• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

G.I. Joe: Secret of the Mummy’s tomb

A

AvP

by Jim Sweet
What is it about? This combines the 1970’s book and the record of “G.I. Joe: The Secret of The Mummy’s Tomb” to a visual experience.
GIJoe_mini.jpg

TITLE G.I. Joe: Secret of the Mummy’s tomb
EDIT WAS RELEASED ON FE: October 2008
YEAR BOOK WAS RELEASED 1973
RUNNING TIME 10mins

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT AND WHAT WENT INTO IT
In 2007 I wanted to scan the 1970’s book and record “G.I. Joe: The Secret of The Mummy’s Tomb”. Before doing this I was given a link and stumbled across this on you tube:

GI Joe The Secret of the Mummy's Tomb (Jim Sweet)

It turns out artist Jim Sweet also had the same idea and took it one step further… he animated the book…literally!

Jim took the book and made it a cartoon similar in style to the older 1960’s Hanna Barbara animation.

I got in touch with Jim and he sent me the master WMV file that was used for the lesser quality youtube version.

WHAT IS ON THE DISC
You get the following on this special dvd

1. Jim’s original untouched version with his scratchy, loud retro audio. With his permission, I did have to normalize this because it would distort your tv speakers. It now sounds fine (levels)
2. Jim’s record also skipped one word of Joe saying “oww” when he walked into a mirror
3. I own the same record and made a second audio track that is VERY clean and with proper volume levels. This audio also has the “owww” restored
4. I window boxed this dvd version and now you will not miss any part of the picture from tv overscan
5. cool retro menus and the option of viewing the menu in 3D!!!!!
6. dvd rom content includes the original WMV version and cover art by ThrowgnCPR

** you will notice some very minor artifact noise. This was inherit in the original source material and not from my dvd authoring

If you loved Movealong’s star wars storybook edits and KingSpyder’s Saga of Battlestar Galactica story to film edition, you will love this as well.

TECH
dvd, ntsc, 750 megs, nice menu

Persons involved: Jim Sweet (idea, editing) Tranzor (DVD authoring)

Top Bottom