greatnoggini said:
Also (I forgot to bring this up before) I liked how you paralleled two very different mother and son scenes to show the very different relationships there. That was really well done from a thematic point of view.

Was just about to say this. The juxtaposition was fantastic. I loved the use of the Nazgul theme during the infanticide scene, too. Truly haunting stuff.

Minor point, was there any reason you went with 'A Storm of Swords' over 'A Clash of Kings'? I couldn't help thinking that, especially given Catelyn's "There's a King on every corner" line.
Just that i didn't want to use "King" in both the first two titles of my GoT franchise. But I am considering using the title "The War of the Five Kings" rather than "A Clash of Kings", as that sounds more like a continuation of the story rather than name-drop "Clash of Kings". But again, two «Kings» might be confusing.

MovieMan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m very excited for this. Watching the first film now and it’s excellent!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FILM II is nearing its release. And what a journey!

sch92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, this is interesting. While I don't have the patience nor the time to watch tens of hours of series, I would gladly watch it in this format :).

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sch92 said:
Well, this is interesting. While I don't have the patience nor the time to watch tens of hours of series, I would gladly watch it in this format :).

That seems odd that you've bought the entire series just to let it sit on your shelf.

sch92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
sch92 said:

That seems odd that you've bought the entire series just to let it sit on your shelf.

Haha, I said I would watch it, but that doesn't mean I could  :p:(

meteoratc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very much appreciated your first edit, and used it to introduce the series to my partner

Once you have links ready will love to experience it & add it to the collection, looking forward to it Andreas

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
meteoratc said:
Very much appreciated your first edit, and used it to introduce the series to my partner

Once you have links ready will love to experience it & add it to the collection, looking forward to it Andreas
Thank you, brother! I hope your partner really enjoyed it! Out of curiosity, was she familiar with the LOTR soundtrack before (or perhaps even after) the viewing?

I will be sure to notify you in this thread upon release, then feel free to send me a PM. <3

Thank you for your support!

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very very excited about this! Only recently had the pleasure of watching your first GOT edit. Genius! That is what brought me to this forum. Looking for this new one.

I am very glad that I am here.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Denizen said:
Very very excited about this! Only recently had the pleasure of watching your first GOT edit. Genius! That is what brought me to this forum. Looking for this new one.

I am very glad that I am here.
You honor me beyond words, my friend. I hope the second one, although both longer and more convoluted than it’s predecessor, will give you the same experience. Cheers!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FILM II, A Storm of Swords, is FINISHED.

The edit will be uploaded tonight. Runtime is at 3 hours and 6 minutes.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
Is Film 2 covering mostly Season 3/Book 3?
Film II is covering season 2. A Feast for Crows fits the third movie better, as it actually features three scenes with crows - and a lot of deaths. Storm of Swords was very fitting as there are a lot of battles this season, not to mention Blackwater Bay.

Film II has been posted on IFDB, and can now be obtained over PM.

I am thinking about making the third film combine season 3 and parts of season 4, so that I thereafter can make Film VI (the rest of season 4) into a truly epic. If I do this The Red Wedding would appear around the second act, instead of the third. Any ideas or suggestions in response to this thought would be appreciated.

greatnoggini

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That does make sense - the third book was spread across seasons 3 and part of 4 so your edit would actually bring it in line with that. A great idea

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
greatnoggini said:
That does make sense - the third book was spread across seasons 3 and part of 4 so your edit would actually bring it in line with that. A great idea
Thank you, my friend.

I've received several suggestions in PMs and I must say that to end Film III, if doable, with the Purple Wedding would be a great way to end the film. That way Film IV can focus a lot more on the new and important storylines now that Robb is gone, and end with the massive battle at The Wall.

JXEditor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So a while ago I sent you a PM regarding my thoughts on what I beleive you should do for the Red Wedding. My exact words were "Intercut the red wedding with Sansa and Tyrion’s wedding (similar to The Godfather and Revenge of the Sith) with the Gollum/Ring theme playing over it." 

Here is a very rough mock-up I recently made of that idea. 

I admit it doesn't work 100% of the time and this isn't exactly what I had in mind, but that isn't to say it can't work.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JXEditor said:
That's a very good rough cut/mock-up, and your idea has already been executed in my edit for Film III. Mine is still a rough cut also - I might change things as the narrative becomes more and more clear, but it's surprisingly similar in tone in some of the scenes you posted. Although for Film III I'm going for a more subtle musical tone to The Red Wedding to make the death screams and horror stand out even more.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to completed. This edit is now on the iron throne ifdb.

Top Bottom