• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

GAME OF THRONES || A Tale of Kings and Honor [1st film] [Lord of the Rings]

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

It isn't much, but I thought I would share for those who might stick this on a BD. I know I definitely am.

hannssoni

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i tried to sent you a pm for download link but i got this error while sending you a message 
  • Andreas has reached their private message quota so your message could not be sent.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
kidjupiter92 said:

It isn't much, but I thought I would share for those who might stick this on a BD. I know I definitely am.
Gorgeous and simple my friend. Thank you. I'll put it on the IfdB as well. It is a huge compliment that you think that.
hannssoni said:
i tried to sent you a pm for download link but i got this error while sending you a message 
  • Andreas has reached their private message quota so your message could not be sent.
This is now fixed. PM me right away. :)

boozdog

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please could I get a link to your fanedit [font=Raleway, sans-serif]A Tale of Kings and Honor[/font]
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]thank you[/font]

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boozdog said:
Please could I get a link to your fanedit [font=Raleway, sans-serif]A Tale of Kings and Honor[/font]
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]thank you[/font]
PM sent.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"boozdog" please do not request edits in the forum. This violates our rules.

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rulespages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Also, general reminder to not post PM sent in the forum. Members will receive an alert that they have received a PM.

Last, please contact a staff with any issues or post them in the bug section  (after running a search).

Thanks and Happy Days everyone! :)

benplace

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched most of this last night before bed and will finish it tonight.  It is done amazingly well!
I never felt like I was watching something "put together", everything flowed seamlessly and the opening was done as well as any Hollywood production.  The score fit perfectly and gave it more of a "Movie" atmosphere.
Please, Please, Please do the rest of the seasons!

Thanks,
Ben

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
benplace said:
I watched most of this last night before bed and will finish it tonight.  It is done amazingly well!
I never felt like I was watching something "put together", everything flowed seamlessly and the opening was done as well as any Hollywood production.  The score fit perfectly and gave it more of a "Movie" atmosphere.
Please, Please, Please do the rest of the seasons!

Thanks,
Ben
Thank you, my man. You flatter me beyond belief.

And yes, I will indeed. Film II is in finishing stages of total completion, and you can follow the thread in the IN-THE-WORKS section at this forum.

Thank you again!

ragnarok635

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi! Please could I get a link to your fanedit A Tale of Kings and Honor thank you

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ragnarok635 said:
Hi! Please could I get a link to your fanedit A Tale of Kings and Honor thank you

As you're new here, please read our rules before posting. We do not permit download or link requests.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally gave this a watch and was blown away. Fantastic work for an edit, especially with the music and pacing. This is deffo in my top 3 tv-movie edits. Great job, @Andreas!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Finally gave this a watch and was blown away. Fantastic work for an edit, especially with the music and pacing. This is deffo in my top 3 tv-movie edits. Great job, @Andreas!
Thank you, my friend. I will respond to your PM as well when I have the time, hopefully tomorrow after school.

Flight23

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Hi! Please could I get a link to your fanedit A Tale of Kings and Honor thank you[/font]

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review posted at IFDB:

TV-to-movie edits are tough. It's really easy to take a 10 hour TV season and make a 4 hour TV season. What's difficult is taking a 10 hour season and making a proper 2.5 hour movie. In that sense, this edit passes with flying colours. There's another edit of season one that didn't do a good job with the narrative but this is on another level. This is a gripping story with all the right elements. The opening is genius and it flows like a proper movie. The only bad thing I can say about the narrative is that it's not a self-contained story and relies on the fact that sequels are coming. But that's a minor quibble because you'll definitely want to watch the sequel right after this anyway.

The picture quality is great and the addition of the LOTR score is a great bonus. But there's a serious issue with this edit in that there about a dozen or so spots where the picture becomes very pixelated for a few seconds. It's bad enough that it takes you out of the movie and the editor really should have corrected this before releasing it. Were it not for that, this would easily be a 9 or 10 out of 10, but as it stands now, I can't recommend this edit. The editor should really take another shot at this because the narrative is so good that it deserves a release without technical issues.

Here are some examples of the technical issues with the edit.

Right in the space above the chopping block you can see a horizontal line of pixels. Not a big deal, but big enough to notice.

JzWr9Ob.png

Here is a more serious issue. It lasts for about 5 seconds.

V3yQJlI.png

There are about a dozen or so more spots like this in the edit. I really should not have been released like this, and I'd encourage the editor to fix these issues.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Thank you for such a good and heartfelt review, followed by constructive criticism that definitely has earned its place. Thank you so much, brother. It makes me so happy to see people enjoy this to this degree. Thank you!

I agree. The weird thing with those techincal issues is that all happen from Episode 1 Material. And in the original rip, there are no such errors. So - it happened in rendering, and I wasn't aware of them before AFTER the release. Which is unfortunate. However, it should be easy to fix and I'll upload a new version in the very near future with replacement scenes for the faulty ones.

Thank you!

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Thank you for such a good and heartfelt review, followed by constructive criticism that definitely has earned its place. Thank you so much, brother. It makes me so happy to see people enjoy this to this degree. Thank you!

I agree. The weird thing with those techincal issues is that all happen from Episode 1 Material. And in the original rip, there are no such errors. So - it happened in rendering, and I wasn't aware of them before AFTER the release. Which is unfortunate. However, it should be easy to fix and I'll upload a new version in the very near future with replacement scenes for the faulty ones.

Thank you!

Glad to hear you'll be fixing it. Once your edit is finished, I always recommend putting it aside for a week and then watching your final, rendered version - the one others will see - with a fresh mind. You'll see things that you missed and avoid issues like this in the future. I'm looking forward to the sequel and any other future ones you have planned.

gddgb

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just streamed the first few minutes to test the file, and the book intro with the LOTR score gave me chills.  Can't wait to watch this thing!

evstav

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good job! This is exactly what i wanted, because the show was too slow for my tastes, even if I found the story interesting. The only thing I didn't like was the black bars. In my opinion, it was just a degrade of quality... Congratulations!! :)

evstav

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love it!! It's exactly what I needed to watch the show, because the slow pace bothered me a lot. Good job! The only thing that I didn't like is the absence of a subtitle track. English is not my first language, and I have a small difficulty understanding spoken English... But, whatever, I can't eat my cake and have it :p

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gddgb said:
Just streamed the first few minutes to test the file, and the book intro with the LOTR score gave me chills.  Can't wait to watch this thing!
Thank you, buddy! Hope you enjoyed what came after as well!

evstav said:
I love it!! It's exactly what I needed to watch the show, because the slow pace bothered me a lot. Good job! The only thing that I didn't like is the absence of a subtitle track. English is not my first language, and I have a small difficulty understanding spoken English... But, whatever, I can't eat my cake and have it :p
Cheers, brother! Greatly appreciated!

I know!! Game of Thrones has a lot of accents and a lot of difficult, dare I say ancient, words at times, so for the foreign ear you will sometimes just have to guess without those subtitles. But! Maybe one day some nerd, perhaps me, might bother to do those subtitle tracks. I just find doing an edit for hours upon hours is more than enough, because when you release your edit you are usually so tired of it that doing subtitles for the lines you could speak in your sleep is less tempting than, say, go out and enjoy some sun.

Top Bottom