• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Frink's Prequel Cutlist Project

L8wrtr said:
Oh, and Frink, I think I will postponing my SW edits for the BD release in September.
I only approve as long as you redo Shadow of the Sith in HD ;)

TV's Frink said:
I only approve as long as you redo Shadow of the Sith in HD ;)

That is the plan. I'm counting on Lucas being a show-off and including the deleted scenes in HD. :-o

L8wrtr said:
That is the plan

sffko1.jpg

Episode 2 Summary Spreadsheet updated to include Diamond Wan
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0IAN59NI

btw, I forgot to publicly thank Diamond Wan for providing me a fully done cutlist based on my template. It made things go much faster :)

You're welcome - your cut list is an excellent way to equally compare fan edits!

Ok, this post has been a good six months in the making. I've nearly wrote it a dozen times, but always held back. But seeing as how I haven't updated this project for over three months now, the time is probably right.

I'm 99% sure I'm abandoning this labor of love. I'm leaving that 1% open because it would be silly to say I won't come back to this some day, but I'm pretty sure I'm done. Reasons why:

1) Kids

The second kid created more than 2x the work at home, as I'm sure you multi-kid parents out there understand. Therefore free time is even more limited this year than last.

2) It's not fun anymore

I used to enjoy working on this. It was neat to see who did what differently and also feel like I was contributing to the site. But I'm damn sick of the prequels, at least from a documenting perspective, and the fact that I haven't been able to make myself keep working on this for three months is proof. I made it about halfway through Kerr's EP 3 and just completely lost interest. Not in the edit, which has some really neat stuff in it, but in the process itself. It takes around 8 hours of work to do a 2 hour edit, and I just found myself dreading the work, not to mention avoiding it.

3) I have my own edit to work on now

Not only has my edit replaced this project as my "contribution to the site" (in addition to occasional mod-ing, of course), but as I said in #1, free time is extremely limited. And I love working on the edit. I look forward to it. I can't wait to get back to it. And those reactions are the complete opposite to the ones I have to this project.

Sorry for the mini-rant, I'm not looking for any "please don't do this" posts or any "thanks for all the work" posts. I just needed to get this out of my head. And as I said, it's not 100% dead, but I would be surprised if I bring it back. It's just too painful ;)

By the way, I'd never ask anyone to share this torture with me, but if you are interested in taking the project over, you'll have both my blessing and my admiration.

Thanks to all who have provided support, advice, and encouragement over the last two-and-a-half years (seriously? :shock:)

-TVF

Frink - I can completely understand why you don't want to do this anymore, and I sympathize.

Can you at least post the links for the last versions of the cutlists you made? Your previous versions were on Megaupload, which of course has been shut down now by the feds.

Absolutely.

EDIT: Already uploaded. Just need to update the OP...

Thanks, Frink! Just let me know when the original post is updated. :) (I just tried it, and it isn't yet.)

Yeah sorry, was just about to do it and life intervened. And when I got back to the computer, I had an editing itch to scratch.

I'll post here when it's up.

Ep 1 links updated.

Ep 2 links updated.

I keep getting this message:

"All download slots for this link are currently filled.
Please try again momentarily."

I tried it twice, and then I waited about an hour or so, and I'm still getting that message.

Is that normal? If so, when is a good time to try for these files?

Not sure, this is my first time using megashares. Maybe try using jdownloader.

This may have already been proposed, but could I suggest uploading them to google docs. They would then be available in browser.

Not a bad idea...

Back
Top Bottom