• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (A Homecoming FanFix)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pf29xk3.png

I liked Homecoming, I liked it alot. But there were some very minor issues I had with the film. So using a lot of the ideas from another thread on the site, I thought that I'd make my own cut of the film

GENERAL GOALS:
- Trim some of the mediocre jokes so that the better ones shines through
- Cut some minor nitpicks I had with the film
- Rescore some scenes for added emotional impact
- Fixing a major continuity issue (mostly)
- Very slightly adjusting the colour-grade (saturation and black values altered)

CUTLIST:
- Cut the "Actually, it's Native American, but whatever" joke by the Tinkerer
- Cutting straight to the Marvel logo after Toomes says "The world's changing, it's time we change too" to avoid the 8 years thing
- Cut both hot Aunt May jokes in the deli and resturant
- Cut Ned asks Peter a bunch of questions about being Spider-Man
- Replace “Oh Yeah” by Yello during Ferris Bueller gag with correct movie audio
- Cut Toomes saying “Does this work?” and "I thought this was the Anti-Gravity gun" after he kills Not Tom Hardy 
- Cut Ned saying “That’s awesome” after Peter says he was almost vapourised
- Cut Toomes saying "8 years and not a word from the feds..." (need to figure out how to do this)
- Cut instant kill gag during ferry
- Cut Karen telling Peter where to web the ferry together and that he was 98% successful
- Rescored Tony saving the Ferry with the Iron Man 3 Theme
- Cut gum under bus seat joke during Shocker #2 fight after Homecoming
- Rescored rubble scene with some classic Elfman (Thanks to darthrush)
- Move Toomes in prison to right after Liz says goodbye to Peter
- Cut close-up of Audi dashboard on the way to Avengers Facility
- Cut Tony/Pepper proposal scene
- Replace end credits song with The Ramones Spider-Man theme
- Added credits for Bobson Dugnutt
- Replaced title card during credits
- New mid-credits scene

SOURCES;
-  Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
-  Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2017)
- Spider-Man: Original Motion Picture Score (2002)
- Spider-Man 2: Original Motion Picture Score (2004)
-  Iron Man 3 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2013)

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool. I too liked this film a lot, and am looking forward to this. :)

Also, I love the title. ;)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some colour grading I've been doing on kk650's Regrade

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually preferred the Blu Ray color on the sunset scene. I couldn't see a difference on the second scene.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The blu-ray color is superior on both shots, IMO.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Not sure if I should cut the Tony voiceover from the rubble scene

I think you should. It really doesn't add anything that isn't summed up visually by that single shot of the mask in the water. Show don't tell, etc.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Not sure if I should cut the Tony voiceover from the rubble scene

I think you should. It really doesn't add anything that isn't summed up visually by that single shot of the mask in the water. Show don't tell, etc.

That's fair enough, it does seem kinda corny and out of place. All it needed was a headshot of Tony and it would of been right out of a comic from the 60s.

ThrowgnCpr said:

I still think it needs a bit of a slight change, but looking at it now, yeah it really does

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

I still think it needs a bit of a slight change, but looking at it now, yeah it really does

Your response is confusing.
roses-are-red-violets-are-blue-dis-poem-doesnt-make-any-sense-refrigerator.jpg

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sweet! All the key improvements AND a better title.

@"Bobson Dugnutt" what do you think of removing some of "Karen"'s lines? To let Spidey figure out more himself, and let him talk to himself a bit.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a rough cut up if anyone wants to see it. I will be doing it again from the ground up though, but if anyone wants to see how it is currently, PM me. Just to note, there is one bad cut that I know needs to be fixed during the resturant scene when the waiter hits on Aunt May. Need to figure that one out.

darthrush

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Absolutely cut the voiceover from Tony. The rescore is really great though. Just make sure there's no music bleed through. If you need to, just isolate where the sound effects are and keep those bits of the original audio. Overall this edit looks killer! Keep up the good work.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
darthrush said:
Absolutely cut the voiceover from Tony. The rescore is really great though. Just make sure there's no music bleed through. If you need to, just isolate where the sound effects are and keep those bits of the original audio. Overall this edit looks killer! Keep up the good work.

The voiceover cut will be addressed in v2, but the rescoring is a little tough. The centre channel isn't clean, so it'll be a real annoyance to get right.

darthrush

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
darthrush said:

The voiceover cut will be addressed in v2, but the rescoring is a little tough. The centre channel isn't clean, so it'll be a real annoyance to get right.

If you want, I can help out for the rubble scene. I could upload a version of it with as much music removed and sound effects/dialogue left over as possible and send it over. Then you could overlay the new music cause the elfman rescore is just wonderful!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
darthrush said:
If you want, I can help out for the rubble scene. I could upload a version of it with as much music removed and sound effects/dialogue left over as possible and send it over. Then you could overlay the new music cause the elfman rescore is just wonderful!

That would be a tremendous help if you could, thank you!

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definitely remove Tony Stark’s voiceover.  Other than that: the rescore is wonderful.  That brings the feels.  Gee would I have loved to see that in the theatre!

Nerdman3000

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What are your plans with Michelle/MJ? I know some people have considered getting rid of the MJ bit entirely, but personally, I'd instead just remove the whole Michelle part of it and actually make her Mary-Jane rather than the weird half way thing the film has going for it (maybe splice the audio or use Lyrebird so it sounds like Martin Starr's character is calling her Mary Jane), but obviously it's your decision.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nerdman3000 said:
What are your plans with Michelle/MJ? I know some people have considered getting rid of the MJ bit entirely, but personally, I'd instead just remove the whole Michelle part of it and actually make her Mary-Jane rather than the weird half way thing the film has going for it (maybe splice the audio or use Lyrebird so it sounds like Martin Starr's character is calling her Mary Jane), but obviously it's your decision.

I think it'd sound kinda fishy if I try to make him say Mary-Jane with Lyrebird, just like if I used DeepFakes to make Tom Holland into Tobey Maguire. It'd just be off. 
I've thought about just cutting out the bit when she says to call her MJ at the end, however I'm trying to fit this into the greater MCU, which is why I'm keeping the Tony/Pepper proposal in the mid-credits scene.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Updated rescored rubble scene made incredibly well by @"darthrush"

I've also made some other cuts such as;

- Cutting straight to the Marvel logo after Toomes says "The world's changing, it's time we change too" to avoid the 8 years thing, still not sure what I'll do with the mention later in the film
- Cut the "actually they're native americans" joke by the Tinkerer, Ned saying it's "awesome" that Peter almost got vaporized, the "Washington Monument was built by salves" and some other mediorce jokes here and there
- Cut Karen telling Peter where to web the ferry together, now she only tells him he was 98% successful and some other small Karen moments
- Trimming the part when Ned asks Peter a bunch of questions about being Spider-Man

Nerdman3000

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Nerdman3000 said:

I think it'd sound kinda fishy if I try to make him say Mary-Jane with Lyrebird, just like if I used DeepFakes to make Tom Holland into Tobey Maguire. It'd just be off. 
I've thought about just cutting out the bit when she says to call her MJ at the end, however I'm trying to fit this into the greater MCU, which is why I'm keeping the Tony/Pepper proposal in the mid-credits scene.

I find that Lyrebird works better if you only use it to make one word. It's when you try to make a whole sentence that's it's more noticeable. My suggestion though would be to cut out the first time he calls her Michelle in Washington, and then have him maybe call her Mary in the final scene.

Top Bottom